• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a better look at Angel Island or that new opening cutscene. Ray's glide looks a lot like the SMW cape, and I'm all for it

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the DLC is not too expensive, I got the game for 10€, if it's more than 5€ then it's not worth it.

OP
OP
Redhead On Moped
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Will eventually buy physical and Switch, and upgrade for the One. I'm sure I won't hate it, but I know I'm just not gonna put that many hours into this game. At least I still have Untitled Sonic Racing Project to be hyped for.

OP
OP
Redhead On Moped
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Wonder if Jitters is gonna be able to do this in game...
44smx.jpg

Sails

Oct 27, 2017
The original Mania announcement made me cry, so that makes this the second Sonic trailer to do that for me. Being a childhood Sonic nerd feels redeemed.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Mighty has Sonic bounce attack, thus proving once and for all that he just a Sonic clone. Ray looks interesting to play with.

Still though it's a shame that Amy isn't playable.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
It's looking great! July is a bit stacked for Switch now with 4 games coming out within a week!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Ray and Mighty actually look really fun to play. Feel like Knux got like no screen time in that trailer though.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sweet... now I definitely want this(been waiting for a physical release)... sigh I remember my modding days I kitbashed/modeled a mighty and ray and put them into generations

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
At 1:16 it looks like Mighty doesn't take damage when using his not bubble shield ability

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
New playable characters are always refreshing in these kinds of games. I'm a little sad they didn't go with Amy though. I really like her classic design.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Ray wit dat Mario World cape, and Mighty gets the Bubble Shield drop that seemingly can shrug off spikes?!

I LOVE IT. Upgrade for my Switch version and getting a physical copy for my PS4.

10 USD would be fair. Anything above that would be kinda BS because

1. It would total the game and DLC to the physical price.
2. It doesn't come with any of the goodies of said physical version.

I hope they don't have the gall to make digital cost more than physical.

Famitsu article said the upgrade was 500 yen.

So, we have yet to confirm what it will be for the rest of the world, but I'm thinking anywhere around ~$5.99 MSRP is more than fair.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Haha, just noticed Knuckles and Mighty with the brofist at the very end there. I love that Mania acknowledges that Knuckles Chaotix exists, even if the game was more or less a glorified tech demo (With some good ass music and art)

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Seeing Ray as a legitimately fun new character to play as actually has me feeling a little emotional? I've always loved his character design.

Classic Sonic just straight up won the war and it should be over.

Last edited: