• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
Yall remember Trash Panic. I was obsessed with that game. I could use a new one.
btw, most of SCEJ titles in late 2000s-early 2010s were technically indies (if you remove publishing rights, of course) – Trash Panic, Tokyo Jungle, The Last Guy, Rain, Echochrome, etc.

Here's video with Koji Igarashi and Yohei Kataoka that sheds light on how Tokyo Jungle was created:

Got Danny

Nov 8, 2017
I feel like if sony dedicated/hired some teams to develop some titles and released them direct to PSNow it would help. (Not exclusive to PSNow, but budgeted to account for the fact that it will launch on psnow).

The original content on streaming video services are what really took them to the next level imo. If sony could do a hybrid i feel like it would add a ton of value.
Sony Listens to me, Confirmed

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
good news and something like this was expected, but I fear they will backstab indies midgen like they did this gen

What does this even mean? Back stab? Maybe those level of discourse threads should of remained open.

OT: hoping there's is at least two games are smaller/shorter 3rd person adventure games.

Edit: This FIST game looks fun.

Last edited:

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
They always down with the indies in the beginning lets see how this pans out next year around this time. Better than nothing tho

Oct 27, 2017
What makes this statement nonsense is this initiative starts now and the first game FIST releases soon on PS4.

It could have started yesterday and it still wouldn't guarentee that, in the long run, Sony won't ditch indies once next gen is up and running. It's a possibility. However! I'm looking forward to these reveals, and I hope that, with Yoshida now in charge, PlayStation will take indies seriously through the whole gen.

Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
Oct 24, 2019
Man, not to say that the game won't be fun or doesn't have quirky charm, but Bugsnax is a tired meme already

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully with Shu being directly tied to this, their interest will last longer than it did this gen.

Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
Take a look at my post history before you start with that shit. Unless you want me to baselessly accuse you of being fragile to criticism of your favourite corporate entity?
What your post history has to do with your false statement? Sony supported indies from the beginning till the end of this gen.
So that's not "criticism", that's literally concern trolling.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Did Sony have a similar initiative on the PS3 or at the beginning of this generation that died halfway through? Asking because of this discussion about whether they give up on indies or not (I'm not going to quote everyone).

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
ID@Playstation

They should be good games, if they got the attention of playstation.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else a little creeped out that that rabbit has human hands?

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
?

Spelunky 2, Humanity, Jupiter & Mars, Tetris Effect, etc.

That was announced/released not so long ago.

But they didn't this gen. Sounds like concern trolling for me.

Im a little concerned but definitely not trolling. Of course Sony will always have indie games on its platform I was mostly getting at the marketing of them. These are great steps just hope it continues well into the lifespan of PS5.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Now this is what will make me interested in a PS5 the most tbh, even though I'm getting one anyways.

PS4 early indie game scene was the shit.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Sony have a similar initiative on the PS3 or at the beginning of this generation that died halfway through? Asking because of this discussion about whether they give up on indies or not (I'm not going to quote everyone).
I don't think they necessarily "ditched indies" as some have alleged, but they certainly lost interest in showcasing or publishing them.

They flat-out dropped What Remains of Edith Finch, and it went on to a high-Metacritic and many awards nominations.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
For a second there it felt like Sony wasn't paying pushing for indie gaming as much. Good to see this happening!