Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh shut up, the early reports were that "sources" were saying it was an ex-boyfriend she was targeting and police were looking at it like a domestic dispute. That was yesterday, so i said i was surprised given only 3 people were shot, because it certainly fit that story.

Your original post
"Really surprised that this was actually a mass shooting attempt and not some boyfriend thing"

Don't tell me to shut up because you're ignorant enough to believe the first thing the news tells you. My point stands you're stupid and easily manipulated, poor you. Also your original post said nothing of

"BUT THE NEWS SAID" LMAO

Nov 1, 2017
Ok? Assault weapons still do the most damage in a single incident with ease. Good luck trying to get handguns banned. At best you might get some licensing laws or something.

"Assault weapons". Define that one, please. This term "assault weapon" is thrown around by people. Assault is a verb. My fists are assault weapons if I throw punches. "Assault rifle" is a media term as well and, like most media terms, very dumb. An AR-15 is basically no different than a hunting rifle with a bigger magazine, and with many hunting rifles of the same caliber, you can get higher cap mags for those too.

真棒!

Banned
Nov 24, 2017
Maybe I'm just a goober hasn't caught up with the times but I feel live "tweeting" or streaming, or whatever social media while under attack is just really really dumb? Like you're in, for all you know, an actual life or death situation and your main thing is updating your social media. I saw milkteas tweets and I don't know man, Like i'm glad she's safe and no deaths but damn dude If there's someone coming to murder people in my immediate area the last thing I'm going to do is pull out my phone and head to twitter to alert people I don't know about my current situation. I can understand after the fact once you're outside of the area in a safe environment but not during.

It's just weird? As someone who has actually been in a war zone, and with what comes with that, I just can't wrap my head around that little thing.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your original post
"Really surprised that this was actually a mass shooting attempt and not some boyfriend thing"

Don't tell me to shut up because you're ignorant enough to believe the first thing the news tells you. My point stands you're stupid and easily manipulated, poor you. Also your original post said nothing of

"BUT THE NEWS SAID" LMAO
This is completely out of line and like i said, was explaining what everyone here that was following as it happened was reading. I explained myself that i was referencing the reporting of an ex-boyfriend and that's it. Real simple. You are now taking this farther and attacking me. Reported.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
So after seeing what she looks like and watching a video...this woman had crazy written all over her. I hate saying that when only seeing a person once, but wow.
Though i'm glad she was such a poor shot. Hopefully those that were hit make it through and have a speedy recovery.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She probably was not really good shot or really trained much. Sadly there is no requirement for someone to actually know how to use a gun to buy one, you have to figure it out all on your own, and so many people at the range really have no clue how to properly handle their guns. A friend got a desert eagle, can barely handle it, constantly misses the target.

In this case it's actually quite good that she didn't know how to use it well and was not a good shot. I do understand your point, however, as if people were trained there would be fewer accidental shootings.

MG3

Oct 25, 2017
USA
"Assault weapons". Define that one, please. This term "assault weapon" is thrown around by people. Assault is a verb. My fists are assault weapons if I throw punches. "Assault rifle" is a media term as well and, like most media terms, very dumb. An AR-15 is basically no different than a hunting rifle with a bigger magazine, and with many hunting rifles of the same caliber, you can get higher cap mags for those too.

Here's a definition from an Army Intel handbook.
fstcp67.jpg

Zipzo

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
This narrative that everyone else aside from the actual shooter 'could have' always done more in an effort to prevent them from snapping is bothering me increasingly more as time goes on.

Many people seem to not understand that short of completely stripping someone of their inalienable rights that America offers to every citizen, there really isn't much you can do to short of us designing a full on working 'Minority Report'-esque system, and as the movie shows, even that wouldn't be perfect

You can tip off law enforcement all you want, but at the end of the day, how do you account for the following circumstances:

- False reports, especially organized ones on a mass scale

- You show up to 'check' on a reported individual, and said individual shows no notable signs of being an immediate danger to society, and doesn't display a nature that would make them appear dangerous.

That is why addressing guns is the only REAL answer, because these instances are about freedoms and how that freedom is abused. Unfortunately, with the complete freedom we have in regards to guns, these things will continue to happen.

Yes it means the many will have to suffer due to the few. TOO BAD. Suck it up. That's just how things are.

Recently my apartment complex removed all the garbage disposals. Why? They had too many 'incidents'.

It seems pretty stupid that we ALL have to suffer not having a garbage disposal because some folks are clearly and absolutely stupid as hell, but I UNDERSTAND why it was done. It makes SENSE to me. So I'm not complaining about heightened overall safety.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
ArsTechnica: Tragic YouTube shooting casts new light on creators' "adpocalypse" complaints

[Update, 6:24pm ET: Shortly after this article's publication, YouTube analytics firm ChannelMeterreached out to Ars Technica with YouTube viewership data estimates. According to ChannelMeter's unofficial estimates, Aghdam had racked up nearly 9 million video views across three channels since roughly 2013. (ChannelMeter said it was unable to track data on a fourth channel she apparently controlled.) The data calculations included accurate references to Aghdam videos that now only exist via Google cache searches.

Most of her top-performing videos were uploaded with titles in Farsi script, and an immediate scan of the titles revealed that all three of her top-performing videos included the word "سکسی," a Farsi transliteration of the word "sexy," in the context of workout and exercise videos. ("Make your butt sexy and bigger with exercises" was one example.) Another video, described as a "dance video," has a title that directly translates to "Nasim Sabz balloon breasts." Nasim Sabz was Aghdam's nickname for that account.

These titles do not clarify the exact content found in her videos, but they do suggest that Aghdam's account could have been a perfect-storm candidate for either innocent or rule-breaking content, with views in the millions, being demonetized by YouTube's auto-moderation bots.]

---------------------

I don't know if this is true.

I mean, here's are some pics from the shooter's blog:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sh...emale-suspect-dead.33763/page-22#post-6318291

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Police only have a 40-50% hit rate at relatively close ranges, IIRC, and they're trained and do it for a living.

They are not trained well at all in a lot of place. Some departments like the NYPD put heavy triggers in the guns of officers (because they are so poorly trained) to prevent them from shooting themselves.

If you own a gun, much less carry one, you should know its ins and outs and be very very well trained with it.

Ultryx

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yes it means the many will have to suffer due to the few. TOO BAD. Suck it up. That's just how things are.

Recently my apartment complex removed all the garbage disposals. Why? They had too many 'incidents'.

It seems pretty stupid that we ALL have to suffer not having a garbage disposal because some folks are clearly and absolutely stupid as hell, but I UNDERSTAND why it was done. It makes SENSE to me. So I'm not complaining about heightened overall safety.

Do you realize someone could counter that and say that unfortunate gun deaths will occur because no matter what, currently, the 2A is a given right to citizens? And if you don't like it, then too bad. That's just how things are.

And I know that's a shitty thing to say. That's not a discussion. For the record, I don't believe there is nothing that can be done. I am in favor of some actual firearm regulations, and in addition to those, lots of other options for people to get help outside of that realm. Suicide is a large chunk of the deaths from firearms. And although the suicide doesn't directly harm someone else's life, if we can get these people help without the stigma it could go a long way to preventing roughly 2/3 of gun deaths.

Zipzo

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Do you realize someone could counter that and say that unfortunate gun deaths will occur because no matter what, currently, the 2A is a given right to citizens? And if you don't like it, then too bad. That's just how things are.

And I know that's a shitty thing to say. That's not a discussion. For the record, I don't believe there is nothing that can be done. I am in favor of some actual firearm regulations, and in addition to those, lots of other options for people to get help outside of that realm. Suicide is a large chunk of the deaths from firearms. And although the suicide doesn't directly harm someone else's life, if we can get these people help without the stigma it could go a long way to preventing roughly 2/3 of gun deaths.
That isn't a counter.

Assuming you're pro 2nd amendment, our differences on the matter are contradictory to the core.

I believe, without hesitation, that americans should have some (certain) freedom taken away.

A pro 2nd amendment person thinks any removal of it is inherently bad.

So citing the 2A doesn't really do anything for me, since I already disagree with the 2A. It's like citing the Bible in a debate about religion.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Theoretically, if let's say in one month the 2nd amendment was repealed. How would you take guns away? How would that even be possible in reality? Or would you just "leave it", encourage bringing them in ("exchange your assault rifle for $200 xyz voucher"? - wouldnt that be extremely expensive then though?) and prohibit the sale of new guns? How long would it take for the numbers of available guns and black markets to decrease to a level where a real difference would be seen in frequency of shootings?

From a logistics perspective it seems like a nightmare and seems to me like it would decades to see real results. That said it would still be the correct measure in my opinion. Do "roadmaps" (as in plans by 2A opponents/opposing politicians) to a gunfree US exist? Would be interesting to read that.