julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I read the evidence and i am convinced. Honestly it makes a lot of sense. Rinoa did want Squall to be the one to defeat her. What do you guys think.

Also, please listen to Eyes on Me while posting on this thread. I promise it improves the experience.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
No she's not.

Cool theory though. My personal headcanon is she's a descendent of Rinoa and Squall.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read the evidence and i am convinced. Honestly it makes a lot of sense. Rinoa did want Squall to be the one to defeat her. What do you guys think.

Also, please listen to Eyes on Me while posting on this thread. I promise it improves the experience.
She's not. But that was a cool theory. And FF8 really deserve a remake (Xenogears too) so they can tell the whole story.

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
Theory played off as fact. You love to see it.
It is a cool theory. But it's not confirmed.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Wow, I just got all the achievements today. Freaking love this game, as a kid it was more difficult tho, but 20 years later, when you actually understand how junctions work, you can exploit it since second 1 and just spam attack thorugh the game.

Regarding the title, it is just a theory, but I've always liked it, and it suits with the story overal and how Edea becomes a sorceress. What a masterpiece this game is, best FF story and narrative.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rinoa isn't Ultimecia but you sure as hell would not know that from playing the game.

OP
OP
julia crawford

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Guys if you're gonna be that way you gotta post some evidence or let me believe

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
That theory has been debunked by Kitase himself.

kotaku.com

Is Squall Really Dead? Final Fantasy Producer Addresses The Series' Biggest Fan Theories

Was Aeris ever going to come back to life? Are Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII set in the same world? Is Gogo actually Daryl? Thanks to Yoshinori Kitase, we now have the answers to all of these questions. And they’re mostly “No.”

So it has been confirmed then. But not the way op would like >_<

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Not officially, it was a plausible fan theory at the time because she summons Griever, and Rinoa asks for Sqall's very ring early on.

I think it should have been true because it would have provided some substance to the antagonist, and at the end they use the time compression to create a temporal paradox or something, they return to a branched timeline where Squall never dies and leaves it open for them to stop Rinoa becoming Ultimecia, prevent her from transforming into a half monstrous sorceress like Adel. That might have been Ultimecia's plan all along, a tragic monster and was the only way they could keep the sorceress loop stable, and yet create a happier timeline for Rinoa and Squall.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Guys if you're gonna be that way you gotta post some evidence or let me believe
kotaku.com

Is Squall Really Dead? Final Fantasy Producer Addresses The Series' Biggest Fan Theories

Was Aeris ever going to come back to life? Are Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII set in the same world? Is Gogo actually Daryl? Thanks to Yoshinori Kitase, we now have the answers to all of these questions. And they’re mostly “No.”

there you go, now request a lock

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
It just improves the story/characters to me. That Rinoa could become an evil witch in a bad alternate future makes her cooler so even if they deny it I still love it as a headcanon.
saYp1eQ.png

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what Square says now, this is how I am always going to see the game. It 100% improves the game to think of Ultimecia as a Rinoa from a failed future where Squall couldn't save her.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
It's a cute theory but nah. And I don't think I've ever seen the FFVIII diehards on here (I'm only like ... 50% diehard for it) advocate for it either.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe in an FFVIII remake they can toy with the idea?
If they do a remake, I rather they should just do it instead of toying. I already dislike the idea they seem to be toying with Aerith surviving in FF VII and setting up what looks like some obnoxious red herrings, for when they probably still kill her.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Rinoa being Ultimecia and love interest/villain would have been so interesting. Same with the theory that she mind controls Squall to be her knight.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
At this point devs shouldn't bother to write shit if at the end we end up believing whatever random theory we read even when said devs tell you it's false.

I truly believe FFVIII is a bad dream from Cloud btw. Debunk this!

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
The game also leads you to believe that Squall is the best looking guy there, which is not true. You can't trust the game, OP.

aD1Oz9O_460s.jpg

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb theory but not as dumb as Squall is dead. Thankfully Kitase threw these garbage tumblr fan fics in the trash where they belong

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb theory but not as dumb as Squall is dead. Thankfully Kitase threw these garbage tumblr fan fics in the trash where they belong
You make it sound their like alternate canon is more interesting, she has no personal connection to the heroes and wants to activate time compression for no fucking reason.

Squall dying theory is bad though, and it's just become a big cliché to say the main character was dead all along.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
You make it sound their like alternate canon is more interesting, she has no personal connection to the heroes and wants to activate time compression for no fucking reason.
Going "It's actually Rinoa" doesn't actually make Ultimecia's plan make any more sense.

Having alternate timeline evil Rinoa turn up from nowhere doesn't really improve the quality of the plot.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Wow. FFVIII is my favourite game, and I have NEVER heard this theory before. Squall is dead, sure. Never was into it, but I have heard it. Never Rinoa is Ultimecia! I don't really love this theory either BUT, it's always fun to go down the rabbit hole

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Did you even play the game? She hates the party because they're SeeD and she hates SeeD because they're destined to defeat Sorceresses like Ultimecia, who was vilified her entire life. She wants to use time compression to absorb all time, space and existence to becoming a living god so she can rule over the people who hated her

Forgive me for liking that more than some girl wanting to erase existence because her boyfriend died

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the theory. It elevates the story and turns Ultimecia into a more interesting villain.