• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What game should From Software make next?

• Bloodborne 2

Votes: 922 41.0%
  • Dark Souls IV

Votes: 142 6.3%
  • Sekiro 2

Votes: 61 2.7%
  • Demon Souls 2

Votes: 105 4.7%
  • Another King's Field

Votes: 80 3.6%
  • Another Armored Core

Votes: 300 13.3%
  • A New IP

Votes: 640 28.4%

• Total voters

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bloodborne 2 or new exclusive ip for PS5.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Something that is not an exclusive, hopefully. I'm sure both MS and Sony are trying to do that, though.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
So far, "A New IP" and "Bloodborne 2" are sweeping it. Thinking about it now, Demon Souls was incredible and then Dark Souls released and it was incredible and then Bloodborne released and it was incredible and then Sekiro released and it is incredible - I think a new IP is the way that From Software should go in the future.

Moving forward, they should just create one-and-done games with self-contained narratives that wrap everything up neatly by the end, as to not need a sequel. A new IP every time would ensure that there's always something new and fresh to look forward to from them. Anyone can make a sequel - in fact, the industry is bogged down with them; but imagine having something new and fresh each and every time. We already know that Miyazaki is crazy talented and this would give him the chance to truly spread his creative wings and showcase what he can do by making something new, different and fresh with each and every game that he makes.

That would be amazing!

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah the game where I sit at a campfire and refill my healing item and respawns enemies I use while playing from a third person view that heavily involves parrying emphasizing difficulty in combat

BjCkl.jpg
Yeah you don't know what you are talking about.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to vote for Lost Kingdom 3, but there's no voting option in the poll. (But Armored Core is???)

So I voted Bloodborne 2!

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Forget new IP. I went back to Bloodborne after playing Sekiro, and while the combat in Sekiro is amazing, there's something else about the methodical Soulslike games.
My ideal scenario would be them working on a Bloodborne 2, then a new Souls game.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
Having only experienced their recent action RPG series, I'd say my order of want for their next title goes something like this:

Bloodborne 2 > Demon's Souls 2 > New IP > Armored Core > King's Field > Dark Souls 4 > Sekiro 2

Loving Sekiro right now, but I don't want a sequel that quickly! Let the game chill for a few years.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Might be in my mind because of the genre of Sekiro, but The Mysterious Murasame Castle would be a good pick for a revival and would add another "mature" game to the Switch.
I've never heard of that game, I'll have to look it up! You know on the subject of Hidetaka Miyazaki working with a Nintendo IP, I would love to see his take on the Metroid franchise.

The combination of sci-fi and horror and From Software's signature difficulty could make possibly the best Metroid game yet!

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would've picked DeS remaster, but I voted BB2, because as good as BB is there are many things it could do better. BB2 could be GOAT material

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Now that they've made several of the best grounded melee combat games of the last 15 years, I'd like to see them tackle something magic based. New IP centered around twisted fantasy + occult horror/witchcraft.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Demon Souls Remastered before another souls game. GIve me the souls game a few years into next gen

Also yeah they deserve a break. Their output is wild

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I've never heard of that game, I'll have to look it up! You know on the subject of Hidetaka Miyazaki working with a Nintendo IP, I would love to see his take on the Metroid franchise.

The combination of sci-fi and horror and From Software's signature difficulty could make possibly the best Metroid game yet!
You bet! And it would be a nice change to go from melee weapon focus to projectile focused weapons. I'd buy it for sure.

The Mysterious Murasame Castle was basically a NES Zelda clone Nintendo made. The main character was a samurai. If they kept the 80s style anime, but kept the Souls violence, man....match made in heaven.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Didn't they make Chromehounds? Make another one of those. That game was awesome.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ok with whatever they put out. Maybe armored core or bb2. But whatever it is, please for the love of God do not make it console exclusive so I don't have to play the game with garbage performance.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
So far, "A New IP" and "Bloodborne 2" are sweeping it. Thinking about it now, Demon Souls was incredible and then Dark Souls released and it was incredible and then Bloodborne released and it was incredible and then Sekiro released and it is incredible - I think a new IP is the way that From Software should go in the future.

Moving forward, they should just create one-and-done games with self-contained narratives that wrap everything up neatly by the end, as to not need a sequel. A new IP every time would ensure that there's always something new and fresh to look forward to from them. Anyone can make a sequel - in fact, the industry is bogged down with them; but imagine having something new and fresh each and every time. We already know that Miyazaki is crazy talented and this would give him the chance to truly spread his creative wings and showcase what he can do by making something new, different and fresh with each and every game that he makes.

That would be amazing!

Isn't Dark Souls basically Demon's Souls 2?

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Because Demon's Souls and Bloodborne were PS3 and PS4 exclusives.
It can happen again you know?
ok, but what would add to the experience exactly? Are hoping for them to be exclusives just for a childish sentiment ?

You can have whatever you want and you ask for an exclusive? Yikes

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lost Kingdoms III. I'm still waiting, I'm sick of this style of game that From has been making these past 2 gens and I need a new card based action rpg.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The whole sequel thing is nonsense. Dark Souls isn't literally Demon's Souls 2, but could it have been released with that exact title and not a single person on Earth would have complained? Yes. They're far closer than almost any two Final Fantasies, for example. It's entirely irrelevant.

Demon's Souls does have much better environmental art and lore though.

As for exclusivity, Bamco versus Sony, I'd want Sony, but Acti are the biggest publisher in the world, if they're willing to back From to the extent Sony is, and it appears that they are, and it means three platforms get the game versus one, it is an objectively better scenario.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne 2 or Bloodborne 2 spiritual sequel (so everyone can play). I much prefer the faster, but still methodical combat of it compared to DS/DS/Sekiro.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A Demon's Souls 2 is essentially Dark Souls. They're the same game in every way besides name and the shittier mechanics of Demon's Souls that get scrapped. A spiritual successor that continues the same idea once limited by the exclusive nature of the previous IP. There is literally no point in an actual Demon's Souls 2, unless you care about Da lOrE.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
ok, but what would add to the experience exactly? Are hoping for them to be exclusives just for a childish sentiment ?

You can have whatever you want and you ask for an exclusive? Yikes
It isn't that. When FromSoft work with Sony Japan Studio they can deliver some unique masterpieces.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Bloodborne 2 same timeline and story please. There's just so much lore on bloodborne that needs to be explored.