Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop thinking about how dumb their wording is. "Maybe we'll give you a Steam key in a year but maybe not lol" Like, if you're not even promising the Steam key, give me one single reason to not get the refund and then buy it on Steam by myself in a year.

I already requested the refund, I just find it funny

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I can't stop thinking about how dumb their wording is. "Maybe we'll give you a Steam key in a year but maybe not lol" Like, if you're not even promising the Steam key, give me one single reason to not get the refund and then buy it on Steam by myself in a year.

I already requested the refund, I just find it funny
If they would offer a Steam key, I'd leave my pledge here, even waiting a whole year. Instead they are pushing people to refund because probably it's up to Epic on refunding.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If they would offer a Steam key, I'd leave my pledge here, even waiting a whole year. Instead they are pushing people to refund because probably it's up to Epic on refunding.

I am wondering about their intentions as well. Ysnet is still communicating so badly. All this vagueness and lack of communication contributed so massively to the shitstorm they got before. And now this statement is again vague in some important parts and in regards to their "negotiations" with steam probably dishonest to the point of misinformation. They should hire professionals.

mntorankusu

Nov 13, 2017
Honestly, the Steam key "maybe" is the thing that pushed me over the edge on the refund. I don't really hold it against them that they took the check from Epic, it's all the bullshit that they keep spewing in their updates that is putting me off.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Honestly, the Steam key "maybe" is the thing that pushed me over the edge on the refund. I don't really hold it against them that they took the check from Epic, it's all the bullshit that they keep spewing in their updates that is putting me off.
Exactly. I had no intention to ask for a refund, I was ready to wait a whole year to play Shenmue on PC. But I don't support Epic practices and being basically forced to use the Epic Store to play Shenmue 3 without the possibility to get a Steam key one year later...just no. I'll purchase the game on Steam IF and when it will release on Steam.

ghBTuDW.jpg

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is such a disappointing end to a great project. I was happy to pay for a signed copy but the exclusive nonsense + no pre-order bonuses or DLC for Kickstarter backers + no guaranteed Steam key is a joke.

I'm glad that my refund is coming from Epic instead of Ys.net but I would have done it either way.

Looking forward to picking up the Steam version a year later.

edit: God, that refund policy agreement after changing my survey is so slimy.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Exactly. I had no intention to ask for a refund, I was ready to wait a whole year to play Shenmue on PC. But I don't support Epic practices and being basically forced to use the Epic Store to play Shenmue 3 without the possibility to get a Steam key one year later...just no. I'll purchase the game on Steam IF and when it will release on Steam.

ghBTuDW.jpg
Really hurts seeing this

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like refunds might round down to pledge tiers as it only let me request $29 when I paid a bit more.

Good riddance to this shitshow.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
I just got my refund survey this morning. Couldn't refund this crap fast enough. What a terrible way to treat your core audience, you know the folks who made this thing happen in the first place.

indask8

Oct 28, 2017
I ended up canceling my refund request, amazon might mess up my preorder, and I haven't waited all these years to just chicken out at the very end.

FYI, once you complete your refund request you wont be able to do any changes unless you email fangamer.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Yu Suzuki has indeed been dragged into this mess by deep silver. Deep silver basically took reign over the project in exchange for funding and tried to get everything out of it whilst destroying its image. I dont think deep silver cares one bit about the game and how many people will actually play by now. Even if it was one person who was playing the game, epic already payed them so they're good

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone copy and paste it? I didn't bother reading it because I filled the survey on my phone half asleep in bed right after waking up lol
Wish I copied it before agreeing. It was basically WE NO LONGER CONSIDER YOU A BACKER, WE WILL REMOVE ALL IN-GAME CONTENT YOU MAY HAVE CONTRIBUTED, AND YOU RECIND THE RIGHT TO JOIN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST US. IN ADDITION, GTFO.

It was stated a little nicer than that but not much.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I copied it before agreeing. It was basically WE NO LONGER CONSIDER YOU A BACKER, WE WILL REMOVE ALL IN-GAME CONTENT YOU MAY HAVE CONTRIBUTED, AND YOU RECIND THE RIGHT TO JOIN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST US. IN ADDITION, GTFO.

It was stated a little nicer than that but not much.

Take my name/etc out of that shit. I don't want to be associated with this abomination of a project at this point.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the people that donated like hundreds of dollars -- are they getting a refund for the full amount? Or just the cost of the game ($30-60)?

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
So the people that donated like hundreds of dollars -- are they getting a refund for the full amount? Or just the cost of the game ($30-60)?
Someone said you get back what the tier you selected was. If you donated extra, you won't get the extra.

Looks like refunds might round down to pledge tiers as it only let me request $29 when I paid a bit more.

Good riddance to this shitshow.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Finally refunded.

Really really scummy. I backed the 100$ physical PC copy+name in credits.
Apparently if you backed the physical PC copy you couldnt even choose a Steam key even if they have it.

So they either changed to offer it at all for PC copies (physical) or they wouldnt even give you the choice to choose EGS+Steam keyif you backed physical...

Edit: You could choose it, but it feels like it is in the fine print, hoping backers wont notice it that well.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Finally refunded.

Really really scummy. I backed the 100$ physical PC copy+name in credits.
Apparently if you backed the physical PC copy you couldnt even choose a Steam key even if they have it.

So they either changed to offer it at all for PC copies (physical) or they wouldnt even give you the choice to choose EGS+Steam keyif you backed physical...

Edit: You could choose it, but it feels like it is in the fine print, hoping backers wont notice it that well.
Where does it say that physical pc backers won't be offered a steam key?

That's a pretty big issue if true.

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Got some of my refund, but I didn't get the full amount ($29 instead of $100). I did pay for a upgrade when I first got my survey, so I wonder if that had something to do with it. If that's all I get back, I'll be pissed.

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Refunds coming through already?
They sent me $30 via paypal like an hour ago. It's not the full amount tho. :/

Edit: I emailed them and they said they are looking into my refund request to confirm that amount. I believe before I clicked submit it said $100, but I can't get back to that screen now.

I have zero idea where $72.85 came from. They are going to fuck this up even worse.
I believe it's them trying to offset the fees. $99 - 30 = $69 so I guess that's why.

Last edited:

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I had ordered a PS4 physical and Steam add-on for a total of ~$99. The Steam add-on was ~$30.

They just refunded me ~$69. So.. what are they planning on fulfilling my order with then? The refund processed at the full $99 when I did the transaction.

Details
Sent by YS NET AMERICA
$72.85
Fee - $3.51
Total
$69.34

I have zero idea where $72.85 came from. They are going to fuck this up even worse.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm even more confused.

I know for 100% that I'm only out $99US so if the refund is less than that then I'll know it's fishy as hell.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
So... I got a refund of 30.37 but PayPal took 1.68 in fees.

Like, I don't care I guess but at the same time I do because of how this was handled.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Like I'm not going to refund as I put $150 into this for the artbook and other things.

But Deep Silver are dragging this game's name through the mud so much it's annoying.

We should be happy we are getting a new Shenmue after 28 years but instead we have to keep worrying about the mess they've made.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
They don't cover the fee?
They covered it for me, Paypal said I got $103ish USD but when I checked it was an even $99USD. Which equates to $141AUD, which is a pleasant surprise.

This is the first thing this Kickstarter has delivered that I've been happy with. Now I can erase it from my memory and maybe but Judgment with that coin.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing on my Paypal account concerning the refund.
Are they covering the processing fees or not?

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who pledged exactly 60$ for the physical PC version got their refund? How much did they refund?

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone interested, I wrote to the official site today about the language options and this is what they told me:

"PS4 language support for Americas, Europe and Japan are as follows:
Voicing: Japanese and English
Subtitles and menus: Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish & Portuguese (Brazil)"

So good news, it's the same SKU across most region, with most voice and subtitles options!

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm even more confused.

I know for 100% that I'm only out $99US so if the refund is less than that then I'll know it's fishy as hell.
Had both of my refunds come through. Glad this whole ordeal is finally over.
So... I got a refund of 30.37 but PayPal took 1.68 in fees.

Like, I don't care I guess but at the same time I do because of how this was handled.
Not sure. I think they tried to offset it in advance, but it doesn't work with everyone :/

SdYWPeq.png
Just submitted my refund.
All the people who already got their refund: When did you make the refund request? I'm thinking the sooner you requested it the sooner you get the refund maybe.
My request was made on sept 20 at 10:51 AM GMT (London time)