KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
He feels a lot less animated than the PS2 era actually. He used to have an idle animation where he was like, making infinity symbols in the air chasing his own tail. Kinda disappointing.

That is pretty fun too, I just liked the way he moved his little legs. Weird that those animations didn't seem to carry over to Nocturne?

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
He feels a lot less animated than the PS2 era actually. He used to have an idle animation where he was like, making infinity symbols in the air chasing his own tail. Kinda disappointing.

Is it bad that after seeing that video I wanna replay Devil Summoner 2 again. C'mon Atlus, port that game to new consoles.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Is it bad that after seeing that video I wanna replay Devil Summoner 2 again. C'mon Atlus, port that game to new consoles.
Given the renewed appearance in modern memory from Nocturne's Remaster and the super rad reference they snuck into a scene he has voice acting in (After Second Bossfight, let the diologue play out), I think a Remaster duology is, not confirmed, but very much desired and possible.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Given the renewed appearance in modern memory from Nocturne's Remaster and the super rad reference they snuck into a scene he has voice acting in (After Second Bossfight, let the diologue play out), I think a Remaster duology is, not confirmed, but very much desired and possible.

Do you have footage of this?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

I looked this up and all I hear is "toho kami emi tame" when he's chanting which apparently means something about being granted god's good fortune?

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless the Raidou games get re-released or not everyone should play them because they are amazing. They are quite short too, or at least the first game.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Regardless the Raidou games get re-released or not everyone should play them because they are amazing. They are quite short too, or at least the first game.

Unfortunately I sold my ps2 discs a few years back, and I don't have a ps3 anymore. So other than Atlus making HD remasters for current consoles, I dunno how else people can enjoy them. They are great tho, 2 more than 1 but both worth a play.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
King Abaddon has a better combat system but Soulless Army's story is legitimately insane and enough to keep me going through all the mindless button-mashing.

Like people act like Raidou's just the poor man's Dante for the Nocturne remaster but if you read the plot of Devil Summoner 1 without any knowledge of SMT you'd honestly be forgiven for thinking it was a Kamiya game.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
smt5_21.jpg

Interestingly the other choice here seems to be "We have to kill Lahmu"

This seems to be a Babylonian God. Probably going to be a new design

Nov 1, 2020
Is it just me, or are the symbols they're using for weaknesses/resistances in the English version less intuitive at first glance than say, abbreviations like Wk/Rst/Drn/Rpl/Nul?
And nice to know that unique skills outright say that they're unique in their description.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
some of these screenshots are quite the lookers. you can't just get by on art alone. the tech complements it and vice versa

smt5_p5_hero_01.jpg

smt5_p6_aogami_01.jpg

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Is it just me, or are the symbols they're using for weaknesses/resistances in the English version less intuitive at first glance than say, abbreviations like Wk/Rst/Drn/Rpl/Nul?
And nice to know that unique skills outright say that they're unique in their description.
Yeah, kind of an unnecessary change, especially when JP version looks to still use text for all that. Like Half Shield is Rst, Full Shield is Nul, Exclamation is Wk, Swirl is Drain, and I don't think we've seen what Rpl will be.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Random thought : I wonder if they'll do the "Lucifer disguised as a human" story trope again.

I can totally see Lucifer diguised as one of the MC's classmates who recommends the MC to read Paradise Lost, trying to hint to him what's really happening behind the scenes.

I mean what average japanese high schooler reads Paradise Lost lol?

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Random thought : I wonder if they'll do the "Lucifer disguised as a human" story trope again.

I can totally see Lucifer diguised as one of the MC's classmates who recommends the MC to read Paradise Lost, trying to hint to him what's really happening behind the scenes.

I mean what average japanese high schooler reads Paradise Lost lol?
Not sure if we will get Lucifer in disguise but I am expecting something similar. At least one of the MC's friends seems to know that modern Tokyo is some sort of illusion. I would not be surprised if all our "friends" are actually demons for the different alignments trying to influence us within the illusion or something. If Tokyo really is all fake, I get the vibe that we may be the only actual human alive.

The fact that the big man himself is seen in full demon form floating around in one of the trailers makes me think he'll be more out in the open this time around.

I am not expecting Paradise Lost to be plot relevant beyond the fact that it is an influence on SMT in general.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if we will get Lucifer in disguise but I am expecting something similar. At least one of the MC's friends seems to know that modern Tokyo is some sort of illusion. I would not be surprised if all our "friends" are actually demons for the different alignments trying to influence us within the illusion or something. If Tokyo really is all fake, I get the vibe that we may be the only actual human alive.

The fact that the big man himself is seen in full demon form floating around in one of the trailers makes me think he'll be more out in the open this time around.

I am not expecting Paradise Lost to be plot relevant beyond the fact that it is an influence on SMT in general.

Question is: if real Tokyo is fake then where has the MC been this whole time?

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Question is: if real Tokyo is fake then where has the MC been this whole time?
I have no clue honestly. They haven't shown much but it seems like we just pop out of the underpass in Da'at after it collapses in Tokyo? That doesn't really jive with being in a sleeping pod through the apocalypse or anything. So maybe we were in some sort of pocket dimension?

In Kabbalah, Da'at is at the center of the Tree of Life so maybe there are a bunch of "fake" worlds around a single "real" one and we were in one? I honestly have no idea. I feel like we are missing a lot of important context.

On a related note, the illusion stuff makes me think of the Demiurge/Yaldaboath. That seems thematically right up his alley.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Yea don't expect this title to be similar to Nocturne. There is definitely gonna be some fuckery.

It's probably why they aren't showing much.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This get posted yet?
Do we know what the +[number] on some of the skills are?

The most interesting tidbit to me is that Aogami is apparently going to be tagging along in the same capacity as Dagda.

some of these screenshots are quite the lookers. you can't just get by on art alone. the tech complements it and vice versa

Great shots, the game would be amazing in 4K. Switch Pro support please!

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
This game looks really good. I think a lot of people just see the bleak environments as something bad.

It seems SMT V is another game in the row of Three Houses and Monster Hunter that I am anticipating quite a bit. Will be my first SMT Rodeo.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I had contact with the customer service of some shops and they havent heard anything from Nintendo it seems. So we have to wait.
Yeah the price was changed to £999.99 and then the listing was removed in the last 30 mins or so, must mean they're still fiddling about in the background.
Thanks it's been a weird situation with how their store had it up, thought there was some hope with the listing not even having a price on it, unlike Metroid Dread's SE

Hoping I'll manage to get especially when I'm at work currently lol

SheepheadCG

Feb 27, 2018
I've been watching the Nintendo UK Page for a few days now and saw it update this morning to 999 pounds, and then it was removed about 10 minutes later.

I then spoke to a CS agent via their site, and he told me he couldn't tell me anything about the stock. After asking some more questions, he said that all he can say, is that they had some stock last week, and it was sold. Also said to just keep an eye on it. Really hope I manage to get one to go with the P5 Take Your Heart & P5 Royal Editions!