• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me the opposite. PlayStations silence makes me feel nothing stimulating is happening and Xbox has more drive and passion. They need to fix this because my friends talk about Xbox more each day.
I'm honestly not trying to dogpile you but honestly what do you guys have to talk about? There's a new Halo, Gears and Fable on the way. Things are the same as they ever were. Sure they've made notable acquisitions but it'll be years before their games actually materialize. So, what is there to talk about? PS4 has GoT, DS, DG, TLoU2, Granblue Fantasy Re-Link, and Project Awakening amongst others. And then you have award winning studios that have recently released games working on next-gen launch titles! This narrative about Sony's silence being unsettling is odd to say the least.

Oct 28, 2017
Don't usually Xbox fanboys nag Phil on Twitter every time Sony releases a game and gets critical acclaim?

I like the fact that Sony let their games do the talking.

Now where the hell is Concrete genie new gameplay and trailer?

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Is this thing about corporate execs needing to be 'relatable' unique to gaming?

I mean, I don't see people on forums about book publishing banging on about how executives at Hodder & Stoughton need to be known faces, same goes for music, movies & TV.

Oct 30, 2017
Is this thing about corporate execs needing to be 'relatable' unique to gaming?

I mean, I don't see people on forums about book publishing banging on about how executives at Hodder & Stoughton need to be known faces, same goes for music, movies & TV.

It doesn't hurt if execs have a good personality and are able to generate excitement about the future among the fans of the company. On the extreme side of things there's someone like Elon Musk who's generating billions of dollars worth of media exposure for Tesla with his comments.

I mean Sony execs were more open/relatable a few years ago so it's not like people are expecting something unreasonable.

It's fine with me if "they just let the games talk" but I also understand the comments about Sony's silence in the last two years or so.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
For me the opposite. PlayStations silence makes me feel nothing stimulating is happening and Xbox has more drive and passion. They need to fix this because my friends talk about Xbox more each day.

More drive and passion....

Each his own but I prefer constantly great games over hot air talking.
Next promising PS4 title is Vane in two days, that's not what I call silence.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
What the heck with "nothing stimulating silence"???

In 2018, SIE manage to publish & re-invigorate an IP that gets 94 Metacritic score + sells 5 millions in a month, a successful Quantic Dreams game to date, a Marvel franchise that sold 9 millions, new PSVR games with one of them currently have the highest Metacritic score for VR game yet, gets loads of Game of the Year awards, etc.

Sure maybe there are duds like PS Classic & such, lol.

Last edited:

Manixramz

Apr 4, 2018
Back to back games and more games coming yet now the complain is Shawn not tweets. Atleast keep this one free of that.

Unbelievable hate on days gone

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Were only a couple of weeks into January, are people expecting some fucking announcements already??!!!

Calm down folks

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
My wishful thinking.
Sony's first conference of 2019 has to be before Days Gone so sometimes in March maybe? Where Sony could also reveal trailers for their coming 1st party games with release dates including a final story trailer for Days Gone.

Also, I'd think Sony would reserve a separate event late 2019 for PS5 announcement.(Another wishful thinking).

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I hope Sony is making vr multiplayer rpg. No need to be full mmo, but even something like anthem/destiny would be great, shared townhub, form party and go to dungeon with friend etc.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's too easy to just blame trolls for the "Sony is too quiet" narrative.

There are similar comments on sites like Push Square.

www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/08/soapbox_sonys_in_danger_of_becoming_closed_off
Okay?

These "complaints" are on the same level as "consoles are dead!" comments at the end of last gen, or any old variant of an "I'm worried!" complaint before the release of a big title. They're needless FUD put out there by worrisome people as if they're trying to make the deadline before their opinions become obsolete, never to be thought of again. They're doomsayers capitalizing on the period of uncertainty before things actually take shape.

Fact of the matter is that Sony has been on a generation long streak in almost every measurable respect, the PS4 is selling even better than expected, and they don't need to be saying anything to keep people's attention for now. Once PS5 marketing gets in full swing, all this needless worrying will be forgotten, and chances are they'll be continuing aforementioned streak into the foreseeable future.

To summarize: Nothing to see here.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017

Yet they won't have a clue what Sony are up to so who are they to say? After a fantastic year for the platform this means nothing right now.

My wishful thinking.
Sony's first conference of 2019 has to be before Days Gone so sometimes in March maybe? Where Sony could also reveal trailers for their coming 1st party games with release dates including a final story trailer for Days Gone.

Also, I'd think Sony would reserve a separate event late 2019 for PS5 announcement.(Another wishful thinking).
I think Sony will announce release dates for all PS4 games early 2019 and have a PS5 blowout in December for it's 25th birthday. I'm also starting to think all of the up and coming games will come out in 2019 and PS5 2020.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This Sony has nothing stimulating happening talk, after GoW won Goty and Spider-Man sold over 9 million copies...
giphy.gif

SR7212

Avenger
Aug 17, 2018
I am replying to someone who said they are enjoying total silence from Sony. No communication..nothing.

I'm kind of enjoying Sony's deafening silence on so many fronts right now

Disagree strongly. I have multiple consoles and am not aligned to anyone. Hearing about new software features is nice. Hearing about new studios is nice.

Shrug.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I am replying to someone who said they are enjoying total silence from Sony. No communication..nothing.

Disagree strongly. I have multiple consoles and am not aligned to anyone. Hearing about new software features is nice. Hearing about new studios is nice.

Shrug.
I assume you also like to hear about new games right? Or just studios and features? Because when it comes to games...
Dreams is going through a beta now.
Days Gone is close to release.
And we still have:
Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us Part 2
Death Stranding
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Concrete Genie
Erica
MediEvil
Blood and Truth
And honestly my most anticipated (which I doubt is a PS4 game) Project Awakening.
j5hdcho4asn11.gif

And I'm sure I forgot a few.

Oct 25, 2017
One of the most requested features is coming to PS4 this year: PSN name change. (or is it there already?)

No need to talk about studio acquisitions if they aren't acquiring any?

Oct 27, 2017
I assume you also like to hear about new games right? Or just studios and features? Because when it comes to games...
Dreams is going through a beta now.
Days Gone is close to release.
And we still have:
Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us Part 2
Death Stranding
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Concrete Genie
Erica
MediEvil
Blood and Truth
And honestly my most anticipated (which I doubt is a PS4 game) Project Awakening.
j5hdcho4asn11.gif

And I'm sure I forgot a few.
Forgot about Project Awakening. Looks awesome. I hope its not the next Deep Down

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
You know what kind of games we need more? Immersive sims. Doesn't matter if it's in space like Prey, cyberpunk future like Deus Ex, or in medieval times like Kingdom Come Deliverance. We (well, I) need more of this kind of games.

My top 3 most wanted genres that Sony should tackle:

- immersive sim
- GAAS shooter like Division, Anthem, Warframe
- erhm... I don't know what else I would want

Oct 27, 2017
2019 will really be an amazing year for me. I love games that have a cute artistic style and unique gameplay. Those games are usually not super popular but i love them so much. Games i look forward the most:

- Dreams : the beta is amazing and i cant wait to have the full game. The Mediamolecule magic is definitely there.

- Ghost Giant : I have high hopes for this one. Looks really pretty and cute and its gonna have a Moss/Astro Bot vibe to it, wich is probably the funnest VR gameplay.

- Concrete Genie : Looks amazing, i hope its fun to play. I havent watch much gameplay from this as i was sold at the 1st trailer.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
*citation needed*

They post on the blog regularly, they tweet regularly, they have been releasing games and providing updates for their games, they have been providing press releases in regards to their platform, its games and its services, they are in the process of delivering on a much requested PSN name change feature, and Shawn Layden and others have even been talking about this supposed "silence" and when fans can expect more communication from them, whilst being told they are being silent whilst they are talking. It's sheer madness.

Their upcoming PS4 slate is almost 20 games, and that's before taking unannounced PS4 games into consideration.

Last edited:

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure in a month or two they'll be ramping up Days Gone publicity and start being more talkative from then on about other projects as well.
Sony has a plan ready, we'll just have to wait and see for now. But we know there's much goodness on the way so what's the problem really?
(Something unrelated but at what point can you start making threads on Era?)

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
2019 will really be an amazing year for me. I love games that have a cute artistic style and unique gameplay. Those games are usually not super popular but i love them so much. Games i look forward the most:

- Dreams : the beta is amazing and i cant wait to have the full game. The Mediamolecule magic is definitely there.

- Ghost Giant : I have high hopes for this one. Looks really pretty and cute and its gonna have a Moss/Astro Bot vibe to it, wich is probably the funnest VR gameplay.

- Concrete Genie : Looks amazing, i hope its fun to play. I havent watch much gameplay from this as i was sold at the 1st trailer.

Ghost Giant trailer looks very promising, would like to hear some new infos.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure in a month or two they'll be ramping up Days Gone publicity and start being more talkative from then on about other projects as well.
Sony has a plan ready, we'll just have to wait and see for now. But we know there's much goodness on the way so what's the problem really?
(Something unrelated but at what point can you start making threads on Era?)

You need to have 100 posts under your belt first.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
"What's up with these movies these days?"
"I think there's been too many zombie games this year..."
"Multiplayer will be dead after two weeks."
"Doesn't really seem to do anything that hasn't been done before."

Multiply that with a few hundred posts and we have a review thread.

"Days Gone is a niche game, and Sony will probably close Bend studios soon after release due to poor sales"

Oh wait, we already had that one over here not even a week ago...

The 90s were so fucking good. I miss them a lot.

I miss them as well, man. Not only regarding games, but specially musicwise, the various scenes etc... and the lack of social media and smart phones gave you more freedom, actually.

And people were not obsessed about image, iimage, image, all that shallow pretending etc..

O well, old.man and all that :/

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
ERA's annual biggest flops of the year thread is usually a pretty good sales prediction thread. Everything that people think will flop usually ends up in the top 10 sales chart for the year.

Oct 25, 2017
"Days Gone is a niche game, and Sony will probably close Bend studios soon after release due to poor sales"

Oh wait, we already had that one over here not even a week ago...
Bendoomed?

You know what kind of games we need more? Immersive sims. Doesn't matter if it's in space like Prey, cyberpunk future like Deus Ex, or in medieval times like Kingdom Come Deliverance. We (well, I) need more of this kind of games.

- immersive sim
I would welcome immersive sim.

But I also really like the action-adventure genre that thrives on SIE. Now that the future of Uncharted series is uncertain, I would like to see is an agent thriller, something like Mission Impossible or James Bond. (No, not that Agent.) Basically I want to see a game that shares that same kind of adventure feel as Uncharted but the game's focus not being about seeking fortunes. Mix of Mission Impossible and Splinter Cell maybe. High stakes, time running out, need to accomplish missions quietly (or not so quietly).

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK

Shrug.
The reason I like it is because I know all the great games that are in the pipeline,we all know the generation is winding down and plans are being made.....it's like the calm before the storm......if I didn't have Days Gone,Dreams,Ghost of Tshushima,Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part II to look forward to I would probably want more noise from Sony.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

Shrug.

And this is why I miss the nineties...

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ERA's annual biggest flops of the year thread is usually a pretty good sales prediction thread. Everything that people think will flop usually ends up in the top 10 sales chart for the year.
In reality, it's just the "What I hope will flop because I don't like the game / don't have the console it will be on" thread.
Those threads are always super cringy.

Yeah, our very own ResetEra Sammy wrote that. Cool. And?
On one side you have the company with the GOTY of 2018, the studio of the year 2018 and one of the strongest 1st party years in a very long time, while having some of the best 1st party studios on the market. On the other side you have "Hey, it's me, twitter man. Please be excited."
I prefere the first one.

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds pretty good for Days Gone!

But yeah, the people who think Days Gone will flop are those who are overlooking its potential with the market. You just have to put aside your personal feelings towards it. Heck, I'm not even interested in DG and I can understand that it has potential to perform really well on the market.

This reminds me that I have a thread idea to work on.....

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bendoomed?

I would welcome immersive sim.

But I also really like the action-adventure genre that thrives on SIE. Now that the future of Uncharted series is uncertain, I would like to see is an agent thriller, something like Mission Impossible or James Bond. (No, not that Agent.) Basically I want to see a game that shares that same kind of adventure feel as Uncharted but the game's focus not being about seeking fortunes. Mix of Mission Impossible and Splinter Cell maybe. High stakes, time running out, need to accomplish missions quietly (or not so quietly).

The heist mission at the auction early on in U4 gave me those vibes as well.

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony studios which had metascore 90+ games this gen:

Naughty Dog
The Last of Us Remastered - 95
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 93

SIE Santa Monica Studio
God of War - 94

SIE Japan Studio
Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 90

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

- immersive sim
What Sony needs is a MWH/ Freedom Wars style of game.
Or a game set in the Horizon world with multiplayer co-op, where we can create our characters, customize our armors and hunt Robo Dinos with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.