• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
prob maybe because they have a women squad system, in the octo-expansion you know that
Marina went to an academy to get into the top spots in the army, maybe it was an all girl school
This makes me curious if there are squid equivalents to the less humanoid ocarians, like the ones that are just tentacles or the bosses.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's tricky.

On one hand squid makes for great sushi.

On the other hand taco yaki is good festival food.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
SMH at nintendo embracing a race war
I'm octoling since I'm team Marina but I have zero faith that we will win

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Octolings defected less than three weeks ago to join Inkling society

in that short time their first impressions have been

-Capn Cattlefish being racist
-Not being able to buy clothing unless you engage in combat sports
-Illegal child labor in which child soldiers are hired to invade Salmonid country, kill them, and steal their eggs for an unknown purpose
-Bitter fighting over orange juice, where the reward is living sea snails that are visibly terrified that you're going to turn them over to sea urchins to devour in exchange for gambling on clothing
-Official race war
Maybe Tartar was on to something.
How is this not the final splatfest?

Are we really gonna have an idol battle being a more important battle than the deciding who the superior race is?

I won't take this splatfest seriously unless the losing race is kicked out of Inkopolis.
I'd put money on this splatfest having an impact on Splatoon 3.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This makes me curious if there are squid equivalents to the less humanoid ocarians, like the ones that are just tentacles or the bosses.
yea me too, but i think the octi race are broader and they have many forms, of course alot of them are brainwashed and mutated with their technology they use. also we know DJ octavio has a human form when see the old crolls from the first game talking his old squid friend cuttlefish or someone else

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This feels like a Splatfest they are going to use the results of in a future game. Like Callie vs. Marie, maybe this will decide if Splatoon 3's player character is an Inkling or Octoling?

QuadOpto

Nov 7, 2017
This is only my 2nd Splatfest, so I was wondering, why does the less popular team usually win? Do they require less wins to get the battle victory point or something?

I noticed in the last one that I was having a lot more battles with my own side than with opposing teams, does that affect things in some way?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This feels like a Splatfest they are going to use the results of in a future game. Like Callie vs. Marie, maybe this will decide if Splatoon 3's player character is an Inkling or Octoling?
Nah, that would probably be the inevitable Pearl vs. Marina Splatfest. Remember, we still have another year's worth of Splatfests left.

This is only my 2nd Splatfest, so I was wondering, why does the less popular team usually win? Do they require less wins to get the battle victory point or something?

I noticed in the last one that I was having a lot more battles with my own side than with opposing teams, does that affect things in some way?
The one with the most votes typically have to fight themselves, leading to meaningless victories.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the final splatfest is Off the Hook vs Squid Sisters personally.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The theory is that the more popular groups tend to get weighed down with more casual, less skilled players who pop in for a few matches, lose, and go about their day, while the smaller group tends to stick with the splatfest longer and play better as a result.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to pick Octoling, but I'm getting pretty tired of always being on the losing side. Do I stick with my girl Marina one last time, or pick the winners for once?

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
One more question:

What time and date range do these run through?

Like, will it start Friday night at midnight and run through Saturday night at midnight or something?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One more question:

What time and date range do these run through?

Like, will it start Friday night at midnight and run through Saturday night at midnight or something?
Depends on your timezone, but they run from Midnight on Friday EST to Midnight on Saturday EST. They're always on Saturdays, once a month.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
It's going to be so weird when they have the winner and say they are now legally better than the loser.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Neat that non-expansion owners become octolings when they support that team

but it'd be neater if we had octolings and inklings supporting either side

I wonder what the banter between Pearl and Marina is like...

Oct 25, 2017

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day

I should not have Google Imaged Marina at work.

RACE WAR!!!

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why? What could possibly go wrong with looking up a character from a Nintendo game in-

*Searches Marina at work

....oh.
If you're going to image search pretty much any female Nintendo character (or any fictional character for that matter) you'd better make sure your search engine isn't Bing.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Octolings defected less than three weeks ago to join Inkling society

in that short time their first impressions have been

-Capn Cattlefish being racist
-Not being able to buy clothing unless you engage in combat sports
-Illegal child labor in which child soldiers are hired to invade Salmonid country, kill them, and steal their eggs for an unknown purpose
-Bitter fighting over orange juice, where the reward is living sea snails that are visibly terrified that you're going to turn them over to sea urchins to devour in exchange for gambling on clothing
-Official race war
Thats just how it is on this fuck of a earth

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, octolings don't have as much of a unique identity as I would've liked, outside of dressing more PG-13. But real life octopuses are way cooler than squids, so I'll support my octo brethren (We'll probably lose tho).

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I want to join Octo just because
that horribly difficult final Octo Expansion fight that I miraculously beat after hours of retrying
made me hate squids forever. That is a real spoiler tag FYI.

Oct 25, 2017
Warming up for the race war. Been playing for 40 minutes on Turf War, haven't lost a game.

And of course they stick me with a level 3 right as I say that. Streak over. :(

OryoN

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Everybody is gonna jump on the octo wagon because it's new.

Time to the join the Squid Squad and end them all.

That's the same way I feel. I've always wanted to support Octolings, but since the expansion, it feels like everyone's on that wagon now, so I'd gladly rep for the aquatic OG.

Squid Life!