• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why wouldn't you want the best DMC game ported? :O
10874.jpg

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Power Stone is such a no-brainer that of course Capcom wouldn't even consider it.

And, unrelated, but how the fuck is Super Monkey Ball not on Switch yet

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Power Stone is such a no-brainer that of course Capcom wouldn't even consider it.

And, unrelated, but how the fuck is Super Monkey Ball not on Switch yet
Does Super Monkey Ball really exist anymore? I can't say I remember a single notable release from the series since it went to die on Wii.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They should put Monster Hunter on Swi...

Ah, who am I kidding? No one wants that.
15M people disagree with you hommie

Okami HD and DD would be a great ports but it wouldn't look as great as it does on PS4
And ps4 would not look as good as PC and on related news, water wets, most people (if not all) are aware that it will not be visual parity, but luckily the medium is video games so gameplay is more important than looks

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Disney Afternoon Collection!! It's criminally stupid that it's not there already.

I wonder if (can't believe it's even an if instead of just a when) Resident Evil comes over, will they do collections? Digital only? Obviously they'll get the most profits if they release 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 on their own for $20-30 each, but I also wonder if people would get wise to being nickel and dime'd that way. Maybe they'll release them individually digitally like Revelations 1 & 2, and then a more expensive physical collection? Resident Evil Legacy Collection with RE 0-3, then RE Action Collection with 4-6?

Honestly they could probably do a $40 physical rerelease of RE4 alone and it'd still sell like crazy. I'm shit at scary games and even though I never finished it back on GameCube it is by far my favorite scary game ever.

Origins Collection (REmake + 0) would be doable on Switch if Capcom is willing to go with a 32GB card. Revival Selection (RE4 HD + CVX HD) could also work. RE5+RE6 would round things out quite nicely.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
I can't think of a single Capcom port I'm interested in, not even MHW (I'd welcome a G release though).

How about stop porting games and release some original content?

Oct 25, 2017
Going to say the same thing I do in every Capcom thread: Viewtiful Joe or bust.

We also finally need a port of Okami (this time in HD) with combination button + pointer + touch screen support, the way the game should always have been. The Wii port, glorious as it was, noticeably suffered from a shortage of buttons consigning the main attack to the waggle and rendering half the main weapons clumsy to use.

Crossing my fingers for USF4 as well. SSF4 3D was nice to have but limited for the obvious reasons, and the inputs on the 3DS hardware were not very satisfactory for something that intense.

Last edited:

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Origins Collection (REmake + 0) would be doable on Switch if Capcom is willing to go with a 32GB card. Revival Selection (RE4 HD + CVX HD) could also work. RE5+RE6 would round things out quite nicely.
I hadn't even considered the cart size limitation, son of a bee sting they'll never release proper collections will they? RE4 on an 8GB cart with the second half of the game download only confirmed ):<

Sorry for being over dramatic I just have zero faith in Capcom at this point :\

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
for those who owns multiple consoles, why would you want to play MHXX when you have World already though?

MHW improves the general system and QoL to a degree that it is hard to go back to MHXX.

though... content and monster wise MHXX is far superior, but I am sure Capcom would bring those back in the future installment.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not believing this until I see Tatsunoko vs Capcom on my Switch.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I bet switch will get more old game ports... Now for new games... When a company is not even capable of launching a PC version day and date with the console versions of their biggest game, you have to wonder just how badly managed Capcom is. AA was a no brainier, yet no signs of AA more than a vague statement...

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Yep concerning the switch I wouldn't put much faith in capcom. They said they wanted to put switch in their multiplatform strategy, they said wanted to put AAA games on it, so far they haven't shown anything beside MM collection, sf collection and MM 11. Ports and low budgets games. Ho and a vague mention of AA.

Their new strategy is putting all strength into PS4 xbox one pc and seeing how well mhw did it probably validates it.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
for those who owns multiple consoles, why would you want to play MHXX when you have World already though?

MHW improves the general system and QoL to a degree that it is hard to go back to MHXX.

though... content and monster wise MHXX is far superior, but I am sure Capcom would bring those back in the future installment.
I can play on the bus. thats why

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
As much as I want new stuff, we all established multiple times that some third parties missed out and they'll need time to pump out new software. We're getting a new Ace Attorney and Mega Man 11 as far as new games go.

But to fill the void (just like they did with PS4 and Xbox One) we'll get some ports/re-releases first. The Street Fighter and Mega Man collections are already coming. With the Revelations games performing well enough on Switch, I really hope Capcom already has REmake and 4 in development. I assume those games don't cost a lot money or time to bring over. I do want to see a physical copy of those this time around Capcom.

billysea

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Okami HD will definitely sell and even sell more on the Switch than other consoles. It just the type of games made for Nintendo fan base.

Other obvious choice is RE 5&6, Phoenix Wright collection, Dead Rising.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
I can see them only dumping more roms to the console with a few low budget games and that's it

Oct 28, 2017
Bronx, NY
Power Stone 1 + 2
Darkstalkers Collection
Rival Schools + Project Justice
Strider Collection (1, 2, NES Strider, Strider 2014)
Ghosts 'n Goblins Collection (Which includes the PSP Game, the Gargoyle's Quest games, and both Maximo games, in addition to the original trilogy)
Viewtiful Joe 1 + 2
Capcom Beat em Up Collection (Final Fight, Final Fight 2, Final Fight 3, Magic Sword, Knights of the Round, The King of Dragons, Captain Commando, Battle Circuit)

And of course, Marvel vs. Capcom Collection. The Switch gets UMvC3 as an exclusive bonus game, since it's already on the other platforms.

I know not all of these will happen, but given Capcom is taking Switch a lot more seriously now, might as well go all in. Ports, original games, or anything in between.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine playing them with that dpad.
I had the same thought, but they'll be playable if they offer the new analog controls in REmake HD/Zero HD, I think implementing those into RE1-CVX is doable since I remember reading that the N64 version had them.

Still, though, if Nintendo ever plans on doing a "New" or "Pro" Switch or whatever, the thing better have proper d-pads.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I can't quite see why they didn't bring DMC remastered to Switch. I mean if it was a from the ground up remake involving a brand new engine with incredibly advanced graphic effects then fine, but it doesn't look like it is - it looks like it's basically just an unpressed port of a PS2 game. No way Switch couldn't handle it so it just seems odd that they've made it Xbox / PlayStation.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't quite see why they didn't bring DMC remastered to Switch. I mean if it was a from the ground up remake involving a brand new engine with incredibly advanced graphic effects then fine, but it doesn't look like it is - it looks like it's basically just an unpressed port of a PS2 game. No way Switch couldn't handle it so it just seems odd that they've made it Xbox / PlayStation.
Well either they didn't see an audience for those types of games (lol), or they just didn't want to bother spending resources on the Switch.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Well either they didn't see an audience for those types of games (lol), or they just didn't want to bother spending resources on the Switch.

Quite. Perhaps they'll wake up next year if Switch meets Nintendo's forecasts for sales - 30 - 35 million consoles sold would be an exceedingly difficult market to ignore.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Man, I would love it if capcom just unloaded their back catalogue.

All Resident Evils, Dino Crisis games, Onimushas. Capcom vs SNK 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper/Saikyo Dojo. A Mega Man Zero collection. Power Stone. Punisher. Haunting Ground. Cannon Spike. Just, really everything.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
I know there isn't much hype left for the title, but I still want a MvCI port.

An HD Tatsunoko Vs Capcom would also be cool at some point. Probably a better idea to release it after more of the franchises get ports to the platform.

Turrican3

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Capcom should port Okami HD and RE4 with pointer controls as soon as possible.

They should definitely find a way to put Monster Hunter on that damn thing if they care for their internal market.

(I'm *not* port begging the latter, tried MH franchise multiple times and unfortunately it's not my cup of tea)

Oct 25, 2017
Port your non-2D fighter Dreamcast games, Capcom.

Specifically Cannon Spike, which is locked to the Dreamcast for some insane reason.

RootPith

Dec 21, 2017
I would insta buy DMC Collection/ Okami/ Dragons Dogma/ Okami/ Resi 0-REmake-4-5-6/Viewtiful Joe HD Collection.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Does Super Monkey Ball really exist anymore? I can't say I remember a single notable release from the series since it went to die on Wii.

For the Playstation Vita 'Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz', Sega hired to the development team of the original arcade version, who was at the time working in Marvelous AQL.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
For the Playstation Vita 'Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz', Sega hired to the development team of the original arcade version, who was at the time working in Marvelous AQL.

The game was made by MarvelousAQL which has nothing to with any Sega staff whatsoever. However it was concious decision by SEGA to do a Monkey Ball in the vein of 1&2, because overseas fans liked it more than the casual/easy entries on 3DS and Wii. However then they chose the wrong platform altogether with the Vita.