Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed that there is no way to check what PayPal account that is submitted to fangamers refund survey or did I missed it?
Please help.

Refund request made on 20th September, 11.47AM UTC and there's no transaction yet in my account.

Edit: Added space.

Last edited:
OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that there is no way to check what PayPal account that is submitted to fangamers refund survey or did I missed it?
Please help.
Refund request made on 20th September, 11.47AM UTC and there's no transaction yet in my account.
Bruh, it's on the email and in the OP

It may take 20 business days to 3 months from the time the refund request is made until the refund transaction is completed.

As for which, the one you signed in with.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Something I searched and didn't find, I don't remember ever being asked about shipping prices...

audio_delay

Oct 27, 2017
Something I searched and didn't find, I don't remember ever being asked about shipping prices...
I had a look. Kickstarter collected our pledges, on behalf of Ys Net, on the 18/JUL/2015, from our credit/debit cards. Unless someone upgraded for additional stuff on fangamer, no shipping fees were charged.

All the people who already got their refund: When did you make the refund request? I'm thinking the sooner you requested it the sooner you get the refund maybe.
My request was made on sept 20 at 10:51 AM GMT (London time)
I got the confirmation email for the refund on the 20/SEP/2019 at around 06:48 (AM) BST

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
I had a look. Kickstarter collected our pledges, on behalf of Ys Net, on the 18/JUL/2015, from our credit/debit cards. Unless someone upgraded for additional stuff on fangamer, no shipping fees were charged.

I got the confirmation email for the refund on the 20/SEP/2019 at around 06:48 (AM) BST
Ah nice then.

Thanks for the info!

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Did you receive a mail like usual when you receive money in your Paypal account for this refund?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all have gotten your refunds?! I got nothing yet, but I didn't submit until 12:52 PM GMT.

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I believe most of us posted to share how fast the refund is and overall experience so far. No need to repeat the same line of text.

how to check what PayPal account I shared with fangamers?
Yeah I know- I was expecting them to start them at least after the signup period was over. I'm shocked people got them in less than a week.
Oh man, my bad. I didn't catch that some had already received the refund

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently the only way to check what PayPal account you shared in fangamers refund request survey is by asking Ys Net through Kickstarter. fangamers are avoiding emails so they are not worth waiting for a response.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Got my PC trial version before my refund.
Surprised some of you have gotten them so quickly.

Apparently the only way to check what PayPal account you shared in fangamers refund request survey is by asking Ys Net through Kickstarter. fangamers are avoiding emails so they are not worth waiting for a response.
You have multiple Paypal accounts?

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone familiar with PayPal knows if the country the bank you link to PayPal will affect how long you get a refund?

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
3 more days to fill the refund request survey before you, PC backers are screwed out of refund.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still truly don't get the connection between "the EGS exclusivity and refund/Steam key thing sucks" and "Yu Suzuki/YsNet is personally responsible and sold out the fans"

Did YsNet/Yu accept a deal with Deep Silver? Yes, to bolster the funds to make a better game for the fans. Everything Deep Silver did from there they did with almost certainly little-to-no input from YsNet, who have been sleeping in their offices (at least Yu had) to work more on the game.

Basically, it was option 1 or 2:

1. Kickstarter funds only - a smaller game, less refined (can't afford to delay game and stretch money for that extra time), without any stretch goals that weren't reached during the original campaign. Game gets released on Steam and PS4 at launch

2. Deal with the "devil" - DeepSilver and Epic get involved - additional stretch goals are reached, bigger (and presumably better) game as a result. Marketing goes from non-existent to decent, more people are aware of the game. Epic dollars, based on prior estimates, help to make it a much bigger chance that fans will get Shenmue IV (and no, they will not be going back to Kickstarter, I'm sure of that). Game gets released on EGS at launch, PS4 backers are not affected and get a better game.

As a fan, I'm glad that those of you that wanted a refund are getting one, I really am, but to act like YsNet and Yu are doing this solely out of greed and to attack them personally is utterly ridiculous.
It's not ridiculous, it's the fact because you and others wanna pretend that it's not only makes you look ridiculous. They made the decision and yes it does make them look greedy and incredibly sleazy.

wild_one

Oct 27, 2017
So this is what I posted on Kickstarter after I got my less than $80 refund:

So that people know what they did, they treated it as if you were the seller of something and they were the buyer, thus invoking the international seller fee of 4.4% + some additional conversion fee. They added less than that percentage so the total will be less than what you paid.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The official Shenmue 3 account just told me I can't get a refund as I would need to have PC selected at the time of "survey resend". The fact that they just aren't allowing anyone to refund is bullshit. Other Kickstarter projects haven't gone this route... they let anyone get a refund!

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Still no refund here.

Ditto here.
The official Shenmue 3 account just told me I can't get a refund as I would need to have PC selected at the time of "survey resend". The fact that they just aren't allowing anyone to refund is bullshit. Other Kickstarter projects haven't gone this route... they let anyone get a refund!

Got a link for this?
I think I'll be in the same boat cos I switched to PS4 and then back :/

Did you switch to PS4 and then leave it at that option before selecting refund?

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'm curious, for the people who didn't get their refund yet, how did you originally back it? I wondering if it's mostly the people who didn't back over kickstarter (or if you got a partial refund, then upgraded their tier). If that's the case, then I think they might be refunding those a different way.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, for the people who didn't get their refund yet, how did you originally back it? I wondering if it's mostly the people who didn't back over kickstarter (or if you got a partial refund, then upgraded their tier). If that's the case, then I think they might be refunding those a different way.

Nah I Kickstarted and am still waiting :/

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I'm part of the original Kickstarter and my sub KS account (PC backer) didn't even message Ys Net through KS at all until the refund survey started. Note that I did complain to them a lot using my main KS account (PS4).

Received zero as of today. Filled up the survey at 20th.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Ditto here.

Got a link for this?
I think I'll be in the same boat cos I switched to PS4 and then back :/

Did you switch to PS4 and then leave it at that option before selecting refund?
I don't have an option to refund at all. I switched to PS4 a while back and didn't change back when the surveys were "resent".

unknown.png

It is 6am Monday in Arizona (Fangamer HQ) and they are closed weekends so hopefully someone responds to my mail soon now that people are coming in to work.

Last edited:

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It really shouldn't be difficult for them to tell if a platform choice was changed from PC to PS4 after the EGS announcement, and then grant refunds for relevant accounts requesting one.

The reason why some opted to change their platform choice is because Ys Net and friends were exceedingly slow at providing confirmation (roughly three weeks) that they would be offering refunds, and even initially said they wouldn't be. They should've been ready with refunds from the day of the announcement.

Like, clean up your mess.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have an option to refund at all. I switched to PS4 a while back and didn't change back when the surveys were "resent".

unknown.png

It is 6am Monday in Arizona (Fangamer HQ) and they are closed weekends so hopefully someone responds to my mail soon now that people are coming in to work.
Did anyone get any response from
[email protected] when you have issues with the survey refund request? If fangamers is only responding through [email protected], why Ys Net did not bother to inform backers?

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Did anyone get any response from
[email protected] when you have issues with the survey refund request? If fangamers is only responding through [email protected], why Ys Net did not bother to inform backers?
Still waiting to see if Fangamers will respond to my email. Need to at least wait for them to wake up and come in to work. Fangamer isn't responding on shenmue.link, that's just Ys.net.

The thing is, I could have sworn that some people said they contacted Ys.net, and they said they couldn't help but that they should be able to get a refund if they contact Fangamer to get a confirmation of the change.