• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So who is stronger? Odin or Zeus?
I wouldn't know, but if I had to wager, I'd say Odin because of his seidr magic (remember, he's so proficient with it that he turned it against Freya, the one who taught it to him and is known for her powerful seidr magic that's notable even amongst the Vanir) and all the knowledge he's accumulated.
So Thor will definitely be involved in the sequel, but do you think they'll save Odin for III?
Very likely. On top of that, Fimbulwinter could be the setting for the next game, with Ragnarök in the third. Considering Odin's paranoia, I doubt he'd reveal himself until Ragnarök finally happens.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silly question but how much harder if the Valkyrie queen?

Because I am kinda steam rolling the rest of them

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Doing the 6 trials at lvl 9 on GMGoW with axe damage+

Feels like such a boss.

50 enemies killed? Pshhh I'm gonna go for a 100

This game!!!!!!!

funky dependa on what level you are playing. Anything below challenge is kinda easy. On GMGOW she's a boss, no matter what level you are.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
0M18eLA.gif

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It is. In my experience, this is the only combo where the holding R2 launcher attack will look different.
Yes, R2, R2 then hold R2 to go into the launcher, he basically cancels the standard R2 finish to do the launch attack, the launcher has a different animation than if you just hold R2.
Ooh, cool! Did not know that. Gonna have to try that out next time once I get the Blades again.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like its the same or similar animation as the final R1 in the long R1 combo, and I think it pushes enemies back instead of launching them upwards as well.

Nice, I'm just building up to that now. Same difficulty.

She's still hard AF even at Level 9. Took me 4 or 5 tries.

One run I had her down to her final health segment but I got nervous and basically made like 10 major mistakes in a row before I died ;_;

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silly question, but when did they confirm a trilogy?
When Cory himself said he has plans for five more games. Five probably was an exaggeration, but I do expect at least one or two more set in Norse mythology. I suspect Faye's reveal will be special. I really love how her character was described in this game. Everyone loved her and described her as a true warrior. Thor was also getting very annoyed at not being able to find her and he wanted to fight her.

Faye not being revealed in this game has me thinking they're still finalizing an amazing design for her and that she'll be playable when it's time to tell her story.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Talking about Ragnarök...

Are there 2 different prophecy's about it?

The first one Mimir is talking about all the time with the world serpent going back in time and all... And now the 2nd one, which involves Kratos and Atreus we have seen in Jötunheim?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Talking about Ragnarök...

Are there 2 different prophecy's about it?

The first one Mimir is talking about all the time with the world serpent going back in time and all... And now the 2nd one, which involves Kratos and Atreus we have seen in Jötunheim?
There could be a second prophecy about Ragnarök, but it wouldn't be the mural we saw in Jötunheim. That was simply of Atreus and Kratos' journey, not Ragnarök. The one about Ragnarök was seen by Gròa, and later Odin, after he killed her.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There could be a second prophecy about Ragnarök, but it wouldn't be the mural we saw in Jötunheim. That was simply of Atreus and Kratos' journey, not Ragnarök. The one about Ragnarök was seen by Gròa, and later Odin, after he killed her.

Still the Ragnarök now happens 100 years too early according to Mimir.

So maybe the time traveling come into the play and the Ragnarök wchich will happen now is different to the version Odin and Co fear about... And maybe Feya have seen this version now

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Still the Ragnarök now happens 100 years too early according to Mimir.

So maybe the time traveling come into the play and the Ragnarök wchich will happen now is different to the version Odin and Co fear about... And maybe Feya have seen this version now
You're right about that. The Ragnarök they know about could not come to pass. I never said anything against that, though, just answering your question about the known prophecies.

I don't think Freya would have seen it, though... It's not like she has prophetic vision like Faye does. Not that we know of, anyway.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're right about that. The Ragnarök they know about could not come to pass. I never said anything against that, though, just answering your question about the known prophecies.

I don't think Freya would have seen it, though... It's not like she has prophetic vision like Faye does. Not that we know of, anyway.

Hmm you are right... But damn is this game interesting...

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does Mimir doing his speeches says something about Jötunheim and why all giants are dead there as well`?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone help me out. I'm on Sigrun on Hard, and the only reason she keeps beating me is because there's this jump in the air and stomp ok my neck move she does that I simply am not able to react to quick enough.

Unlike the other Valkyries she doesn't shout Valhalla or anything like that, so I'm not even able to tell when she's about to do it or do a normal jump. Even then, I feel like I have less than a second to actually dodge it, which can't be right. What am I missing? She's also doing it constantly even in the middle of my attacks, but on the YT vids I've watched she barely does it!

Menaged

Oct 29, 2017
Can someone help me out. I'm on Sigrun on Hard, and the only reason she keeps beating me is because there's this jump in the air and stomp ok my neck move she does that I simply am not able to react to quick enough.

Unlike the other Valkyries she doesn't shout Valhalla or anything like that, so I'm not even able to tell when she's about to do it or do a normal jump. Even then, I feel like I have less than a second to actually dodge it, which can't be right. What am I missing? She's also doing it constantly even in the middle of my attacks, but on the YT vids I've watched she barely does it!
This attack is quite hard to dodge, I agree. Not sure how I did it, but just don't let her out of your sight. I think her movement for this attack is quicker, i.e. the animation is faster when she's going up, and you have to dodge real quick. Not too helpful I guess... Maybe someone else will chime in.

Another helpful tip against her is when she's guarding with her wings,
you can double tap l1 to break her guard. Was super helfhel for me.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This attack is quite hard to dodge, I agree. Not sure how I did it, but just don't let her out of your sight. I think her movement for this attack is quicker, i.e. the animation is faster when she's going up, and you have to dodge real quick. Not too helpful I guess... Maybe someone else will chime in.

Another helpful tip against her is when she's guarding with her wings,
you can double tap l1 to break her guard. Was super helfhel for me.

Yea I'm doing the double tap. Actually one of the better moments to pile on the damage.

I think I may have figured out why she keeps jump stomping me. Basically, I think if you do too many specials up close and personal, she does it, and if she's at too long a range she eventually also does it.

The trick seems to be to constantly keep her at a medium distance, and keep attacking with a mix of standard attack combos, using runes only now and again, instead of all in one go (eg if I do Atreus Wolves, plus arrows, plus one too many runes, she auto jump stomps mid move, but if I take it easy on the specials, she's less likely to do it).

Last edited:

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Omg I finally did it! Sigrun is down! Plus I got my platinum too! Only my fifth one ever, which should go someway in highlighting just how much I enjoyed the game overall.

Glad I left Sigrun as my last trophy, because my God that was easily the hardest boss I've ever fought. Must have taken me like 15+ attempts lol.

Watching those YouTubers do it without taking any damage on GMGOW, plus at level 1, just proves how much of a massive skill ceiling this game really has, and how much more skilled people out there are at this game compared to me lol.

I'm not even going to attempt Sigrun on GMGOW, I am not worthy. Lol. I can't even imagine Sigrun being harder than she was on hard. She's orders of magnitude harder than every other Valkyrie too imo.

Last edited:

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
I'm paraphrasing here but:

- He tricked a couple of slave giants in to killing each other, they posed no threat and it was just for his amusement.
- He disguised himself, pretended to fall in love with a giantess, had sex with her, used and persuaded her just to get the legendary mead she was guardaging with her life.

Odin is also willing to do anything if it means him getting more control and the power to gain more knowledge.

Both stories are from the Neil Gaiman book if you're paraphrasing from that? Great read, highly recommended for anyone with an interest in Norse Mythos

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This is amazing. Thor Ragnarok style trailer.

Man, that was awesome. I rarely watch fan-made trailers and the like, let alone more than once, but I had to make an exception for this.
Hey, just thought I'd ask for some feedback on gifs. Trying to improve and all. Do you think the GIF size/resolution is fine as it is?
Hmm, well I like them as they are, since the large resolution lets us see things in much better detail, but it is really hard on data. I actually maxed out my monthly data last month because of all the GIFs I was seeing here on ERA, haha. Not that it was your fault or anyone else's. I was the one browsing despite all the GIFs. The size seems fairly reasonable, though, given the resolution and length of the GIF. Your most recent one here anyway, didn't check to see the file sizes of the others before that.
Does Mimir doing his speeches says something about Jötunheim and why all giants are dead there as well`?
I don't recall him doing so, and it makes sense for him not to since he didn't see the state of Jötunheim. What's curious, though, is how he found out Faye's name. Once you return to Tyr's Temple (Brok's Shop, to be specific), he makes a comment on Faye's identity, referring to her as "Laufey the Just." Neither Kratos nor Atreus tells him her name. Although... I suppose Brok and Sindri could have mentioned it. That's not unlikely at all given that they know her and created the Leviathan for her.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Hmm, well I like them as they are, since the large resolution lets us see things in much better detail, but it is really hard on data. I actually maxed out my monthly data last month because of all the GIFs I was seeing here on ERA, haha. Not that it was your fault or anyone else's. I was the one browsing despite all the GIFs. The size seems fairly reasonable, though, given the resolution and length of the GIF. Your most recent one here anyway, didn't check to see the file sizes of the others before that.

Oh okay, that's awesome then, thanks. I'll keep them as they are since feedback I've gotten hasn't really suggested the need to change then. Sorry about you maxing out your data plan! XD

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that was awesome. I rarely watch fan-made trailers and the like, let alone more than once, but I had to make an exception for this.

I don't recall him doing so, and it makes sense for him not to since he didn't see the state of Jötunheim. What's curious, though, is how he found out Faye's name. Once you return to Tyr's Temple (Brok's Shop, to be specific), he makes a comment on Faye's identity, referring to her as "Laufey the Just." Neither Kratos nor Atreus tells him her name. Although... I suppose Brok and Sindri could have mentioned it. That's not unlikely at all given that they know her and created the Leviathan for her.
He is the smartest man alive.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
GMGOW sometimes makes me frustrated with the combat (camera fucking sucks tbh), but most of the Valkyries have been a walk in the park (I didn't even entered Tyr's Temple yet).

I never noticed in my first run but basically the 8 Valkyries are teaching you the different movesets that Sigrun will later used, putting like 3 to 5 moves in each one so you won't get overwhelmed. The Alfheim one teaches us that when she strafes to your left and dash to you she'll use the blockable wing attack, while when she strafes to your right she'll use the unblockable attack. I had to learn this the hard way against Sigrun because I didn't pay attention to this fight the first time lol

Kara and Geirdiful are kinda bullshit though, the first because she never stops spawning enemies (I always try to keep a few alive so she wouldn't raise more but sometimes they were caught in runic attacks), Geirdiful because in rare occasions she will dash you immediately before strafing and you have no idea what kind of attack she'll do, since I died in basically one hit it was really annoying and kinda luck based.

I was expecting them to have a more comple moveset in this mode, so it that part was a bit underwhelming. I know Sigrun has a few new moves at least.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
This person defeats Sigrun on GMGoW using no weapons:

That hold R1 attack does a considerable amount of damage, when I read the title I was expecting the fight to be like 30 minutes like the ones from Souls games when it's fists only, but that was surprisingly fast. I wonder what enchantements he has, I know that there are some that makes bare-handed attacks stronger (max 18% iirc) but I think a got like one or two of those (6% for each one).

Him using the stance switch R2 to avoid that aerial unblockable attack was really cool. Had no idea that move gave you i-frames.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
So Kratos going into the Nordic World changed the run of events and the original prophecy?

Normaly Laufey would have married another Giant and the original Loki would be born - but she married Kratos instead & different Version of Loki got born (half god/half giant)
The Ragnarok is happening sooner - The serpent is Atreus (loki) Son who came back from the Future

Why were the Giants dead tough? Isn't Ragnarok the Fight between Giants and the Asen? Will Laufeys Ashes bring them back to life
is Tyr still alive?

So many questions after finishing the Game, can't wait to see where the Story goes.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know I said I wouldn't bother with Sigrun on GMGOW, but now I really want to. I think I finally have her attack patterns down.

She only does that annoying instant jump stomp attack after select moves. Also, which direction you dodge her rush stab attacks appears to be based on which direction she dashes before attacking you. Also, all this time I was using Atreus to arrow her every time she jumped in the air, but just instantly throwing your axe at her is actually in some ways more effective.

I also realised my set up was all wrong for the fight. I was going for relatively quick but much higher damage runic attacks, when I should have focused on runic attacks with the most invincibility frames only. I also think slow down time talismans (or health ones) work better on Sigrun because they essentially give you far more time to lay on the damage. I was using Shattered Gauntlets which is more attack based (with infinity stones equipped), and on reflection perhaps not ideal since it doesn't do as much damage as you can pull off with a few seconds of slowed down time, plus it doesn't help you out as much strategically.

Anyway, here's hoping they release NG+ soon so I can do it all again. I started again on GMGOW, but I think I'd probably have more fun in a second play through with all my equipment and moves back, just so I can wreck things and look bad ass doing so.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Awesome trailer.

Damn these people make it look easy. Anyone know what Talisman he is using here?

Amulet of Kvasir, slows down time when you dodge at the last second. You get it kinda early in the game, in Alfheim (side area to the right when you are on boat iirc).

I know I said I wouldn't bother with Sigrun on GMGOW, but now I really want to. I think I finally have her attack patterns down.

She only does that annoying instant jump stomp attack after select moves. Also, which direction you dodge her rush stab attacks appears to be based on which direction she dashes before attacking you. Also, all this time I was using Atreus to arrow her every time she jumped in the air, but just instantly throwing your axe at her is actually in some ways more effective.

I also realised my set up was all wrong for the fight. I was going for relatively quick but much higher damage runic attacks, when I should have focused on runic attacks with the most invincibility frames only. I also think slow down time talismans (or health ones) work better on Sigrun because they essentially give you far more time to lay on the damage. I was using Shattered Gauntlets which is more attack based (with infinity stones equipped), and on reflection perhaps not ideal since it doesn't do as much damage as you can pull off with a few seconds of slowed down time, plus it doesn't help you out as much strategically.

Anyway, here's hoping they release NG+ soon so I can do it all again. I started again on GMGOW, but I think I'd probably have more fun in a second play through with all my equipment and moves back, just so I can wreck things and look bad ass doing so.

The beginning was so damn frustrating, projectile enemies are a pain in the ass when you die in 1 or 2 hits, but prioritizing them when you have 4 or 5 enemies coming at you can be hard at times.

Regarding Sigrun one of my favorite runic attacks is Thiazi's Talon (you send 3 vertical waves with the axe), when she blocks with her shield you can use your shield break ability and while she's stunned you have enough time to charge that runic attack to max, from the runics I've tested it was the one that did the most damage. I'm pretty sure it has the shortest cooldown of the heavy runic attacks so it's perfect, though it's only really useful when she blocks.

Deleted member 22901

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
hey folks, I just beat the game and something has been bothering me. maybe it was explained somewhere and I just completely missed it, but what's up with the masks Atreus has to stab to open locks? he seemed to immediately know what to do the first time you encounter a mask chest, so it was pretty confusing to me. was it explained in some lore thing I forgot to read?