• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Haha damn. Ray the Flying Squirrel is a deep cut in the Sonic franchise. SegaSonic the Hedgehog always intrigued me as a kid. Will either buy the DLC or double dip for the physical release.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
3de35a2bb5bd5af52a48b0f79991494a.jpg
Man, that Genesis cover brings back some memories. I already have this on Switch, but I think I'll cop a PS4 copy just for that.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking tits, every goddamn time I say to myself "Oh, well, this isn't getting a physical release, I guess I can force myself to buy digital" a physical release pops up later on.

Gah.
Maybe some of us will eventually start buying digital on one platform (XB1 for example) and then re-buying physical on a different platform (Switch).

Deleted member 123

Ray? Mighty?

They are returning?

I'm so shocked. It seems like my information on games has gotten so rusty...

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 and Switch version for me no problem triple dipping.

Hopefully we get Amy and Metal as well at some point.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Did they really see Sonic Mania and thought hey, you know what would make this better, more returning shitty Sonic friends! The original shitty friends at that.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of people in here who don't know that Ray and Mighty are older than Tails is astounding.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wonderful news. I was worried that a physical release would only become available through Limited Run Games like Wonder Boy and Night Trap and you'd have to fight for a copy. Going to look mighty fine on the shelf.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
I wonder how much the DLC will cost. If it's $5, then the physical edition will essentially be the same price as Digital + DLC if you have Amazon Prime.

Either way, I'm suddenly very glad I kept procrastinating on buying this.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Super happy for this :D Wonder how extensively different the encore mode will be, replayed Mania so many times that I'll be excited to get variations on the stages. Ace on four player too, though I am questioning what the aspect ratio of each screen will be :p

Also...was anyone else incredibly relieved that Shadow wasn't one of the two characters <_<

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm surprised by the lack of Amy & Metal Sonic being playable, but I'm down for more Mania DLC. Maybe I'll get that physical copy if I have the funds for it.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who hasn't played this masterpiece yet needs to jump in with this. Excellent game.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting Amy or Metal Sonic. Bringing back Mighty is pretty fuckin huge

I can't see what other improvements they have in store.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Double dipping and it doesn't even feel wrong. Beautiful, fantastic game made of dreams.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! This is what I wanted from the get-go. So happy I skipped the first release and waited. I was sure this was gonna come eventually. This is everything a fan could want and then some. More than one fan must be getting misty eyed at the sight of that Genesis reversible cover. This is amazing.

I'm in.

EDIT: I have no idea who those two extra characters are. Were they in the Genesis games?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I've always disliked Ray's design and I kinda wish they had included young Amy, but Mighty is cool and the mere idea of more Mania content is too damn exciting by itself. I'll probably double dip on a physical copy for Switch because that packaging looks excellent.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's one way to find out who Ray and Mighty are. In for digital, depending on how substantial the Encore Mode stage remixes are, but that physical edition looks astonishing. Mania was one of the biggest surprises in my life of playing video games and I'll be happy to dive back in for more.