hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
If they fix GamePass on the PC, I'd jump back in. My login stopped working (ed: with the Xbox app, it works fine elsewhere) after I added 2 factor auth and no amount of tweaking, deleting files, or reinstalling got it to work. Frustrating, because it seems like a legitimately good value.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Games I actually want to play that I can't play elsewhere. It's that simple. Like I don't care and services, I don't care if you're the most powerful console after a mid gen refresh. Just give me an awesome single player game that isn't broken on launch

OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Is it just me or are there always similar threads asking how to get people to Xbox time to time
Nothing nefarious about it, I was just curious.
Personally I figured a crowd like era, an enthusiast crowd, would want games and only games. To go a step further, I think XGS need to release a "killer title", if you know what I mean, to win over this crowd. Either something 90+ MC, or something with wide massive appeal.

I'm actually surprised seeing some of the responses. A lot more JRPG answers then I thought. Goes to show, there are a hell of a lot of different people out there.

Redline23

Aug 18, 2019
Both Sony and Nintendo giving me the Japanese games I want to play, simply if MS gives more games in my taste then I'm willing to buy one of their consoles.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Exclusive games that aren't racing shooting or MP.
This Generation alone.

Ori and The Blind Forest
Ori and The Will of the Wisps
Battletoads
Killer Instinct
The Artful Escapte
The Forgotten City
The Last Night
Crack Down 3
Fantasia
Halo Wars 2
Powerstar Golf
Recore
Rare Replay
Quantum Break
Ryse
ScreamRide
State of Decay
State of Decay 2
Gigantic
Sunset Overdrive
Super Luckys Tale
Zoo Tycoon
Cuphead
D4: Dark Dream Dont Die
DayZ - timed exclusive
Max The Curse of Brotherhood
Crimson Drgaon
Massive Chalice
Elite Dangerous
Hunt Showdown
Lococycle

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New single player focused games. Have different type of games than they offer now with a different focus on game design.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's fair. I'm still at the point where I want all of them front and center lol. Leads to a lot of dusting though.

Yeah. I actually don't have the room in my bedroom for a second full-size console. My Switch hangs out on my computer desk because that thing in its dock takes up almost zero space, but another huge honkin' machine...I don't have the space for that, and I don't like gaming in my living room very much because my roommate's couch is the least comfortable seating on the planet.

I'm primarily a JRPG guy, genre-wise, and that just happens to be the genre Sony and Microsoft are both terrible at from a first-party perspective.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'm switching main platforms to MS next gen, Gamepass and it's value is what has pushed me over the edge.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I remote play PS4 on PC. Does that make Sony PC as well? I can also purchase, and launch games via the same software branded by Sony.
Remote play, no, as that is dependent on owning and running a PS4 simultaneously. PS Now, though? If you're paying for and accessing it on PC, then, yes, that means the PlayStation platform extends to PC. A platform isn't a physical box, though a physical box can be (and, in the past, often has been) a platform.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nothing more. I already have an Xbox One. It's great. Probably won't get the next Xbox at launch but it takes nothing away from this year.

Oct 30, 2017
The experience would truly have to eclipse Sony's offerings multiple times over.

I'm not really interested in owning multiple traditional home consoles. And there are games from Sony's studios I definitely do not want to miss.
It would be hard to make me care about the Xbox. Especially as I've been building up a library of digital games on PS3/PS4/Vita.

OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Put an xcloud app on switch/ps/my Samsung Tv
XCloud on the Switch sounds like a no brainer, assuming Nintendo is okay with it. It would be perfect.
Yeah. I actually don't have the room in my bedroom for a second full-size console. My Switch hangs out on my computer desk because that thing in its dock takes up almost zero space, but another huge honkin' machine...I don't have the space for that, and I don't like gaming in my living room very much because my roommate's couch is the least comfortable seating on the planet.

I'm primarily a JRPG guy, genre-wise, and that just happens to be the genre Sony and Microsoft are both terrible at from a first-party perspective.

I've been disappointed in Sony's JRPG output for the last few years. Where's my Legend of Dragoon remake/sequel...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've been disappointed in Sony's JRPG output for the last few years. Where's my Legend of Dragoon remake/sequel...

Or a Bloodborne sequel, or a Folklore sequel, or a new Wild ARMs, or or or or or or...

Sony has a damned graveyard of JRPG franchises they just left to rot. At least Microsoft gave up on the genre after only two games so it's hard to fault them too much. Lost Odyssey would've been really good if it wasn't running on an engine that had no idea how to handle it.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
This Generation alone.

Ori and The Blind Forest
Battletoads
Killer Instinct
The Artful Escapte
The Forgotten City
The Last Night
Crack Down 3
Fantasia
Halo Wars 2
Powerstar Golf
Recore
Rare Replay
Quantum Break
Ryse
ScreamRide
State of Decay
State of Decay 2
Gigantic
Sunset Overdrive
Super Luckys Tale
Zoo Tycoon
Cuphead
DayZ - timed exclusive
Crimson Drgaon
Massive Chalice
Elite Dangerous
Hunt Showdown
Lococycle
wow that a really bad list, they really need to improve to attract again 360 that moved to playstation and current playstation and nintendo fans.

Feb 4, 2018
I like Game Pass and their BC support. Hell, I'm tempted to buy an XB1 just so I can play SSX3 on it. That being said, I would need more exclusives that I really care about to invest that kind of money into another platform.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Be given it to me for free. Everything I need I get out of Sony and Nintendo consoles. An Xbox would be more of the same and largely useless to me.

OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Or a Bloodborne sequel, or a Folklore sequel, or a new Wild ARMs, or or or or or or...

Sony has a damned graveyard of JRPG franchises they just left to rot. At least Microsoft gave up on the genre after only two games so it's hard to fault them too much. Lost Odyssey would've been really good if it wasn't running on an engine that had no idea how to handle it.
I wonder if a Bloodborne sequel is on the table or not. On one hand, I don't think the game needs a sequel, but I'd love From to go back to it and it's style.
I do hope Elden Ring is more akin to Dark Souls than Sekiro.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'm an outlier, but my PC is almost 4 years old now and it ran Gears 5 pretty well. 980ti was a smart choice.

Really?
A computer stronger than like 90% of the PCs on steam was able to play Gears 5?

980tis are at about GTX 1070 levels.....which can keep up with a RTX 2060.
You are an outlier because as the user you quoted said....people vastly overestimate how many users in the real world have high powered computers.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I've always been mainly PS, but also owned every Xbox. That ends this gen because I just don't play Xbox anymore. Apart from a few games, there's nothing they've done that excites me and makes me think that it's worth the outlay.

Honestly, I'm not sure what they can do to reignite that interest for me.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This Generation alone.

Ori and The Blind Forest
Battletoads
Killer Instinct
The Artful Escapte
The Forgotten City
The Last Night
Crack Down 3
Fantasia
Halo Wars 2
Powerstar Golf
Recore
Rare Replay
Quantum Break
Ryse
ScreamRide
State of Decay
State of Decay 2
Gigantic
Sunset Overdrive
Super Luckys Tale
Zoo Tycoon
Cuphead
DayZ - timed exclusive
Crimson Drgaon
Massive Chalice
Elite Dangerous
Hunt Showdown
Lococycle
Pretty bad list though. Cup head and the Oris are on switch which I can play there.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
wow that a really bad list, they really need to improve to attract again 360 that moved to playstation and current playstation and nintendo fans.

Its a bad list?
Its their exclusives that arent shooters or racing as the user requested.
And ive played 90% of that list, its far from bad.
Unless you were being hyperbolic in which case i misunderstood your post.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make Great Games Again.

Sony studios took massive risks last gen and this gen switching from franchises like Jak & Daxter, Twisted Metal, Ratchet, Killzone and Sly Cooper to stuff like Horizon, Uncharted, TLOU, Infamous, Ghost of Tshushima and of course God of War. I fear MS is still stuck making Halo and Gears games which are way beyond their half life.

That said, i really like the latest gears. Its fun, but ive been stuck on the second chapter for over a month now. They do so much to change things up and i love all the changes but its still gears. the shooting is still meh. the open world chapter is great, but again all you do is shoot. Halo Infnite looks like an even more radical departure but at the end of the day all those animals arent going to matter much when all you do is shoot guns.

I think they need to look at what made them so goddamn great early last gen. Gears, Halo, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Oblivion. You dont have to keep making those same games again, but you do have to realize what made those games so innovate and mind blowing at the time. Lets go back and give the players that sense of awe. Dont just copy paste what you did before. Halo 3 was aweinspiring because of those epic battles. They need to up that scale in halo infinite. i want avengers quality battles next gen. Gears was amazing because it literally redefined third person shooters. Figure out how to do that next gen. Look at Naughty Dog has innovated simply by giving you a dodge button, investing in better animations and more melee options in a shooter. it shouldnt be that hard to give us something like John Wick next gen. dont just give us more gears with prettier graphics.

I really hope they take Fable to the next level next gen. I LOVED Fable 3's finale where you have to make enough gold to get the good ending. loved the economy systems. but that was last gen, expecations are much higher. give me something im not getting from Sony or third party games. let me control my kingdom from scratch. make it so big sony has no chance but to match your scale.

And finally Mass Effect. Why was it such a success? It was huge, epic, with a great story, and memorable characters. it was a sci fi game in an age where no one was making sci fi games about space exploration. surprise me, inspire me. It doesnt have to be Mass Effect 4. It can be its own thing. Gritty, epic, something that rivals hollywood movies.

I havent liked many games from MS this gen. Ryse was a massive disappointment. Loved Titanfall but got bored with it fast. Loved Sunset but i wouldnt put it on my top ten list of this gen. liked Quantum break and disliked Halo 5, Sea of thieves and Gears 4. i look at Horizon, TLG, God of War, Detroit and Spiderman and its obvious why those games left a big impression on me. Story matters, but the gameplay matters more. if you are making single player games, you need to craft them a lot better. you need to sprinkle in those magic moments instead of just rooms of shooting galleries.

I am not confident they will get it right immediately. its an iterative process but i really hope they leave some of these franchises behind. rest assured, i will be there day 1 to support them because after almost half a decade of talking, Phil has put his money where his mouth is and invested in video games. lets hope their ambitions are as high as I want them to be.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm actually surprised seeing some of the responses. A lot more JRPG answers then I thought. Goes to show, there are a hell of a lot of different people out there.

Not only JRPG's, japanese support on Xbox is horrible (outside big mainstream titles).

Ace Attorney port was a surprise to me.

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
I grew up as a Nintendo kid and even today I still love Nintendo's IP, so Nintendo's systems are almost always must-buys for me. I've always gone with Sony systems over Microsoft systems because Sony systems tend to get most of the big AAA games while also getting more games that appeal to my interests that just don't appear on Microsft systems to the same degree (like the Dragon Quest Builders games, also Tales series games, with the exception of the original Vesperia).

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
1. Good exclusives (RPG for me)

2. A better UI - I can't stand the UI on the X1

3. If I buy a game on a disc I should be able to put it in and play, not be forced to download a bunch of updates.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Really?
A computer stronger than like 90% of the PCs on steam was able to play Gears 5?

980tis are at about GTX 1070 levels.....which can keep up with a RTX 2060.
You are an outlier because as the user you quoted said....people vastly overestimate how many users in the real world have high powered computers.
Even something like a non-TI 1050 can run games from this generation without issues.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Its a bad list?
Its their exclusives that arent shooters or racing as the user requested.
And ive played 90% of that list, its far from bad.
Unless you were being hyperbolic in which case i misunderstood your post.

That is a pretty bad list, and I say that as someone who owns and plays a fair amount of Xbox shit. Some of your list isn't exclusive, some haven't released, and some are just bad games. This has been the worst Xbox generation by far and it's done a lot to push me away from the brand.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Remote play, no, as that is dependent on owning and running a PS4 simultaneously. PS Now, though? If you're paying for and accessing it on PC, then, yes, that means the PlayStation platform extends to PC. A platform isn't a physical box, though a physical box can be (and, in the past, often has been) a platform.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your take that the difference is a dependency on already owning a PS4. I'd have to agree with you. It will be interesting to see how all these ecosystems begin to merge with one another. PC becoming an access-point to everything.

As for Xbox specifically. The Game Pass on PCs is a strong value, and hooked me. Coupled with the Shroud announcement today, I am looking into the Mixer platform as well. For me to get a console, there would have to be strong single player exclusives. Strong VR support that is better than PS4/5s version could also entice me.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
That is a pretty bad list, and I say that as someone who owns and plays a fair amount of Xbox shit. Some of your list isn't exclusive, some haven't released, and some are just bad games. This has been the worst Xbox generation by far and it's done a lot to push me away from the brand.

Is this place also like GAF where anything under an 80 metacritic equals a bad game?

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I always get all the systems, but Xbox usually gets the least amount of play, because;
1) I absolutely hate splitting libraries.
2) I mainly use it for it's exclusives.. and we all know how that's going.

But off the top of my head...
More Western RPGs, like Outer World's, and whatever they bring to the table with that.
I love fallout and BioShock, so.. if they get one of those exclusives I'm there. I also go wherever Street fighter goes. Last gen 360 was my main plat for a while due to the better version of SF4.
If they got an exclusive FROM game, I'm there..

PS4/5 will take care of the rest for me.

OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Make Great Games Again.

Sony studios took massive risks last gen and this gen switching from franchises like Jak & Daxter, Twisted Metal, Ratchet, Killzone and Sly Cooper to stuff like Horizon, Uncharted, TLOU, Infamous, Ghost of Tshushima and of course God of War. I fear MS is still stuck making Halo and Gears games which are way beyond their half life.

That said, i really like the latest gears. Its fun, but ive been stuck on the second chapter for over a month now. They do so much to change things up and i love all the changes but its still gears. the shooting is still meh. the open world chapter is great, but again all you do is shoot. Halo Infnite looks like an even more radical departure but at the end of the day all those animals arent going to matter much when all you do is shoot guns.

I think they need to look at what made them so goddamn great early last gen. Gears, Halo, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Oblivion. You dont have to keep making those same games again, but you do have to realize what made those games so innovate and mind blowing at the time. Lets go back and give the players that sense of awe. Dont just copy paste what you did before. Halo 3 was aweinspiring because of those epic battles. They need to up that scale in halo infinite. i want avengers quality battles next gen. Gears was amazing because it literally redefined third person shooters. Figure out how to do that next gen. Look at Naughty Dog has innovated simply by giving you a dodge button, investing in better animations and more melee options in a shooter. it shouldnt be that hard to give us something like John Wick next gen. dont just give us more gears with prettier graphics.

I really hope they take Fable to the next level next gen. I LOVED Fable 3's finale where you have to make enough gold to get the good ending. loved the economy systems. but that was last gen, expecations are much higher. give me something im not getting from Sony or third party games. let me control my kingdom from scratch. make it so big sony has no chance but to match your scale.

And finally Mass Effect. Why was it such a success? It was huge, epic, with a great story, and memorable characters. it was a sci fi game in an age where no one was making sci fi games about space exploration. surprise me, inspire me. It doesnt have to be Mass Effect 4. It can be its own thing. Gritty, epic, something that rivals hollywood movies.

I havent liked many games from MS this gen. Ryse was a massive disappointment. Loved Titanfall but got bored with it fast. Loved Sunset but i wouldnt put it on my top ten list of this gen. liked Quantum break and disliked Halo 5, Sea of thieves and Gears 4. i look at Horizon, TLG, God of War, Detroit and Spiderman and its obvious why those games left a big impression on me. Story matters, but the gameplay matters more. if you are making single player games, you need to craft them a lot better. you need to sprinkle in those magic moments instead of just rooms of shooting galleries.

I am not confident they will get it right immediately. its an iterative process but i really hope they leave some of these franchises behind. rest assured, i will be there day 1 to support them because after almost half a decade of talking, Phil has put his money where his mouth is and invested in video games. lets hope their ambitions are as high as I want them to be.
Hey, thanks for the detailed reply! I agree with pretty much everything you said (minus disliking some of the games) and I really hope MS is charging up and changing things. I do think the recent acquisitions can lead to a promising future and I think Gears 5 is a good step in the right direction. Halo Infinite has some serious pressure on it's shoulders though. This game can't even afford to be above average, let alone below that. I do not envy 343 right now.
Not only JRPG's, japanese support on Xbox is horrible (outside big mainstream titles).

Ace Attorney port was a surprise to me.
This is something I'd have hoped was already fixed. Xbox has been getting more than it used to, sure, but still missing big titles like Persona and DQ.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if a Bloodborne sequel is on the table or not. On one hand, I don't think the game needs a sequel, but I'd love From to go back to it and it's style.
I do hope Elden Ring is more akin to Dark Souls than Sekiro.

Yeah, I hope they have plans for one. It's rare that a new IP so completely appeals to me on raw concept alone, and it would be tragic to never see it again.

Elden Ring I'm less hot on if only because I'm kind of tired of killing knights.

OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
1. Good exclusives (RPG for me)

2. A better UI - I can't stand the UI on the X1

3. If I buy a game on a disc I should be able to put it in and play, not be forced to download a bunch of updates.
Uh, number 3 sure isn't a problem exclusive to Xbox. Hell, plenty of their games can be started just buy downloading a couple gigs of the game.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Is this place also like GAF where anything under an 80 metacritic equals a bad game?

I don't know or care what this place feels about sub 80 games, but I'm fine with them if they're fun. I just think your list isn't great and isn't really true regarding exclusivity or even being available.

I like good games and my opinion is that Xbox was light on exclusive good games compared to the competition.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
They already have something I want: gamepass. I just can't justify shelling $400 for an Xbox One X this late in the game.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Xbox they can't.
PC they should release more japanese games and less fps/racing games