• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Talim is ridiculously strong now. I really like it.

I fought my first 2B and she spammed some crazy mixup and nearly won. I want to buy her lol she looks so fun but Talim is RIDICULOUS now and I dont think I'd swap my main. If I buy 2B without the season pass do I still get all her outfits/colours?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
She's definitely not broken. It's just players will take a long time to know the matchup as she has too much shite to memorize.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got back from a long weekend work trip... which caused me to miss NEC.

Really unhappy with the patch. I won't argue that Azwel was top tier, but looking at major tournament results, other characters have done better. Yet they completely gutted his Ax stance, and now we're getting more nerfs next month. He just needed a slight tap and they hit him with the sledgehammer.

Yoshi is boring as sin (to me), Azwel was nerfed into the ground, and I'm not getting ZWEI (anytime soon). I may be done with the game soon. I'm trying out 2B, but I don't want to waste time learning her only to have Namco drop the nerf hammer on her as well.

...and online still isn't fixed. Really displeased with this knee jerk patch.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The patch did nothing for the online? No matchmaking fix or anything? Is that a patch coming later or something?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Only negative thing I have to say about 2B is she has no great launcher you can just stick out there. Her closest is 3B/3 will get you into a lot of trouble unless you're whiff punishing. She gets a lot of great damage, but all her starters seem risky or require some sorta setup like Soul Charge or full analysis.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Only negative thing I have to say about 2B is she has no great launcher you can just stick out there. Her closest is 3B/3 will get you into a lot of trouble unless you're whiff punishing.

Forward stance K is a safe launcher, no? I haven't played around with it too much, but that's what I have in my notes, which means at the very least it's only i10 punishable (I tested safety against 2B's i12 A).

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Forward stance K is a safe launcher, no? I haven't played around with it too much, but that's what I have in my notes, which means at the very least it's only i10 punishable (I tested safety against 2B's i12 A).

I haven't played with her K from that stance much, ya it might be safe on block but her stance isn't safe correct? I haven't tested it but I'd be surprised if any of the dash mixups are real. Like I said it requires a bit more than some characters who can just hit 3B or some easy LH and go on their merry way.

I'm not complaining in anyway either, just seems to be drawback to using her.

edit: Doesn't her dashing K only launch on counter hit? I know it's the second hit that launches, and it's a frame trap.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played with her K from that stance much, ya it might be safe on block but her stance isn't safe correct? I haven't tested it but I'd be surprised if any of the dash mixups are real. Like I said it requires a bit more than some characters who can just hit 3B or some easy LH and go on their merry way.

I'm not complaining in anyway either, just seems to be drawback to using her.

edit: Doesn't her dashing K only launch on counter hit? I know it's the second hit that launches, and it's a frame trap.

Again, I've only played around with her in training mode for a couple of hours, but my early take is that you can't interrupt stance A off most blocked stance transitions. However, stance A doesn't give you anything. You want to hit stance K or B, both of which launch, and both of which can be interrupted by a quick 2A or something similar.

You basically force the opponent to take the guessing game of interrupting with 2A to avoid the big damage, but potentially getting tagged by stance A for moderate/low damage... or making the hard read on a block instead of trying to interrupt. Super limited play time, but that's my take.

It took me a solid week before I started to really understand Azwel (now nerfed into the ground), so I don't expect to know all the ins and outs of 2B in a day, but that's what it's looking like to me.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
2B, what an awesome character, probably the best character ever put into a fighting game, I am having so much fun playing with her and I love how one of her throws cycles through her various weapons

giphy.gif

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Again, I've only played around with her in training mode for a couple of hours, but my early take is that you can't interrupt stance A off most blocked stance transitions. However, stance A doesn't give you anything. You want to hit stance K or B, both of which launch, and both of which can be interrupted by a quick 2A or something similar.

How bout side stepping when she goes into stance from a blocked string? Ya stance A seems like it should hit sidesteppers, but in my head I see her dashing past you and whiffing. K and B should whiff for sure.

Guess I'll be testing that later.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys, I'm confused. Bought the game today with 2B but she's not on the character select screen. It clearly shows that the DLC is purchased though

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Jesus Christ what's up with people running when the score is 1-1!? Like I can't see the logic man. I gave you a run back, gimme mine!

At least the 2B army doesn't indulge in that from what I've seen so far.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Bought 2B last night. First impression is she's really mixup heavy and has lots of unsafe stuff. Second super seems very useless as it's not even a grab. Doesn't look like you can combo into it at all. Anyone find a way? Other than that, I'm just trying to find her safe moves now and combo potential. She is such a FUN character and I love how much they put into her moveset. It is so faithful to Automata! What are you guys using as a primary launcher for 2B?

Also unrelated but I fought Zeroeffect last night.... Talim mirror match. All I know is he's a really great Talim player on 8wayrun. I lost, but man was it close and probably the funnest match i've ever had!

NOOOOOOOOO TALIM IS GETTING NERFED!!!! NOOOO COME ON https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1075337487533277184

......*Calms self down* I knew that buff was way too good. ugh

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Bought 2B last night. First impression is she's really mixup heavy and has lots of unsafe stuff. Second super seems very useless as it's not even a grab. Doesn't look like you can combo into it at all. Anyone find a way? Other than that, I'm just trying to find her safe moves now and combo potential. She is such a FUN character and I love how much they put into her moveset. It is so faithful to Automata! What are you guys using as a primary launcher for 2B?

Also unrelated but I fought Zeroeffect last night.... Talim mirror match. All I know is he's a really great Talim player on 8wayrun. I lost, but man was it close and probably the funnest match i've ever had!

NOOOOOOOOO TALIM IS GETTING NERFED!!!! NOOOO COME ON https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1075337487533277184

......*Calms self down* I knew that buff was way too good. ugh

Combos into self destruct

LH A+B
LH 4K
LH 6BK
LH 4A at the wall after wall splat. Needs the right angle for it to wall splat

Last edited:

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Thinking about buying the PC deluxe version of this now it's on sale, I'm assuming a gamepad is required? What gamepad do people recommend for PC use? I'm a complete noob when it comes to fighting games so some super ultra hyper pro thing probably won't help me.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Thinking about buying the PC deluxe version of this now it's on sale, I'm assuming a gamepad is required? What gamepad do people recommend for PC use? I'm a complete noob when it comes to fighting games so some super ultra hyper pro thing probably won't help me.
Soul Calibur is mighty playable on a Dualshock 4. Dunno about it on an XB1 controller but I think it'd be just fine too.
EDIT: That is with the required software and stuff to make a DS4 work on PC btw.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Combos into self destruct

LH A+B
LH 4K
LH 6BK
LH 4A at the wall after wall splat. Needs the right angle for it to wall splat

Good to know you can land it from other lethals, a pity most of them are rare to get in a match since they require analysis points. LH A+B is probably the easiest way, I need to start punishing RE and GIs with it and go into suicide. Love the win pose when you win with it.

Last edited:

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday's NLBC was great. An astaroth and an azwel in winner's finals, who beat linkorz and sayne respectively to get there, a good sign both characters are viable. Cervantes and sophitia had good showings too. I'm feeling pretty good about the game's balance right now.

A gamepad isn't required; you can totally play on a keyboard.

I can't recommend a pad since I'm a sick guy, but most people just use standard xbone or ps4 controllers.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Personally, I don't think Namco knows what the hell they are doing. Why even patch the game in December and then do another in January just to nerf things? Makes no sense.

Nov 15, 2017
Really not liking 2B. Her tools are a little too good, and her pressure game is only getting stronger as people realize how easy it is to mixup and get clear. RE is your only hope against her when there's a semi-decent player using her...and I hate that. I hate that just as much as I hate the idea of RE.

Soul Calibur is mighty playable on a Dualshock 4. Dunno about it on an XB1 controller but I think it'd be just fine too.
EDIT: That is with the required software and stuff to make a DS4 work on PC btw.

You need no such software. Steam does that for you with zero issues.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Coming back to the game after a month or so apart, it feels so fucking great to play online especially if you have the trash that is Ultimate's online environment on your mind. Gonna try out 2B later, but is there something worth checking in the recent patch notes? Played a few matches with Xhianghua and she feels as good as before.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
If you're completely new to fighting games, I have one suggestion which might sound weird: use the keyboard. I was using an arcade stick for many years, but I got a bit tired of how bulky it was (I don't play fighting games that often so it was almost always stored away somewhere). With SC6 being on PC I gave keyboard a try and it's actually really good. It's fast and super responsive, and there are no moves in the game which are difficult to execute on keyboard. The only downside with using a keyboard is that you'll be a bit screwed if you visit a friend's house to play the same game on a console.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday's NLBC was great. An astaroth and an azwel in winner's finals, who beat linkorz and sayne respectively to get there, a good sign both characters are viable. Cervantes and sophitia had good showings too. I'm feeling pretty good about the game's balance right now.

I haven't watched yet, but Azwel's nerfs don't impact his matchup against Ivy as much as they do against most of the cast. Being in winner's finals of NLBC doesn't mean the character is still decent. I can still win with him since most people don't know the matchup (which is why a lot of people thought he was OP), but he was absolutely nerfed into the ground thanks to a knee jerk reaction from Namco and the community. The character isn't even fun to play anymore since Axe stance is basically just a 50/50 an nothing more. Meanwhile 2B gets a backdash almost as good as Azwel's pre-patch and some pretty dumb looking mixup options. It's just as bad as the first SC5 patch, although it's unlikely this one will kill the game.

Can't wait until Namco kills off his stance changes as well so we can bury the character for good at the bottom of the tier list. /s

Really not liking 2B. Her tools are a little too good, and her pressure game is only getting stronger as people realize how easy it is to mixup and get clear. RE is your only hope against her when there's a semi-decent player using her...and I hate that. I hate that just as much as I hate the idea of RE.

Don't worry, Namco will toss out a knee jerk nerf in a few months to take care of 2B. After what they did in this patch I almost don't even want to learn her since I can almost guarantee they will nerf her if there's another balance patch after January. She probably won't be nerfed as hard as Azwel, but no way they leave her as is after what we've seen them do in this patch.

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
If you're completely new to fighting games, I have one suggestion which might sound weird: use the keyboard. I was using an arcade stick for many years, but I got a bit tired of how bulky it was (I don't play fighting games that often so it was almost always stored away somewhere). With SC6 being on PC I gave keyboard a try and it's actually really good. It's fast and super responsive, and there are no moves in the game which are difficult to execute on keyboard. The only downside with using a keyboard is that you'll be a bit screwed if you visit a friend's house to play the same game on a console.

Huh, okay... I guess I'll give that a shot.

kaishek

Oct 30, 2017
Texas
Is the game still busted on XBone? I own this wonderful game on PC so I might double dip for some couch practice, but not sure if PS4 Pro or XboneX is the better bet.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Is the game still busted on XBone? I own this wonderful game on PC so I might double dip for some couch practice, but not sure if PS4 Pro or XboneX is the better bet.
I believe xbox online was fixed in the patch, but it might have introduced some performance issues for some people. Not sure if it affects the X or not.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wow so you CAN rank down in this game lol. I can't inagine how many times you have to lose to pull that off.

I met the guy twice and I won all 4 and then I saw him rank down. Maybe he just lost more points cause I was a rank below him. I noticed there's no points loss if you are like 3 ranks ahead.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can't seem to beat the guard impacts tutorial on the single player mode. I picked a Raphael type character and the guard impact blocks high, but the trainer dude keeps throwing out low attacks.

Can I change the guard impact height?