Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Man the salt from people that just want to hate the game in here is real. For the rest of us, let's get this started. A little over a month to go

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be straight up surprised if a Sony first party game didn't have an option to turn off most everything, if not everything on the HUD.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Here's gameplay of the museum level.

Very Arkham.
I'd be straight up surprised if a Sony first party game didn't have an option to turn off most everything, if not everything on the HUD.
Not to mention the obligatory Photo Mode.
Damn this game is gonna be amazing. I expect a lot of PS4 to be sold in September.
Sony should do a bundle with Spiderman+God of War+Fortnite. Every parents worst nightmare
Parents shouldn't be buying their kids God of War.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint is that peter looks weird. But other than that I'm excited. And super glad I can use the classic suit early on and keep it on. At least until I get the homecoming suit.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Recently, not been watching anything related to Spider-Man. Gonna pre-order it soon, just waiting on a decent deal to pop up. This and GoW have made this a great year for Sony already!

Once I have gotten this, I can concentrate my hype for TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
How can anyone be disappointed with 25 costumes...? Are you serious? That's so many.

airjoca

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Like webdrops in the rain...

2581itu.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It looks like it's shaping up to be the best Spider-Man game ever and another fantastic PS4 exclusive.

Loving all the new info, it's pretty much everything I wanted from a Spider-Man game, September cannot come soon enough.

Jokegeta

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Suffer through the first 2 years of the PS4 with fuck all.

Insane that Sony is releasing 2 games this year that would both be record breaking in terms of sales for them.

Ill allow it if we receive games like this duruing the generation. Your first party big hitters should never hit during the 1st few years anyway because of install base tho to be honest. It was a good strategy.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I'll cover some extra stuff I didn't put in the preview, and snwer some other questions.

Wait does the homecoming suit not have the black trimmings? ;-;
It does. You haven't seen what's called the Stark Suit in trailers yet.

What happen's if you fail QTE's?
So that car QTE you've seen? That comes at the end of car chase crime events. I failed the first one because I didn't realize it was a QTE. Spider-Man drops the car on himself and takes damage.

I gotta be honest, the lack of side quests is really killing my hype for this game. The idea of Spider-Man going around the city doing little mini-stories for citizens, the Daily Bugle, things like that - the small time narrative stuff - is the most exciting prospect of a Spider-Man game to me. Collecting backpacks, diffusing bombs and taking down criminal territories just doesn't get close to cutting it. That's just busy work.

What makes it particularly disappointing to me is that Insomniac already showed they can do great, fun side quests like this in Sunset Overdrive. It's why I expected to see them here. It even makes MORE sense here.
There are a side quests.

Oh god there are side quests. Side quests that come with actual stories and aren't just activities that you do, but unique stories that have you doing different things.
Yes. This.

Almost sounds like GTA strangers and freaks style.
Very much so. There's one mission where this lady is a bird-watcher who is notcing something happening in Central Park. This is the mission I mention briefly in my preview where I was chasing a flock of pigeons, because one had stolen a thumb drive.

The suits we've got so far are...

I'll try and whip up a collage of how the suits look so people unfamiliar with them can get a better idea of how they'll look.

Extra bits I left out because I wasn't 100 percent sure: The Homecoming Suit Power I have written down in my notes as "Call Spider-Bro to help in combat". This is not the Holo Decoys, so I think it might be a limited time AI companion that fights with you or mirrors your moves.

The Homecoming home-made suit didn't cost tokens and was visible even though it was at the end of line. You unlock it by collecting all of the Backpacks around the city if I recall correctly.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Alright my hypes too damn high, what are the more negative previews? I already read that Russian leak

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'll cover some extra stuff I didn't put in the preview, and snwer some other questions.

It does. You haven't seen what's called the Stark Suit in trailers yet.

So that car QTE you've seen? That comes at the end of car chase crime events. I failed the first one because I didn't realize it was a QTE. Spider-Man drops the car on himself and takes damage.

There are a side quests.

Yes. This.

Very much so. There's one mission where this lady is a bird-watcher who is notcing something happening in Central Park. This is the mission I mention briefly in my preview where I was chasing a flock of pigeons, because one had stolen a thumb drive.

Extra bits I left out because I wasn't 100 percent sure: The Homecoming Suit Power I have written down in my notes as "Call Spider-Bro to help in combat". This is not the Holo Decoys, so I think it might be a limited time AI companion that fights with you or mirrors your moves.

The Homecoming home-made suit didn't cost tokens and was visible even though it was at the end of line. You unlock it by collecting all of the Backpacks around the city if I recall correctly.
Oh god spidey what are you doing lol

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright my hypes too damn high, what are the more negative previews? I already read that Russian leak
We can get on discord and I can tell you everything I dislike about the swinging momentum and how long he floats in the air during combat. Lol.

I dunno, these threads aren't good for managing expectations when a good game is about to release. Best to avoid them. Great for the team to check in on and feel the love but can be damaging for players with overhype. Just realize no game is perfect and age into a cynical old man like me!

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Watched the Eurogamer preview and somehow I'm even more hyped.

That night-time gameplay...good lord Sept 7th needs to hurry.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Will each suit have their own power?
In our demo, we also experimented with unlocking alternate suits, which you'll be able to craft after reaching a specific point in the story. Each time your player gains a level, you can see the unlock conditions for a new suit in the pause menu. Suits we saw during our session included Peter's Noir suit, Scarlet Spider suit, Secret War suit, and many others.

Each suit you unlock gives you a special ability (for example, the Scarlet Spider suit lets you project holographic decoys for enemies to attack), but once you've unlocked an ability you can use it with any suit.

Suits are unlocked using different combinations of Tokens, which come in many varieties. To name a few, you'll earn Crime Tokens for stopping petty street-level crimes, Landmark Tokens for taking photos of famous NYC locales, and Base Tokens for taking out hideouts where enemies are gathered.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/02/peter-parker-is-spider-man-on-ps4s-greatest-strength

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
This game looks like distilled awesome fun.

Great IP for a great dev , day 1

Pretty confident this will be their most crtically aclaimed game ...early 90's ....think spyro / R&C UYA are their highest to date ? (Off to work, no time to check)

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ill allow it if we receive games like this duruing the generation. Your first party big hitters should never hit during the 1st few years anyway because of install base tho to be honest. It was a good strategy.
Honestly that's why I LL be there day one for ps5 . I know it will be shitty first year to two but I know Sony will come through after that .I just hope to God the bc is there for that first 2 years so I play ps4 games I missed .

Can't wait for this game .day one and I m not even spider Man fan .(well I wasn't even Batman fan and loved every minute of it )