• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I think I am the only person who doesn't want to see or hear something new related to TLoU 2.

I've seen more than enough already. I want this experience to be fresh as fuck.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Outbreak Day: Story trailer, including Joel and Infected being shown, announcement of the release date
PSX: Multiplayer reveal, playable at the event
2 weeks or so before release: launch trailer

That's be perfect IMO.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I don't think we will see Joel on trailers...and that could be good a thing depending on how they handle the story.
I can totally see Joel being something like that special moment on the last God of War.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I don't think we will see Joel on trailers...and that could be good a thing depending on how they handle the story.
I can totally see Joel being something like that special moment on the last God of War.
This.

I hope they don't bring him in trailers. I know I can't resist. I know the moment they reveal Joel I'm going to watch the trailer. I want to meet him in the game. It's going to be something special like that thing in God of War.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping we'll get a MP beta before release like Uncharted 4

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the things I really love about SIE is that they aren't scared to create new IPs, even tho they already have huge successful IPs.
I mean this gen alone they made new IPs like:
Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Bloodborne, Spider-Man (yes), Detroit: Become Human, Death Stranding, Dreams, Astro Bot, The Tomorrow Children, Driveclub, Knack, The Order 1886, Entwined, Hidden Agenda, Until Dawn, Blood & Truth, The Last Guardian, Helldivers, Alienation, Resogun, RIGS, Matterfall, Bound, Déraciné, Hohokum, The Unfinished Swan, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Here They Lie, Farpoint, Ghosts of Tsushima, Concrete Genie and many many more.

I hope this continues next gen. Yes, we will get more (hardcore) AAA games according to Shawn Layden. But still, I can't wait to see what teams and studios like PixelOpus, Japan Studio, Arrowhead, Housemarque, etc. are doing for the PS5.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Shu said in an interview couple of years ago if possible, he always encourages the developers to create new IPs rather than using existing ones.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I really love about SIE is that they aren't scared to create new IPs, even tho they already have huge successful IPs.
Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Bloodborne, Spider-Man (yes), Detroit: Become Human, Death Stranding, Dreams, Astro Bot, The Tomorrow Children, Driveclub, Knack, The Order 1886, Entwined, Hidden Agenda, Until Dawn, Blood & Truth, The Last Guardian, Helldivers, Alienation, Resogun, RIGS, Matterfall, Bound, Déraciné, Hohokum, The Unfinished Swan, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Here They Lie, Farpoint, Ghosts of Tsushima, Concrete Genie and many many more.

I hope this continues next gen. Yes, we will get more (hardcore) AAA games according to Shawn Layden. But still, I can't wait to see what teams and studios like PixelOpus, Japan Studio, Arrowhead, Housemarque, etc. are doing for the PS5.
This is honestly what I buy a PlayStation for knowing long-term to expect brand new IPs and experimental stuff. Not all of it pays off and given Shu's quote about only 40% of their games making a profit, I'm sure they don't expect it to. We get some unique experiences from it and when it does pay off, it really does.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is honestly what I buy a PlayStation for knowing long-term to expect brand new IPs and experimental stuff. Not all of it pays off and given Shu's quote about only 40% of their games making a profit, I'm sure they don't expect it to. We get some unique experiences from it and when it does pay off, it really does.
Yep. The variety in their 1st party output is incredible.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018

There is no way I would ever call Spider-Man a new IP. But the rest, fair point.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has some loyal fans man. They have been so neglecting in terms of fan engagement lately yet threads like these are still alive.

They don't deserve the fans they have as of late.

Oct 25, 2017

With their new strategy of focusing on bigger games I wonder if this same 40 percent success rate applies. Or if they are still content with that. I doubt it, but maybe PSVR are filling that role of games they are OK with not selling all that well FOR NOW.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Sony has some loyal fans man. They have been so neglecting in terms of fan engagement lately yet threads like these are still alive.

Some of us play games that get released on their platform, not complain about news cycles. Their actions are much louder than everyone else's words. Maybe that's why fans don't care if their PR is silent.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

ND I think is definitely gonna go new IP next gen and I hope it's an RPG!!! And I think Cory will just oversee GOw2 and try something new.

Honestly this year of 'drought' as far as Sony skipping everything is hardly noticeable to me. My childhood dream game is actually playable, looks cutting edge all over again and is releasing next year!

Kojima making spiritual MGS successor for PlayStation. ND dropping GOTG next year! Like wtf did we do to deserve this awesomeness? This is hands down the best gen IMO, it's the generation where Sony finally struck the perfect balance between first party and 3rd party and it's really the jack of all trades master of mostly everything in the console industry. PS3's marketing actually fits PS4 lol. I hope Sony's first party keeps the trend going next gen.

Lol I completely forgot about Ghost and Dreams full release (really interested in what new things open up on PS5).

Oct 27, 2017
This.

I hope they don't bring him in trailers. I know I can't resist. I know the moment they reveal Joel I'm going to watch the trailer. I want to meet him in the game. It's going to be something special like that thing in God of War.
Keep in mind Joel was in the initial reveal trailer, so he's not some big secret.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

..Not this again.

Why wouldn't they "deserve" it?
Some of us play games that get released on their platform, not complain about news cycles. Their actions are much louder than everyone else's words. Maybe that's why fans don't care if their PR is silent.
Yup, there's been a lot of concern this last couple of months but I really don't get it.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't had many actions in a long time too. The last big first party game I played from them was GOW.

I am curious how Death Stranding does, Kojima burned me with MGSV

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
that qoute from Yoshida (''only 3/4 out of 10 Games make money'') was from 2014. Since then Sony released one record breaking IP after another and reached sales levels that completely shattered the past generations performances

Lets not forget, until 2014 the only 10 Mio Seller IP Sony had, was Gran Turismo....Not even Uncharted 3 managed to reach that mark.

By the end of this Gen Sony could have eight 10 Million Sellers among their first party portfolio

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
They haven't had many actions in a long time too. The last big first party game I played from them was GOW.

I am curious how Death Stranding does, Kojima burned me with MGSV
They released Days Gone in April. They gave information for Iceborne, Medieval and FFVII in a state of play. They gave a release date for Death Stranding in a separate video. And they've been having sales and notable game releases on their platform for months (MK11, Judgment, Bloodstained, Crash Team Racing etc.) a platform is more than just first party releases. So I have no idea what you are complaining about unless you are being intentionally obtuse.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
They released Days Gone in April. They gave information for Iceborne, Medieval and FFVII in a state of play. They gave a release date for Death Stranding in a separate video. And they've been having sales and notable game releases on their platform for months (MK11, Judgment, Bloodstained, Crash Team Racing etc.) a platform is more than just first party releases. So I have no idea what you are complaining about unless you are being intentionally obtuse.
Per the track record over the past decade, Sony has been suspiciously quite over the past year in regards to how they handled their PR. You can't refute that.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Per the track record over the past decade, Sony has been suspiciously quite over the past year in regards to how they handled their PR. You can't refute that.
They are always quiet outside of E3 and PSX. You are just now noticing it because they didn't have an E3 showing. There is no difference between this year and any other year besides the fact that they don't have trailers and demos at a conference ending without release dates.

Oct 25, 2017
that qoute from Yoshida (''only 3/4 out of 10 Games make money'') was from 2014. Since then Sony released one record breaking IP after another and reached sales levels that completely shattered the past generations performances

Lets not forget, until 2014 the only 10 Mio Seller IP Sony had, was Gran Turismo....Not even Uncharted 3 managed to reach that mark.

By the end of this Gen Sony could have eight 10 Million Sellers among their first party portfolio
Mhm, their first party games have transformed this gen. I don't think that quote applies much to now.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Keep in mind Joel was in the initial reveal trailer, so he's not some big secret.

I know. They even mentioned him in a dialogue in gameplay trailer. But it doesn't matter. We haven't seen his face yet. We haven't seen his part of the gameplay. Just imagine when you get to the point in the game that you have to play as Joel, and you don't know anything about him. Every single thing is different between him and Ellie. From tiny things like walking to big things like gameplay mechanics. Just imagine that moment when you have to fist the shit out of enemies and every single moment is going to amaze you.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Because they are holding onto reveals for a big blowout with the ps5? At the end of the day, when they reveal the next slate of games from their incredible first party, people will forget the slow news cycle. It is not like the competition is releasing games.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably because Days Gone was a critical failure and a blemish on their 1st Party output for this gen

Death Stranding is their game of focus now that TLOU2 was pushed into early 2020 - I'm sure more details of TLOU2 and GoT will be released later this fall/winter

Indominus

Jan 11, 2018
I really glad that ND is not showing too much of TLOU2, it helps me to stay on media blackout lol. Story-driven games doesn't need a lot of showing imo. I regretted watching every demo and trailer for Uncharted 4. Did it hurt a bit my enjoyment of the game. So, this time i'll try very hard to not see anything more from TLOU2. I did that with GoW and really paid off.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Do you think TLOU2 will have a marketing budget like U4? They had trailers in in several huge movies and every Amazon package had Uncharted plastered all over it.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I really glad that ND is not showing too much of TLOU2, it helps me to stay on media blackout lol. Story-driven games doesn't need a lot of showing imo. I regretted watching every demo and trailer for Uncharted 4. Did it hurt a bit my enjoyment of the game. So, this time i'll try very hard to not see anything more from TLOU2. I did that with GoW and really paid off.

Agreed. I'm fine not knowing if Joel is alive or not (and sorry everyone, but I think he's death or will die).

They should show the MP tho, I'm kinda curious.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think TLOU2 will have a marketing budget like U4? They had trailers in in several huge movies and every Amazon package had Uncharted plastered all over it.

It's the sequel to the best selling game that Sony's ever released. You can pretty much count on it having the biggest marketing budget they've ever put together for a game. Just look at how they treat it. They literally created a separate venue for its gameplay reveal at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.