• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Does PSVR still have the drift issues and the screen wobbling in and out? I got one at launch but returned it for those reasons. Even a bit of the wobble in and out made me feel bad.

I'm tempted by the Skyrim bundle, but I'm concerned about the hardware.

I know what it isn't you speak of, Abd personally haven't experienced any wobble or drift from my 10+ hours so far. It just works.

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
Does PSVR still have the drift issues and the screen wobbling in and out? I got one at launch but returned it for those reasons. Even a bit of the wobble in and out made me feel bad.

I'm tempted by the Skyrim bundle, but I'm concerned about the hardware.
I suffer from this in most games unless I play in complete darkness but Skyrim is good.
I played a bit midday and I was really surprised that it behaved itself, no scene wobble and only minute drifting of the Moves.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I know what it isn't you speak of, Abd personally haven't experienced any wobble or drift from my 10+ hours so far. It just works.

I think I know what he is speaking of.

Sometimes when playing VR I notice that after coming out of it my head is facing a different direction from where I began.

For example, looking at the TV used to be looking north, but after 10 minutes North is likely me looking way to the left of the TV.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Probably asked before, but do I need to switch the setting to PSmove somewhere? They just stay off after I turn them on and only controller works.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sometimes when playing VR I notice that after coming out of it my head is facing a different direction from where I began.

For example, looking at the TV used to be looking north, but after 10 minutes North is likely me looking way to the left of the TV.

That is usually the case for me as well. After a session of eagle flight I have damn near strangled myself with the VR cables. Skyrim magically works fine though.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only played a little because damn, the scale of everything and scope of the world is overwhelming.

Whiterun in particular just floored me, it literally looks like a super tall city rather than just a flat 'place' like in the 2D version. Unbelievable.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017

Oh I see what you mean, Recentering in VR kinda thing. happened to me with Farpoint I think as I remember my partner joking I kept looking at her and not the TV. Had to explain to her that facing the camera is what's important. Lol

Dash

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with miscellaneous quest markers not appearing on the map when you select them?

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Getting the Eagle Eye perk for archery gives you an aiming crosshair while holding the opposite trigger with the move controllers instead of just zooming in. As if archery wasn't awesome enough.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That is usually the case for me as well. After a session of eagle flight I have damn near strangled myself with the VR cables. Skyrim magically works fine though.

There is a super easy way to fix this issue but most aren't aware of it:

When turning on your headset make sure it is on a flat surface and let it sit for a few seconds. A dev made a post highlighting this was the solution to preventing any drift from happening. I have done this since a few weeks after launch of the headset and not experienced drift since.

Any wobble is caused by poor calibration, occluding the headset from the camera or being out of the tracking area. I highly recommend thoroughly going through the initial set up until it is faultless because when you have done it once you shouldn't have any problems. I move my camera around a lot and don't have any issues. The guides are in the PSVR OT if people have the issue.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
There is a super easy way to fix this issue but some might not be aware of it:

When turning on your headset make sure it is on a flat surface and let it sit for a few seconds. A dev made a post highlighting this was the solution to preventing any drift from happening. I have done this since a few weeks after launch of the headset and not experienced drift since.

Any wobble is caused by poor calibration, occluding the headset from the camera or being out of the tracking area. I highly recommend thoroughly going through the initial set up until it is faultless because when you have done it once you shouldn't have any problems. I move my camera around a lot and don't have any issues. The guides are in the PSVR OT if people have the issue.

I was getting bad headset wobble because my camera was 7 feet away on my TV. I solved it by getting a mic stand and putting the camera on it about 5 feet away and about a foot above my head looking down on me sitting.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
Played it with my friends PSVR today and it solidified my purchase decision. The scale of the world in this is so fascinating and exactly what I'd expect from VR.
I'll pick one up now thanks to Black Friday deals and Skyrim. Looking forward to play some older games in VR as well, especially RE7.

But the media coverage of VR is really lacking. Only 2 reviews on metacritic for such a good and big game. Sony has to push the coverage more.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the feedback on the drift and wobble. The Skyrim bundle over here has the V2 headset. My main concern is that when it did wobble it made me feel unwell and so even thinking about using PSVR became about whether I'd want to risk feeling off again.

When I did get the PSVR, I did all the calibration / moving things around / adjusting lighting multiple times and nothng helped.

Oct 26, 2017
Played it with my friends PSVR today and it solidified my purchase decision. The scale of the world in this is so fascinating and exactly what I'd expect from VR.
I'll pick one up now thanks to Black Friday deals and Skyrim. Looking forward to play some older games in VR as well, especially RE7.

But the media coverage of VR is really lacking. Only 2 reviews on metacritic for such a good and big game. Sony has to push the coverage more.

A friend at a big outlet and the editor both hate VR with a passion, for no particular reason. He refuses to try anything too. I'm pretty sure he made up his mind from the Oculus rollercoaster demo, four years ago.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So easy to just lose hours in this without realising. The game continues to impress me over and over again. Escalation Studios really did a good job with this. I hope Bethesda considers giving their future IP's VR consideration from a ground-up perspective because the experience can only get better and it's already really good.

CloakedPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Played as far as Whiterun today. Loving every bit of it - this is the 3rd version of Skyrim that I own and it may just be the one that I finally finish thanks to the immersion.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah it would help, But user reviews can help too and opencritic was at 9.2 last i checked. The VR reviews have been positive with the Ars one being poorly written in my opinion as they couldnt even figure out how to strafe backwards with the moves.

OP
OP
CKOHLER

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Probably asked before, but do I need to switch the setting to PSmove somewhere? They just stay off after I turn them on and only controller works.
You have to return to the title screen to switch between DualShock 4 and Move Controllers. There is a "VR Settings" option at the title screen's main menu to switch. Make sure they are turned on, also.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I finally get home after a terrible day, go to get ready to play this and realize I forgot to put the move controllers on the charger. Noooooooooooooooo.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
I feel this game will start the era of VR, and probably it will be remembered as the first VR game that was really relevant.
The irony is that Skyrim is 6 years old.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
the sense of scale is unbelievable. played for 3 hours straight.. never done that before in VR.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I'm at the end of Bleak Falls Barrow with the 3 rings puzzle.

For some reason I can't move the rings. Did I miss something?

edit: after some research, seems like a classic glitch.

• The pillars in the puzzle room or the rings on the claw door will not move, exit and re-enter Bleak Falls Barrows. Reloading a previous save may resolve the issue.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's never played Skyrim before, I found this incredibly overwhelming. Not necessarily the VR aspect, but trying to cope with that while being not super familiar with Skyrim's UI and gameplay systems is a pretty big ask imo.

Not sure what to do. It was really nice wandering around tho, I will see how I feel after playing more tomorrow.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's never played Skyrim before, I found this incredibly overwhelming. Not necessarily the VR aspect, but trying to cope with that while being not super familiar with Skyrim's UI and gameplay systems is a pretty big ask imo.

Not sure what to do. It was really nice wandering around tho, I will see how I feel after playing more tomorrow.
Don't feel like you need to learn it all at once, just go with whatever feels natural, that's the beauty of Skyrim: freedom.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How can I center the headset using the move (or dual shock controller)? In other VR games holding down the option button on the dual shock does it, but that's not the case here.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
So here's the thing, I really want to start this when I get my PSVR headset but I am really scared of spiders......

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I can't fuck it up by doing the wrong thing? :P
You can't screw up builds but in typical Bethesda fashion you can screw up quests by unintentionally killing NPCs, so save plenty and save often. Just a nudge, there are guilds in this game and you might be interested in joining one of them early on. In fact, I highly recommend ditching the main quest and doing everything else first, it's more fun that way.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So here's the thing, I really want to start this when I get my PSVR headset but I am really scared of spiders......

As a fellow arachnophobe I can tell you first hand that the spiders in this game are legitimately terrifying.

I've only had one encounter which is right at the start but that one room with only 4 or so spiders was hellish enough, the room covered in egg sacs and cobwebs didn't help either.

I fought them off with a bow from a looooong distance and it was still unnerving.

It's manageable though and you can always stop, pull of the headset and pause until you're ready to confront them.

OP
OP
CKOHLER

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
So I can't fuck it up by doing the wrong thing? :P
Quick save before an uncertain decision if you're worried. The game also keeps three auto saves at all times. Read your quest log and follow your waypoints on your compass.

Other than that, just do what you feel would be what your character would do in that world. You can be a saint or a villain. A thief or a protector. Mage, Warrior, battle mage. Whatever. :)

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
As a fellow arachnophobe I can tell you first hand that the spiders in this game are legitimately terrifying.

I've only had one encounter which is right at the start but that one room with only 4 or so spiders was hellish enough, the room covered in egg sacs and cobwebs didn't help either.

I fought them off with a bow from a looooong distance and it was still unnerving.

It's manageable though and you can always stop, pull of the headset and pause until you're ready to confront them.

I may have to avoid them completely, I will try but I am not sure if I am going to be able to. I have to say though I do wander if this will help me get over my fear of spiders. I can't imagine how big they must look in VR, they were really big just looking at them in the normal version of the game. I almost had to turn the game off when the ones from the ceiling come down.

The bow does seem like a really good idea.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I may have to avoid them completely, I will try but I am not sure if I am going to be able to. I have to say though I do wander if this will help me get over my fear of spiders. I can't imagine how big they must look in VR, they were really big just looking at them in the normal version of the game. I almost had to turn the game off when the ones from the ceiling come down.

The bow does seem like a really good idea.

Yeah, and if I remember right there was a cave or something back when I played this years ago that had tons of spiders and one really big one... that's gonna be interesting. -_-

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I figured out why weapons draw in their own finally. If you have a shield equipped when your weapons are sheathed, and hold your left move controller parallel to your body (like you hold it when blocking with the shield) it will draw your weapons. I think it does that so you can quickly bring your shield up to block if you are currently sheathed.

Very annoying. If you unequip a shield it will stop doing it.