• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
lol The top reply

MgtuAZQ.gif

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Guess this confirms our fears: It's sonic only, no all stars.

Bummer, but if the gameplay quality is as good as transformed, i'll still buy it.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is what I meant by my posts a while back. If anyone remembers.
I was talking about that a more long time ago then you, so...

Its a shame they remove the SEGA chars, but still a nice seeing a Sonic race game.
The funny fact is the car teaser its actually the Sonic car from the first all star racing game.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Interesting logo.

The classic 'Sonic wings' certainly point towards a Sonic only game (which would be a shame as the Sonic franchise has a pretty shitty roster outside of the main characters). The shield might point to something else ...does it match another franchise/car manufacturer/sporting event that anyone can think of?

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I think that the only place that boost, or whatever they call the atrocious modern Sonic gameplay can actually work is in an on-foot racing game.

But you've got to keep the dream alive. Living in the City.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Metropolis Sonic Racer?

The cars shown looked...not like the karts from previous entries.

Is this still Sumo or someone else?

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh, I can't wait for the soundtrack. You're my diamond in the sky Sonic!

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
If it ends up being what I want it to be (a generic well done Kart racer) then I hope I can preorder digitally the moment it's revealed. I just hope they don't do something radical.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Sonic has had a weird history with Racing games. Sonic Drift, Sonic R, Sonic Riders, Sonic & All-Stars Racing. All-Stars racing seemed to have worked the best for them, why not move forward with that series?

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
DYcYwqmVAAAeIWt

Someone did a quick edit. Looks like it will indeed simply be called "Sonic Racing". Can a mod change the thread title?

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well lets count all the sonic characters:

Sonic
Charmy
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
Rouge
Robotnik/Eggman
Vector
Cream Cheese the Bagel Spread
Shadow
Espio
Ray
Armadillo
Froggy
E-102
Chaos
Tikal
Chao
Maria
Metal Sonic
Mecha Sonic
Super Sonic
Classic Sonic

Thats more than enough

Kolma

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Florida

Sonic
Charmy
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
Rouge
Robotnik/Eggman
Vector
Shadow
Espio
Ray
Armadillo
Froggy
E-102
Chaos
Tikal
Chao
Maria
Metal Sonic
Mecha Sonic
Super Sonic
Classic Sonic

Thats more than enough
What about Jet, Wave and Swallow (which are from a previous Sonic Racing game)

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
All this Sonic R talk, including like three songs posted, and no one mentions the best song? C'mon!

But on-topic, while I think an on-foot racer would appeal to me more, I can live with cars as long as it's still arcade-y in a good way.
Sonic has had a weird history with Racing games. Sonic Drift, Sonic R, Sonic Riders, Sonic & All-Stars Racing. All-Stars racing seemed to have worked the best for them, why not move forward with that series?
There was Sonic Rivals and its sequel, too -- though I would understand if those unfortunate souls who bought those games wanted to forget.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Woo! This is exciting because All-Star Racing Transformered was a blast!

But a serious question? Are we going to see Mephiles The Dark in a car? Because that would make this a Day One purchase.

Nishastra

Oct 27, 2017

Sonic
Charmy
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
Rouge
Robotnik/Eggman
Vector
Shadow
Espio
Ray
Armadillo
Froggy
E-102
Chaos
Tikal
Chao
Maria
Metal Sonic
Mecha Sonic
Super Sonic
Classic Sonic

Thats more than enough
Gerald Robotnik or bust.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
All this Sonic R talk, including like three songs posted, and no one mentions the best song? C'mon!

But on-topic, while I think an on-foot racer would appeal to me more, I can live with cars as long as it's still arcade-y in a good way.

There was Sonic Rivals and its sequel, too -- though I would understand if those unfortunate souls who bought those games wanted to forget.

Lmao, I definetely did forget Rivals.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018

Sonic
Charmy
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
Rouge
Robotnik/Eggman
Vector
Shadow
Espio
Ray
Armadillo
Froggy
E-102
Chaos
Tikal
Chao
Maria
Metal Sonic
Mecha Sonic
Super Sonic
Classic Sonic

Thats more than enough

Cream?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe we'll still get some Sonic adjacent guests like Ristar, Billy Hatcher or Nights?

Whatever, I'm still hyped. In Sumo we trust.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully the aesthetic isn't all kinds of wack like the previous games where Beat is some ugly half-realistic hybrid meant to congeal with the rest of the games aesthetic.

Also, foot-running mode or something would be sick. Super Sonic vs NiGHTS DBZ flight battle.