• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Just announced at Sony TGS LiveTour!

EDIT: Added Direct Feed trailer.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks freaking great, very stylish and very SamSho.

Good to see them ditch their own engine.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
YESSS I'm excited! I wonder how the roster is. New characters? Returning characters? Guests? Oh the possibilities.

9sgGYAq.gif
ycdENBB.gif

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Graphically I'm super impressed. I just hope the wait isn't TOO far off. I can handle 2019 if it's like March or April or something. I hope they don't come out later and go "See you at launch in August!" LOL

Edit: Please give me LB2 guests, SNK. PLEASE

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Looks nice, like Street Fighter 4 x SNK, heh. At least they're not going for plain rendering like KoF but try to stylize it.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
From the trailer, here are the confirmed characters so far:

- Haohmaru
- Jubei Yagyu
- Nakoruru
- Earthquake
- Galford
- Ukyo
- Genjuro
- Tamtam
- Hanzo

At 0:47, there is a mysterious figure.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Look at the trailer posted there again. You can see updated designs Hanzo, Tam Tam, Ukyo...

I really think the backgrounds look gorgeous. I like the characters, sure, but generally speaking, 3D games don't do a great job at making their backgrounds look like they have a STYLE. They always focus on the style on the characters, and the BGs are just bright textured 3D.

These look like paintings. They have some strong linework, great foilage, "Godrays" of light, etc.

The "Fatal Slashes" so far look rather nice, too. Poor Nakoruru getting blood splashed all over her face is the kind of artsy, character-impacting violence that works well with this kind of artstyle.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018

No, it seems to be a full-fledged new entry. SNK is supposed to unveil the game in about six hours. I guess we will know more then.

It looks like they are still doing the whole rivalry thing, where each character has one rival in their personal story. I am very much into that. I liked that so much in Samurai Showdown, particularly IV.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks really great. But what is with the postage-stamp sized video?

Edit; nvm

Last edited:

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
and it still has the blood! another Rated M fighting game besides MK?

Samurai, to me, was the only suitable candidate to match Mortal Kombat's gore. They even have some sort of fatality.

To be fair, I never tried Killer Instinct, and I guess it has some sort of finish him move as well

I like the idea of a Samurai game with blood and modern graphics, but was hoping it is something like KOFXIII or Garou.