Oct 25, 2017
If GamePass ever shows up on Switch specifically, I'll pay for a subscription.

Even if that means that I also have to start paying for a Switch online subscription again.

I don't play any games on PC outside of 4X and Football Manager, and I probably wouldn't get an Xbox again because, as much as I loved my OG Xbox and 360, Microsoft doesn't have enough active IPs that I'm interested in. I guess acquiring Obsidian and Double Fine + reviving stuff like Kung Fu Chaos (hey, Ninja Theory's in-house as a dev now), MechAssault, Links, Top Spin, Viva Pinata, Crimson Skies, Fuzion Frenzy, etc., and sticking with some other recently revived IPs like Crackdown would make me think a bit about going back over to Xbox. They'd have to acquire a MLB license and bring back Inside Pitch or whatever their old MLB IP was back in the OG Xbox days, definitely.

Right now, Sony is doing enough with their first-party games to keep me in the ecosystem. I spent a lot of enjoyable time with Spider-Man, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, Concrete Genie, MLB, Everybody's Golf, etc., that even though I probably prefer the OG Xbox's first-party IPs to what Sony's doing right now in first-party games (I know, I'm weird), Microsoft has moved far away from all that stuff I loved that they used to do.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
No chance for the console at this point. I already use GP on PC. I would unsub from GP if they raised the price any higher tbh. I already purchase a lot of indie games because I like supporting the devs so that aspect of the service doesn't interest me.

Already had a bad experience with gears 5. I'll probably sub for the months that an obsidian or halo game are out and then not renew.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I have all the platforms but I'd certainly make more use out of the amazing hardware in my x1x if the software interface didn't constantly enrage me, and if there were a lot more super high quality single player focused exclusive games.

So basically the same things they did that made me use my 360 every single day.

Deleted member 19213

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a PC owner, nothing. I like that they're putting their games on PC. My PC is my preferred platform and I can customize it however I please. I feel like my current rig can handle next gen, so I can save money not buying the console.

I also own PS and Nintendo consoles... as far as exclusives, I hope they take more risks.

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
They would have to completely corner the jrpg market, which is effectively impossible. I'm not their target market anyway

OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
crimson skies 2 and more single player non-shooter, non-racing games.
I'm actually curious how well received a Crimson Skies 2 would be. I feel like flight games are a niche among niches.
No chance for the console at this point. I already use GP on PC. I would unsub from GP if they raised the price any higher tbh. I already purchase a lot of indie games because I like supporting the devs so that aspect of the service doesn't interest me.

Already had a bad experience with gears 5. I'll probably sub for the months that an obsidian or halo game are out and then not renew.
Do you mean the current beta price of 4.99, or the eventual full price of 10?
I do agree that MS needs to do as much as it can to make sure the store works and it works well.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Speak for yourself (which, I suppose, you are doing).
We've gotten some pretty solid replies in this thread, imo, and some I didn't really expect. I do apologize if I came out as desperate, though I'm not really sure what I'd be desperate of.

It's all good, I'm just busting you're balls for the fun of it. But seriously, No X in my gaming future.

You've been found out, Phil.

I laughed way too hard at this 😂😂

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean the current beta price of 4.99, or the eventual full price of 10?
I do agree that MS needs to do as much as it can to make sure the store works and it works well.
If it starts creeping up higher than 10 I'd consider the plan of just subbing when a big exclusive comes out and then unsubbing when I'm done with the game. That way I get a month rental and try out some games I never would have bought for whatever that price would be.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Fix up their UI in next gen, add a social killer app like VG Chat meets PS Home, a more diverse exclusive line-up that goes beyond dude-bro shooters and racing.

Also, more RPG's... I miss the days of Jade Empire, KotOR, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, and Fable.

OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Fix up their UI in next gen, add a social killer app like VG Chat meets PS Home, a more diverse exclusive line-up that goes beyond dude-bro shooters and racing.

Also, more RPG's... I miss the days of Jade Empire, KotOR, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, and Fable.
Hopefully with Obsidian and InExile, more RPGs are on the menu.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Have Nintendo games. But since I don't even own a Nintendo system any more, meh.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
I have friends that just have something against Microsoft and the Xbox brand in general - no matter what.

I remember one of them considering a One S for 4K Blu Ray, but then he spent more money on a standalone player so he didn't have to "give money to Microsoft." That was his reasoning.

My other buddy is upset that MS got into the console business - which was 18 years ago. I just don't get it.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
Honestly I dont know, my coworker upgraded to the X model and gave me his launch model for free about two months ago and I havent even set it up yet.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Persona 6 becoming a MS exclusive. It's literally the only series I ever turn on my Playstations for.

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017
I probably would have gone with them over Sony this generation if not for their always online bs. If they get their act together next gen, I can see the Xbox One Two being my secondary console of choice.

Oh, and stick a gyro in your controller and I'll be there day 1.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Great games with singleplayer campaigns I can't play elsewhere. If Xbox had 4-5 more Gears 5 level games, I'd be interested in getting it.

Madds

Feb 2, 2018
I went through multiple 360s because of the red ring. Still on my original PS3 and PS4. Not trying to be a fanboy, but that is my personal anecdotal reason for not buying an Xbox this generation.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
If you haven't played Ori, I'd highly recommend it. Goddamn fantastic game.
Ori and Cuphead were the two exclusives I was most interested in playing but now that they are on Switch I will most likely get them for that (they seem like a good fit for handheld play).

I'll eventually get around to setting it up and getting Game Pass to play the handful of exclusives that interest me, I've just been so busy with work and family lately that it's hard gaming on more than one platform, I havent even played my PS4 since Feb.

Feb 1, 2018
A console with an SSD (or user-accessible drive bay so I can add one like the PS4) would be nice for starters. Playing off an HDD is unacceptable in 2019.

My XB1S is just a UHD blu ray player because of this. Also fix the UI lag.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
They would have to:
  • prioritise single player games.
  • release their own VR headset and support it with their own games.
  • make games in the same tier as Uncharted, God of War, The Last of Us.
  • invest in their other games and new IPs as much as they do in Halo/Forza/Gears.
  • let their H/F/G studios branch out and make something not H/F/G.
  • invest heavily in Japanese & Asian game content.
  • convince me that they care about long-term physical media preservation and game ownership.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
They would somehow find a way to give me more free time, because even with one console this gen I'm struggling with my back-log and a general lack of time to get/play the titles I'm interested in... honestly can't see myself going for multiple consoles anytime in the future.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
They would have to:
  • prioritise single player games.
  • make their own VR headset and support it with their own games.
  • make games in the same tier of Uncharted, God of War, The Last of Us.
  • invest in their other games and new IPs as much as they do in Halo/Forza/Gears.
  • let their H/F/G studios branch out and make something not H/F/G.
  • invest heavily in Japanese & Asian game content.
  • convince me that they care about long-term physical media preservation and game ownership.

So basically clone Sony.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
Personally, full BC with Xbox/360 games. And I mean absolutely full BC.

All the Xbox One/Scarlett exclusives are on PC so I don't care about playing any of those games on console. And I don't know how feasible it would be to make an efficient Xbox/360 "emulator" to run those games on PC.

itshutton

Nov 1, 2017
Microsoft is so American in its exclusive titles. Blocky muscular guys in armour shooting or sawing big monsters. Hardly subtle.

Introduce some new IP, or hell transform existing IP a la God of War, to give some humanism and depth to your characters. Gears 5 was actually a good step in the right direction, but not quite to the same standard.

More please!

Oct 25, 2017
One non-negotiable condition and one alone:

Match Nintendo's ABXY button layout.

(Or realistically, support controllers + system-wide button remapping that would permit me to easily set this up for myself.)

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Diversify their IPs... too "bro" centric. Aside from Forza, I've stopped caring about their output precisely because of the lack of variety. Where's the stuff like Viva Piñata, Blinx, Voodoo Vince, Fable, Phantom Dust? The games that made me like the platform in the first place are all MIA. Why is it all 100% shootbangy bro stuff now? Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive and Forza (Horizon series specifically) were the only big "full size" games of theirs I even cared about in the last 7 or so years. Ori and Cuphead are excellent, why aren't they making more smaller scale stuff like this? Halo and Gears have been sequelled to irrelevance, 4 and judgement killed my interest in their respective series. Sea of Thieves looked like a good idead but sadly didn't deliver.

The way I see it, Microsoft CLEARLY isn't interested in captivating anyone outside their core audience. They have completely stopped trying.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Several exclusive must-play platformers/adventure games, something like Mario/Banjo/Zelda.

And they can't put them on PC like Ori, because obviously I'll just play it there instead. (Not that I'm complaining.)

OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Ori and Cuphead were the two exclusives I was most interested in playing but now that they are on Switch I will most likely get them for that (they seem like a good fit for handheld play).

I'll eventually get around to setting it up and getting Game Pass to play the handful of exclusives that interest me, I've just been so busy with work and family lately that it's hard gaming on more than one platform, I havent even played my PS4 since Feb.
I wouldn't recommend Ori (or Cuphead for that matter) with Joy Cons (assuming that's what you're using). The game requires pretty precise inputs at times.
But yeah, do play it for sure. Can't wait for the sequel. And hey, speaking of, that's what I want more out of MS. Games similar to Ori in terms of creativity and design.