Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Amazon prime offered me a $10 discount for my next purchase

My prime benefits are ending soon so I took advantage of it and ordered God of War for ps4

Total came out to $10 and I had enough gift credit so basically got it for free.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do they ever reveal fighting games at EVO?
Sony is going to announce Playstation X Capcom fighting game at EVO.

Oct 27, 2017
The free dlc for Days Gone show how much there is potential for multiplayer/co-op modes in the sequel. Horde mode, Dead don't ride etc.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Most of Days Gone's post-launch support has to do with the questionable state in which the game released... Though I guess a similar argument could be done regarding GT Sport and the original amount of content (enough, but improvable).

I'd go with Horizon or U4, both games were close to perfect, as far as performance goes, yet they still received tons of QoL updates and free content.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Most of Days Gone's post-launch support has to do with the questionable state in which the game released... Though I guess a similar argument could be done regarding GT Sport and the original amount of content (enough, but improvable).

I'd go with Horizon or U4, both games were close to perfect, as far as performance goes, yet they still received tons of QoL updates and free content.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

The DLC was announced before launch.

Oct 25, 2017

Game wasn't lacking content so I fail to see what questionable state you talking bout. Unless you talking about the technical stuff which.. wouldn't have anything to do with free post launch content. Y'all say anything for this game

What free content did uc4 or horizon release that comes anywhere close to what bend is doing? Literally say anything just to be against the game I don't get it

Jul 15, 2019
I'm beginning to think they're doing this out of sheer bullheadedness. ''Hey look we're the only ones making AAA singleplayer games!''. The competition next-gen from the more diverse Xbox Game Studios will do them good.
Do them good? With what? More casual games as a service games for Gamepass? Microsoft has said time and time again that they're not looking to fill a quota and that they don't believe in single player games.

Edit: I agree Sony needs more good quality genre variety and could use a good Big multiplayer game. But it's very naive to think these Xbox studios are going to be making world class games all the sudden.
I'll take a few world class single player games a gen over multiple multiplayer games as a service games. No matter who's making it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to Sony's MP initiatives next gen. I have a more open mind to them now.

The SP stuff will obviously be the bread and butter, so it is cool for them to experiment in other areas that are lacking.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to Sony's MP initiatives next gen. I have a more open mind to them now.

The SP stuff will obviously be the bread and butter, so it is cool for them to experiment in other areas that are lacking.

I think the Housemarque AAA game will be co-op. The Arrowhead ham will probably be MP focused too. Hopefully Sony buys both of them after they prove themselves

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Sony will keep publishing whatever their studios want to make and it's clear they (thankfully) don't want to make service games.
Don't care about service games at all, but I want them to invest more into genres that they're lacking in, that happen to benefit from a well designed online multiplayer. Genres like arcade racers and fighting games. I want Motorstorm and Twisted Metal back

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Don't care about service games at all, but I want them to invest more into genres that they're lacking in, that happen to benefit from a well designed online multiplayer. Genres like arcade racers and fighting games. I want Motorstorm and Twisted Metal back
I believe we can get Twisted Metal soon. I don't know why they would make a TV show based on the series without a new game.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
posted?

www.theceomagazine.com

Takehito Soeda Shanghai-based regional Vice-Chairman of Sony Interactive Entertainment

With console gaming being a nascent market in China, Sony Interactive Entertainment Ltd President Takehito Soeda is working with local publishers and distributors to bring the company’s PlayStation 4 to gamers throughout the country.

Having originally worked with Sony between 1992 and 2006, Takehito returned to the company in 2013, with his current tenure coinciding with the easing of restrictions on console gaming in China.
When he returned to SIE, he admits that bringing the PS4, Sony's latest iteration of its home gaming console, to the Chinese market was a daunting challenge. Despite the ban having been lifted, he engaged in extensive negotiations with regulators to assuage concerns about games that would appear on the console.

Even when software was approved by government regulators, SIE lacked partnerships and local infrastructure. Without distributors, Takehito says getting games on shelves became a difficult task. "We had to develop entire network s from scratch. In essence, we went back to where we started and founded an entire business." He says that to build interest in the console, he thought of ways to have customers engage with the hardware firsthand.

"We're only able to get 30 or 40 games out a year, whereas everywhere else in the world, we can reliably release hundreds. We want more content available in the market. If the market grows, more games will be developed, and that in turn means more opportunities for us.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Sadly Sony rejected Saber offer for a MP mode in Days Gone
Aren't they the ones who worked on the World War Z game though? That game multiplayer is serviceable at best. Good thing Sony refused if Saber were the ones who worked on WWZ. 😐
Sony will keep publishing whatever their studios want to make and it's clear they (thankfully) don't want to make service games.
Gran Turismo Sports, Days Gone and God of War would like to have a word with you.
aren't they GaaS?

Last edited:

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't they the ones who worked on the World War Z game though? That game multiplayer is serviceable at best. Good thing Sony refused if Saber were the ones who worked on WWZ. 😐

Gran Turismo Sports, Days Gone and God of War would like to have a word with you.
aren't they GaaS?

The only game in your list you can really call gaas is GTS, 2 years of support with very minimal MTX, much less then pretty much any other gaas game. Days Gone updates is what we used to call supporting your game and rewarding your fans, now some people call it gaas. GoW is not even close to a gaas game, it was complete day 1 and has only had minor patches.

Fun fact Days Gone has had more content updates then Anthem

Oct 26, 2018
Do them good? With what? More casual games as a service games for Gamepass? Microsoft has said time and time again that they're not looking to fill a quota and that they don't believe in single player games.

Edit: I agree Sony needs more good quality genre variety and could use a good Big multiplayer game. But it's very naive to think these Xbox studios are going to be making world class games all the sudden.
I'll take a few world class single player games a gen over multiple multiplayer games as a service games. No matter who's making it.
Ok the bolded is bs, they've never said that about single player games, that's putting your own views into this. They've said not filling a quota part, but nothing about the sp games part.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

Why would you expect Motorstorm, it's dead and buried. Sony gave it plenty of chances but people showed they didn't care for it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
That whole idea for the WWZ team to make an MP mode for Days Gone was really bizarre. A non Sony team comes along well into Days Gone development and asks if they can tack on an entirely new mp portion to their game simply because they both feature large groups of ravenous enemies. I can see so many reasons that never came to pass.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

aren't they GaaS?
Lol nop. GT Sport is kinda, but not really since u can disable the microtransactions, is just a game that receives alot of free updates. Is not really a service. GOW and Days Gone are complete single player games, thers nothing GAAS in them.

Oct 26, 2017

I mean, it's an AA title and despite that they sold 2 million copies quickly, of course the budget of WWZ was nowhere near Days Gone. Both games were serviceable at best tho.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe the next Days Gone challenge will have surprise online co-op.

That would be great tackling hordes with friends.

kungfuian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
I hope Sony's shifting focus on 'big' games doesn't end up reducing their output of the more whimsical fun stuff. Or better yet is it too much to ask for big budget open world sandbox metroidvania style versions of games like Ratchet, Astrobot, LBP, etc.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I hope Sony's shifting focus on 'big' games doesn't end up reducing their output of the more whimsical fun stuff. Or better yet is it too much to ask for big budget open world sandbox metroidvania style versions of games like Ratchet, Astrobot, LBP, etc.
Hopefully the more whimsical stuff is what SIE Japan is doing. Ape Escape 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.