• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leak?

• yea

Votes: 1,249 86.7%
  • nah

Votes: 191 13.3%

• Total voters

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Jokes aside, I wonder what Blizzard's feelings are on cross-progression nowadays internally. I'm sure around launch there were enthusiastic double/triple dips on the game and fans maintaining multiple OW accounts, but I assume getting some (possibly lapsed) players to start over on Switch 3+ years later when they already invested time on other platforms seems like a nonstarter.

Ideally for me, a cross-progression OW would go F2P, and I could just play it on all platforms without rebuying it, Blizzard distributing some founders perks to past players who bought at copy of OW, with the game adopting more modern MTX over loot boxes. But I don't believe there are any signs pointing towards that.

While i would love crossprogression, im fuck eitherway because the version i own currently is PS4, we know how sony is about that.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
While i would love crossprogression, im fuck eitherway because the version i own currently is PS4, we know how sony is about that.
Despite the obvious privilege Epic has had with Sony and other more readily cooperative console manufacturers when implementing cross-play/progression, hopefully other devs/pubs are able to similarly accomplish retrofitting cross-progression with how politically messy merging MTX done through PSN/XBL and hypothetically eShop seemingly is. Next month does make a year since the Sony Cross-Play Beta, I'd have to think that's enough time to start seeing results on our end as players. I'd be disappointed if OW-console wasn't at the front of the next wave of retrofitted cross-play/progression games considering Jeff Kaplan's stated interest and behind the scenes discussions with all involved parties.

Imagine if Blizzard was as bold as Epic with just accidentally turning on cross-play/progression on OW if players linked their bnet accounts like Epic did with Fortnite several times. What a power move that was.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I've recently started to play Overwatch again after an 8-month break from the game. (PS4 version)

You know what my first reaction was when I found myself in my first game?
"Wow, the game looks worse than I remember!"

Just to clarify: I don't think that Overwatch looks bad at all. But I honestly can't say that anything was impressive.
Texture quality and resolution can easily be toned down without the game losing much of the charm it has.

Also: that break was what I needed. I'm not playing as much as I did before but I'm playing regularly again and the game is just as fun as it was before!

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
30 fps. I will change my avatar to a bad tracer cosplay for at least a week if it is 60 fps.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I love Overwatch, I'd happily play a Switch version - imagine if they had Nintendo themed costumes, so much $$$$ on the table lol.

Would lose my mind if D.Va got announced for Smash, means I'd get an Amiibo of her too then!! Would be so happy.

It'll probably be Tracer though.

Obviously I'd prefer both but instead of Overwatch I feel we needed a Resident Evil rep more, Jill would have been perfect! Either option would fit the seemingly 3rd party focus so I can see it.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I love overwatch, and play it on the ps4. I doubt that blizzard can get it running at a respectable performance, considering the ps4 port (lack of good use of the ps4 pro, for example). Unless another dev ports it, like Panic Button.
Blizzard had Iron Galaxy help them with Diablo III. They would seem like a likely candidate for a Switch port.
I trust the switch and its power, I dont trust blizzard. Unless panic button ports it.
...or Iron Galaxy. Or QLOC.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Isnt Paladins 60fps?
Is it such a leap between it and OW?
Btw any idea why my brother, who has OW on PS4 is convinced it runs at 30 there?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I love Overwatch, I'd happily play a Switch version - imagine if they had Nintendo themed costumes, so much $$$$ on the table lol.

Would lose my mind if D.Va got announced for Smash, means I'd get an Amiibo of her too then!! Would be so happy.

It'll probably be Tracer though.

Obviously I'd prefer both but instead of Overwatch I feel we needed a Resident Evil rep more, Jill would have been perfect! Either option would fit the seemingly 3rd party focus so I can see it.
But at the same time, when has Sakurai gone for a character from a new franchise that wasn't the main character or the poster child? Like I said before, it's either Tracer or nobody.

We can at least agree on Resident Evil, though. Jill would bring a lot to the table in both representing a major franchise as well as RE-inspired mechanics while also helping the Fighters Pass with its lack of women.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt Paladins 60fps?
Btw any idea why my brother, who has OW on PS4 is convinced it runs at 30 there?
if you told me UE3 was a more inefficient engine than Blizzard's own, I'd believe you. if Paladins can run, I believe Overwatch can as well

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
if you told me UE3 was a more inefficient engine than Blizzard's own, I'd believe you. if Paladins can run, I believe Overwatch can as well
Paladins targets DirectX 9 graphical feature set btw. It has a good art style, but Overwatch is a more demanding game.

I still believe it can run at 60fps.

TheMilkman

Banned
Aug 30, 2019
Stopped playing OW when it started running like shit on my pos laptop. I need this to be true y'all. I don't care what FPS it is honestly, I miss my daily fix damn it

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Isnt Paladins 60fps?

The character select screen and replays are 30fps. The replays are only 60fps when they're temporarily stored in the viewer, until you decide to download them to your PS4 or upload it online. I don't have a pro, but I heard the pro can record video at 60fps.

If you're playing in any mode, then the game is 60fps.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The character select screen and replays are 30fps. The replays are only 60fps when they're temporarily stored in the viewer, until you decide to download them to your PS4 or upload it online. I don't have a pro, but I heard the pro can record video at 60fps.

If you're playing in any mode, then the game is 60fps.
Actually, the replays themselves are 60fps. It's the highlight intros that are 30fps. The main menu is also 30fps.