• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I'm gonna give them a day to clarify whether I will get a "Physical Steam Disc" or not. If not, I'll ask for a refund.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
It doesnt even have Achievements or Cloud Saves, as well as a good refund system, no Community Guides inside an Overlay, no Linux support etc.
Ok, that sounds like a shitty overall QOL drop. The sheer anger and vitriol in this thread tells me there's more to it, though. People can't be this angry over just those features being missing.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I insist. They mentioned Steam multiple times long after the Kickstarter was closed. Anyone who decided to back the game during the Kickstarter period didn't do it on a promise of the game being on Steam.

I'm not so sure of the slacker backer campaign (which lasted longer than the Kickstarter), maybe some people would have the right to get angry if they backed then. But they are very few really.
You are wrong keep defending this shit decision.

Oct 30, 2017
Tim Sweeney on a regular monday be like

tenor.gif

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
If this game bombs, good laughs are coming from me.

If you treat your consumers and supporters like shit you deserve to fail, the game also looks like ass.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like half the PC games coming out are exclusive to the Epic Game Store. People are likely eventually going to have to give in and support EGS in order to keep playing a huge chunk of modern PC games. Sucks but as time goes on more and more games becomes exclusives for EGS.
Nah, will wait for Gamespass for $5-10.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
Wait by "won't be coming to steam" does it mean not coming to steam period or for a year cause otherwise...

OOF

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if all the money Epic gave Deep Silver will be enough to cover all the refunds.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
SMH lol. I guess eventually when theres enough games over there i'll have to install that stupid thing. I'm cool when its an exclusive game because they made it at least, but buying storefront exclusivity sucks lol. Usually you can get keys from other resellers cheaper too and stuff. Oh well. I'm a huge Shenmue fan so I don't know if I can hold off, but maybe if it reviews bad I'll wait I dunno lol.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't promise Steam during the Kickstarter. It was worded as "Windows PC". The backer surveys were sent much later (more than a year, if I recall correctly).

I understand the frustration, but it's not a breach of contract at all. It's more along the lines of a hardware requirements change or something like that.
Steam was mentioned before that too, and I don't really agree at all even if that that was true. Even in that scenario doing it this way is still a shitty fucking way to treat your consumers. You could still back and increase your pledges while that survey was around, so people would have still been misled at some point.

I'm bewildered anyone can defend this shitty practice.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
guess I won't be buying Shenmue 3

I also won't be buying Shenmue 1 and 2 on Steam, because why bother if I'm not getting the new one?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this game bombs, good laughs are coming from me.

If you treat your consumers and supporters like shit you deserve to fail, the game also looks like ass.
I was extremely happy to see the game coming out and i backed it but now they can get fucked. this is shitting on backers.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine that they will respect their earlier promises and give Steam codes to backers who chose that as their platform. At least after the reaction they got for this update, if they didn't plan to do it otherwise. Shenmue 3 already has a Steam page and everything, too.

Not a huge deal to me either way, but I'd definitely prefer to have it on Steam just because I'd rather not deal with yet another game launcher.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Tim Sweeney said he wouldn't pull something like this again? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Either way, they told me that Metro Exodus and The Outer Worlds would be exclusive to Epic, and I can play one now and another by the end of the year on PC Game Pass. Much of Shenmue's sales have been done already, but when III continues the trend and underperforms on EGS, I'll be happy to play Shenmue through Game Pass instead after a few months. If I was a backer, I'd just get my refund and wait for Game Pass.

Didn't think I'd see the day when Microsoft was doing more for PC gaming than any other company, but here we are.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Valve needs to start kicking EGS exclusives off of steam.
This seems weird to me at first but honestly it pretty bad that by allowing these games to 'eventually' land on Steam, just tells the devs it's okay to take the large chunk of cash from Epic up front and then look forward to more sales on Steam later.

From a business standpoint I could never see Valve doing this because they're just throwing money away, but I have to believe it would start to slowly make a difference if devs knew that Steam would never be an option if the went exclusive after promoting their games to come to Steam. Again, it seems a bit cloudy on that aspect here, but other games in the past it was clearly black and white.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
You might be a fan but in some countries EGS isn't even available...what are those fans going to do now? Buy a PS4? lol
True enough. I'm also not a fan. I prefer Steam. However, I don't have a problem with EGS. If I had to pick between getting a pc game on EGS or not at all, I'd get it on EGS lol. It's the developer's choice and Epic Games's choice in the end, not ours. We're just consumers and we vote with our wallets.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
LOL, this is getting so predictable now.

This sets an atrocious precedent for future kickstarter/Fig projects when Tim Sweeny comes around with his Fortnite Fuck You money and cancelled promised versions of upcoming games.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
We funded the game, yet it turns out as a exclusive on store platform? What the hell? Was it a decision made by Deep Silver? I expected the game to be available on all storefronts.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
even better: don't fund crowd-funded PC games since Epic can and will subvert the original terms

Status
Not open for further replies.