Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ya know who would've been a better voice actor for Galford?
Kazuya Nakai

Ya know what, this being the age of crossovers, get these peeps in
p186425_b_v8_ac.jpg

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
This looks super god and faithful to 2d evrsion, even if more on the colorful pop side of the last (and maybe first) ones than the dark of the 4.
That makes me super hopeful for next SNK games if they can raise the bar. The king is back!

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda wish the 3d was a little less realistic and more stylized and colorful, but its the first time that I've said to myself that it doesn't look inherently, "bad."

Also it looks like the gameplay will be spot on.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I know, right?

Here's footage of Samurai Shodown 64 (Samurai Spirits: Samurai Tamashii)

Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage (Samurai Spirits 2: Asura Zanmaden)

From actual Hyper Neo Geo 64 hardware, not emulation.

That is awesome.
I was lucky enough to play the first one, on an original Neo Geo 64 arcade.

The PS1 3D Samurai Spirits was also OK. The graphics were kinda bland, but the music and the characters were good.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Really like the artstyle. Kind of surprised it translated so well.

In day 1 no doubt. Bless this fighting game renaissance.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I sincerely hope the backgrounds in that trailer are from an early build cuz they just feel like they're just 'there'.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is gonna be really awkward when they announce KOF 15 with the 14 engine, unless they want to support KOF with even more DLC's while making the new KOF game look better

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Kinda expected a samsho game to be announced but I'm not sure about the art style, it's like they're after that Street Fighter money with this. Will wait for more information and gameplay .

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks so good ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Kinda expected a samsho game to be announced but I'm not sure about the art style, it's like they're after that Street Fighter money with this. Will wait for more information and gameplay .
What Street Fighter money? SF is not as big as you think it is now, nor is it a market leader in the genre in any way or form anymore.

SF doesn't even look like this most of the time, it only looks like SF4 during focus attack.

Yaqoub

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
This. This is the quality we've been waiting for.

Welcome back, SNK!

Looks superb. I'm all in.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Looks like the entirety of the Sam sho 1 roster excluding Gen-An + 1 Sam Sho 2 character. This feels like a straight up reboot so far. I got no problem with that.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The models aren't particularly great but shading is what makes them.

Yaqoub

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Re-watched the trailer again with 1/4th speed. The animations, guys. They look SO good.

Also seems like they decided to key frame some things? Haohmaru's hair doesn't seem to be flailing around crazily, but Assquake's chains seem to be physics based?

Maybe I'm wrong lol

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh... might give it a try, but I doubt SNK has what it takes to be all that relevant in the modern day fighter space.

We'll see, I guess.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
That is awesome.
I was lucky enough to play the first one, on an original Neo Geo 64 arcade.

The PS1 3D Samurai Spirits was also OK. The graphics were kinda bland, but the music and the characters were good.

Yeah, and I had always thought the PS1 Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage was a port of the second Hyper Neo Geo 64 game, but it's not, it was a third 3D entry in the series.
Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage (known in Japan as Samurai Spirits Shinshou), not to be confused with Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage, is a 3D historical-fantasy weapon-based fighting game developed and published by SNK for the Sony PlayStation in Japan (on October 16, 1998) and North America (on April 18, 2000).

The third and final installment of the 3D trilogy of Samurai Shodown games (after Samurai Shodown 64 and Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage), Warriors Rage is set 20 years after the events of the previous two games, featuring a new cast of characters and a new story (involving a new protagonist, swordsman Seishiro Kuki). It also features a unique single-round lifebar system (where draining one's vitality fully restores only a portion of it for the next "round").

It was later digitally re-released for the PlayStation Network (including PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable) in Japan on April 25, 2007.

https://www.giantbomb.com/samurai-shodown-warriors-rage/3030-22159/

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty nice!

Looks better than KOF14, the style reminds me of SF4.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get the hate for the backgrounds, they look very "samsho"

Also I wonder how they are going to call this game here

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if there is anything hidden in this trailer.

KOFXIV's roster count was hidden in its reveal trailer.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Eow a ton of announcements lately from older franchises. Makes me wish that Darkstalkers 4 had been real.

New Metal Slug maybe? Capcom vs SNK 3?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Looks like the entirety of the Sam sho 1 roster excluding Gen-An + 1 Sam Sho 2 character. This feels like a straight up reboot so far. I got no problem with that.
Timeline-wise, the year placement of 1787 takes place right after SS0/5, and before the original game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they at least made sure Rimururu, Kazuki and Sougetsu were here.