• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who should do the killing in Home Alone 1+2?

• Kevin decides who lives and dies around here!

Votes: 66 48.2%
  • The Wet Bandits have it rough, give them a win!

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • I do not condone violence, but I understand that someone must do the killing and leave it to chance.

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • I do not believe anyone should do the killing. The two parties should reconcile and become a family.

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • I'm not sure as I do not celebrate Christmas.

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
PRESS RELEASE
  • OP
    OP
    Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
    Oct 25, 2017
    United States
    pressrelease58kt7.png

NEWS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    DECEMBER 1ST, 2021

STATEMENT ON ALLEGED SUPPORT FOR THE WET BANDITS​

NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- It has come to my attention that some statements I made in the past surrounding the actions of the notorious "Wet Bandits" (also known regionally as "The Sticky Bandits") are being circulated online in an attempt to defame me. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the situation and dispel the accusations against me.

The Wet Bandits pursued numerous attempts on the life of Kevin McCallister to make good on their promise to catch and kill him. This is illegal in both the state of Illinois and the state of New York City. As this is the law of the land, it is also wrong that The Wet Bandits sought vigilante justice outside the criminal justice system. Kevin McCallister had a right to a trial the same as anyone. As a proponent of law and order, and as a one-time appearance in the background of an episode of Law & Order on TV, I can state unequivocally that The Wet Bandits actions were wrong. They should not have tried to catch and kill Kevin McCallister.

However we must acknowledge that this is the plot of the movie. Two parties, one composed of Kevin McCallister and another of The Wet Bandits, take turns attempting to inflict mortal injury on one another. To take sides on this matter is to inherently support the murder of one party at the hands of another. I personally believe that both sides are to blame. But the fact remains that Kevin is far more successful in his attempts to kill The Wet Bandits, who are lucky to be alive. Whoever you are "rooting for" when watching the movies, the end result is immutable. Kevin always wins. It comes from a place of great empathy that I am able to feel sorry for The Wet Bandits. I hope this year you too can open your heart to the plight of the needy and relate a little more to Kevin's victims. Kevin McCallister himself once said: "Your heart might still be broken, but it isn't gone."

Thank you sincerely and good tidings to all.