Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today is the last day for the first week commendations, correct?

Also, are vendor prices still reduced because of the skeleton threat?

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
so did athena alliances with the whole server working together not turn out to be effective? i noticed on like day 2-3 of the cursed sails lfg was littered with people who had huge alliances all doing athenas and wanting to fill up empty crew slots while over the weekend it was back to people just making posts for regular speedruns

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
so did athena alliances with the whole server working together not turn out to be effective? i noticed on like day 2-3 of the cursed sails lfg was littered with people who had huge alliances all doing athenas and wanting to fill up empty crew slots while over the weekend it was back to people just making posts for regular speedruns

I think it works if it happens but it's not something you can chase after because who knows who's in your server.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely great update. Can't wait to get confirmation of what the new crews are and what times each region is active in.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping to jump back into this when I found a few hours I could set aside to try the latest story expansion.

I did hop on a server yesterday just to see what its all about and Im curious, is there no story quest type thing like The hungering deep had? As far as I can tell there was just some scared vendors at the outpost with a time and place where the skeleton ships might surface...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping to jump back into this when I found a few hours I could set aside to try the latest story expansion.

I did hop on a server yesterday just to see what its all about and Im curious, is there no story quest type thing like The hungering deep had? As far as I can tell there was just some scared vendors at the outpost with a time and place where the skeleton ships might surface...

Yeah there's a story part to it like the Hungering Deep! Cosmetics attached to finishing it too. Go to Golden Sands and speak to the shipwright there. That'll start you off!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
New times for skeleton battles btw

BST (UK time)

The Wilds

05:00hrs - 09:00hrs
17:00hrs - 21:00hrs

Shores of Plenty

09:00hrs - 13:00hrs
21:00hrs - 01:00hrs

Ancient Isles

13:00hrs - 17:00hrs
01:00hrs - 05:00hrs

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Can this be done with two people or will I need to recruit some more?

Can be done solo or with many! No forced co-op sections like in Hungering Deep. It's basically the story/find the clues stuff from the Hungering Deep (but a little longer) and then the actual battles are a separate part of the update that you can do outside of the story stuff. The battles really require more people (multiple crews really) but mainly because they're so tough. They don't *require* more crews to summon them or anything. You could ride into a skeleton ship battle alone on a sloop if you wanted. You wouldn't last long though!

Basically there are two parts to the update...

- story part (follow the clues, solve the mystery)
- skeleton ship battles (one in each region)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The Fool's Stride Cannonball (Shores of Plenty) simulates the feeling of walking with a broken leg, like when your pirate falls from a large height. This will impede the ability to bail water quickly.

The Treacherous Bounty Cannonball (Ancient Isles) locks a crew out of accessing the supply barrels on their ship. It will be necessary to plan for this, and refill personal stock in between volleys of enemy cannon fire.

The Enslaving Chain Cannonball (The Wilds) drops a ship's anchor. This will require crews to remain coordinated and quickly rally together to raise the anchor, especially on the Galleon, which will limit a crew's ability to dedicate members to boarding the enemy ships.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
The Fool's Stride Cannonball (Shores of Plenty) simulates the feeling of walking with a broken leg, like when your pirate falls from a large height. This will impede the ability to bail water quickly.

The Treacherous Bounty Cannonball (Ancient Isles) locks a crew out of accessing the supply barrels on their ship. It will be necessary to plan for this, and refill personal stock in between volleys of enemy cannon fire.

The Enslaving Chain Cannonball (The Wilds) drops a ship's anchor. This will require crews to remain coordinated and quickly rally together to raise the anchor, especially on the Galleon, which will limit a crew's ability to dedicate members to boarding the enemy ships.

Damn this is going to be tricky... That ship's anchor will be murderous if you get pinned between two ships - they loved setting that up last week where you were just ripped apart from both sides by rising skeleton ships. Oof... going to require a lot of coordination with randoms. CAN'T WAIT! :)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Damn this is going to be tricky... That ship's anchor will be murderous if you get pinned between two ships - they loved setting that up last week where you were just ripped apart from both sides by rising skeleton ships. Oof... going to require a lot of coordination with randoms. CAN'T WAIT! :)

Yeah, I think that's gonna be the worst (hardest!) one this week. In The Wilds again! Such a depressing part of the map!

I think the broken legs will be tricky but at least you can still move...

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

are the dates/times the same? plenty 1-10, isles 11-20, and wilds 21-30?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
are the dates/times the same? plenty 1-10, isles 11-20, and wilds 21-30?
nm, found it

August 8th to 14th
Skeleton Crew Location In-Game Time Real-Life Time Cursed Cannonball
The Fools Stride The Shores of Plenty, North West of Smuggler's Bay 1st to 10th 4AM - 8AM & 4PM - 8PM Breaks crews legs?
The Treacherous Bounty The Ancient Isles, West of Shark Bait Cove 11th to 20th 8AM - 12PM & 8PM - 12AM Players can't interact with resource barrels
The Enslaving Chain The Wilds, East of Marauder's Arch 21st to 30th 12AM - 4AM & 12PM - 4PM Raises or lowers anchor

https://www.shacknews.com/article/106474/skeleton-ship-spawn-times-and-locations-in-sea-of-thieves

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
I've got to try a LFG... trying to solo sloop these battles is a disaster (of course) and the few times I've rallied other ships to my cause, they flee immediately or die soon after. Bunch of scallywags!

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
They sitll havent fixed the fucking bug where you infinitely load screen cause the game refuses to spawn you into a ship during a skele battle.

This is so stupid i wanna join a friend.

Oct 25, 2017
We did the skellington ships, didn't grab any loot as one other sloop nicked it all on the sly and buggered off without anyone knowing. We didn't care that much as we only wanted commendations and doubloons so whatever. But when the pirate legend in the lead sloop got attacked by Meg and launched off his boat, he had to hitch a ride on our galleon. We didn't have any real loot, so we thought fuck it and killed him, sending him into an angry tirade over text chat.

Then we decided to go and attack the brigantine behind us for shits and giggles, meanwhile the first pirate legend had respawned and came back to gunpowder our galleon and drop our anchor.

Now we have a brigantine pissed off at us for killing them for no reason, so we proceeded to gaslight them and blame it all on the pirate legend and claim we killed them all because we thought they were with him and we managed to unite the whole alliance together to go and hunt down the first guy we double crossed.

Turned out the pirate legend had nicked all the captain loot while everybody else did all the work, but was too dumb to leave the alliance when he turned it all in so we all got gold for it anyway and as soon as we caught up to him the entire alliance destroyed him and his mate and nicked what was left and turned it in for ourselves.

This game is fucking great sometimes. Our entire crew was in discord chat pissing ourselves at the way we managed to kill everybody else in our alliance in cold blood and get them to still follow us into battle anyway.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the race to the outpost if you got the majority of the loot is nerve wrecking. I love it. Crews are still hit and miss, but I usually have one great crew from LFG. Today we did Shores of Plenty on our own and the Ancient Isles in an alliance. Had the same and correct sails, didn't get the commendation. :( Did the sails commendation for the Wilds earlier and it worked, even got double doubloons for that one for some reason. The event is good for loads of cash, I think I made 250.000 so far. Even better since the discounts are in place for the three weeks.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Finally hit Pirate Legend tonight \o/

Had the absolute best night playing. Did a Skull fort with two galleons and a brig all allianced (would've never happened before the alliance system!) and two of the three new skeleton battles. Ended up with a four ship alliance all working next to each other. Had such a fun time. Had one sloop turn up that wasn't in the alliance (which was fine) and then one of them proceeded to be super racist so three of us all told him that he was a racist scumbag and shot him to bits. Fuck, I totally love this game. LEGEND.

I feel like if you're playing this game alone or avoiding co-operating with others you're really missing out on all of the fun. I can't imagine riding around on my own trying to finish voyages after playing with fun crews.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone else had problems getting the "Win a Battle whilst in an Alliance with all ships running the sails" commendations? I just finished a battle, we both had the sails and were allied.. but it didn't give it to me.

The only thing I can think of is that the other ship didn't join until the third wafve.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone else had problems getting the "Win a Battle whilst in an Alliance with all ships running the sails" commendations? I just finished a battle, we both had the sails and were allied.. but it didn't give it to me.
that happened to us too but we assumed it was because only one ship was in the fight, we had some last wave sinking happening

edit - i will say it worked earlier in the shores of plenty

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ghost I need to run with you. I got some kid that blew our ship up by accident and we lost everything because it sank before we could get back to you. Still no commendations or skull fort. I am at a measly 60k with a 20 20 16 levels

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
I'm starting to think we've found some bug because no matter when my crew logs in it seems we're the only ship on that server. Not only we can't find anyone near the skelly ship spawn point, but the whole map seems to be empty - I know this because the game usualy drops us to the outpost farthest to the fight so we have to sail across the whole map. (Sidenote: I'd pay for an outpost quick travel system...) And of course with one sloop or brig these fights are impossible... :(

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ghost I need to run with you. I got some kid that blew our ship up by accident and we lost everything because it sank before we could get back to you. Still no commendations or skull fort. I am at a measly 60k with a 20 20 16 levels

Let's do it man! Are we already friends? I can't remember!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got any good pictures/videos of the new Legend ghost ship hull/sails? Wanna see what they look like on the inside as well as the outer paint job. They're super expensive so trying to decide whether I wanna spend all (literally all) of my gold on them.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got any good pictures/videos of the new Legend ghost ship hull/sails? Wanna see what they look like on the inside as well as the outer paint job. They're super expensive so trying to decide whether I wanna spend all (literally all) of my gold on them.
They're very bland. Rare said they're looking at adding a glow to the ship/sails (they are ghost afterall) but until then they're not much to look at

If you run a Brig frequently the sails aren't bad though; the hole in the sail gives you a 40% better view of what's on front of you

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
They're very bland. Rare said they're looking at adding a glow to the ship/sails (they are ghost afterall) but until then they're not much to look at

If you run a Brig frequently the sails aren't bad though; the hole in the sail gives you a 40% better view of what's on front of you

Thanks. I'm level 5 and a half now so maybe I'll just keep saving and buy the sails when I hit level 7. Might skip the hull? Someone told me it was super bright inside it on a sloop. Thought that sounded weird.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Finally hit Pirate Legend tonight \o/

Had the absolute best night playing. Did a Skull fort with two galleons and a brig all allianced (would've never happened before the alliance system!) and two of the three new skeleton battles. Ended up with a four ship alliance all working next to each other. Had such a fun time. Had one sloop turn up that wasn't in the alliance (which was fine) and then one of them proceeded to be super racist so three of us all told him that he was a racist scumbag and shot him to bits. Fuck, I totally love this game. LEGEND.

I feel like if you're playing this game alone or avoiding co-operating with others you're really missing out on all of the fun. I can't imagine riding around on my own trying to finish voyages after playing with fun crews.

Congratulations! I'm still a long way off.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations! I'm still a long way off.

Thank you! The actual moment wasn't quite as dramatic as I was hoping. I ticked over to my final level 50 when someone else in our alliance on another ship sold a villainous skull. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gonna rock those purple clothes for about a week until I inevitably move back to regular clothes like every Legend seems to.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
The Ancient Isles skeleton battle isn't too bad this week - not being able to use barrels doesn't seem to be too bad a hindrance if you keep topping off.

Good battles last night, got one fight done to get commendation, went back with a second crew that nearly did it, but we had some bad luck with a storm that delayed us past the 4 hour battle window.

I'm getting a little concerned about getting the Wilds next week due to some out of state vacation and business travel - I'm plotting out on a damn calendar when I think I can attempt it one night... this game is wrapped around my brain in a weird way.

BrokenBox

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have that dev tweet with the pics of Cursed Sails over the years? Having a hard time finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.