FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I'd dig it if they put out a tomb raider collection. Down ports of the new ones would be sweet but a collection of the old ones - or Anniversary etc would be cool too. Not gonna happen I know..

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
I'd love to see if they'd pull a Bethesda and port a game like Doom for Switch, but their game being FF7 Remake instead... (one can dream right? ;) )

If they released a Tomb Raider collection I would double dip in for this. Easily. I'd love to play these games on the go.

OP
OP
Ishaan

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
If they released a Tomb Raider collection I would double dip in for this. Easily. I'd love to play these games on the go.

This would actually be pretty smart, I think. Tomb Raider and Rise separately may not be the best idea, but I imagine a bundle with the two together for $60 would find a market. Both games are of high quality, heavily focused on playability, and are in that range of titles that would look nice enough on the Switch compared to their PS4/Xbox counterparts.

Deleted member 16039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just make a full remake of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates, and I'll be more than happy to double dip.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
SE has a ton of games I would appreciate playing again.. especially if remastered.

This sounds good to me.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
As much as I want TWEWY2 I'm going to miss the dual screen mechanics. They may be able to come up with something else though to replace it.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect time for a remake of the original final fantasy crystal Chronicles with online play

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Its coming to PC though, might not be that exclusive to Sony

This would not be a bad thing give how good the quality of titles we got from them on the 3ds was

PC isn't a console. These games are console exclusives. World of FF is console exclusive. It's also interesting it was announced right alongside FFVII:R, so there's exclusivity there. If that was the case, FFVII wouldn't have been console exclusive to PlayStation for over 20 years now. They also just ported FFIX to PS4... You think it's hard not to port that to other digital shops with the other two consoles if they wanted?

I believe Sony has exclusivity rights over PS1/PS2 era games.

FFVII-FFXII have never come to any other consoles but PlayStation. Those games have been console exclusive for over a decade now. It's Sony's deal with all the PS1/PS2 era Square games since they used to publish a lot of their games and owned a stake in Square. A good amount too. That's why not a single one of those games, Xenogears, KH1/KH2, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve, etc have come out on anything but PlayStation and have stayed console exclusives for decades now. I don't understand how that's going to change after 10 or even 20 years, specifically using reference with FFVII.

I'm expecting the usual spinoffs and 3DS/Vita styled games. Keep your expectations in check people. So, Crystal Chronicles, FFT, Dragon Quest. Pretty much the usual. And NieR isn't a mid tier game? That game had a massive budget because of putting all their eggs in the basket and getting Platinum on board with one last shot to make NieR/Drakengard mainstream.

The next one is already in development and it's full on AAA due to the huge success of the original. Which couldn't make me happier see NieR get a FF like budget. So it's not midtier.

Anyway, TWEWY 2 or a new FFTA would be awesome for Switch. They're long overdue.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
TWEWY2 would be neat but I doubt is ever going to happen.

Still, is cool to know that SE are going to try to get more creative with their releases.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
SE's releases on Nintendo handhelds have usually been pretty damn good whether they're remakes or originals so I'm excited to see what they have to offer on the Switch.

OP
OP
Ishaan

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Which couldn't make me happier see NieR get a FF like budget. So it's not midtier.

Nier Automata's budget is nothing like the budget a Final Fantasy game receives. Relative to Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a game like Nier Automata is absolutely more of a "mid-range" product. That doesn't make it a bad game, or even a not-good game. Automata is, by all accounts, an excellent action RPG. But it isn't a "AAA" game in the way that a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest are. It's important to understand that this is all relative.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

I desperately want this but I also wanted it done right

This game had a special more edgy and fantastical fantasy feel in the 90's that I felt has been lost by the staff making games now...

I dunno if they could capture and emotional and tonal themes that is given in the music and script. I mean look at the mobile version that pushed the damn chibi art in contrast to the game itself (and yes I am aware of the lighter moments of 6)

The remake, if it does happen, has to build on what made this special or im not on board

Crystal Chronicles Collection is what I got out of this.

Dear god YES PLEASE

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'm perfectly fine with the idea of M2 getting more work.

Hell, where's a localization of that Mana collection...?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
It's time
The-World-Ends-With-You-2-character.jpg

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd dig it if they put out a tomb raider collection. Down ports of the new ones would be sweet but a collection of the old ones - or Anniversary etc would be cool too. Not gonna happen I know..
They wouldn't even need to downport them, seeing as 360 versions of both games exist. Just pull a Skyrim and have a version somewhere between the two.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
It does not need to be remade.

They just need to give it the OG translation, the option of the cutscenes from the horrible PSX game, and punch up the sound (it still sounds best to me on the OG SNES).

Yeah agreed

Having the best way to play locked to the DS version of the game is a damn crime. Its so weird how little these classics have been updated for future consumption

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the 1.5 and 2.5 ports. KH3 is UE4 so I wouldn't rule it out completely but it wouldn't come until a while after it launches on PS4/XBONE.

Wouldn't count on the ports either. If there is some kind of agreement between Sony and SE as speculated earlier, the main KH games are part of it too. It kinda makes sense too since X1 didn't get a port of 1.5 and 2.5 and it's getting KH3.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A mix between new games (or IP's maybe!) and re-releases it's a nice situation for Square-Enix. In fact, S-E, please announce a Bravely recopilation for Switch so I don't have to buy it in 3DS!

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They definitely get it. That's the type of third party support that's likely to do well on Switch as it doesn't need to sell millions to break even.

Some AAA ports are nice, but many people (myself included) will buy them in their platforms for the better graphics even if they got a downgraded Switch version which limits the market some and makes it tougher to sell enough copies to make the profits they want.

Developers like Capcom should be dosing the same and porting and making games that make sense for the Switch vs the competition.

Almasy

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics A3 and more Bravely Default you say?
I'm all in Square Enix, I'm all in!!

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
FFVII-FFXII have never come to any other consoles but PlayStation. Those games have been console exclusive for over a decade now. It's Sony's deal with all the PS1/PS2 era Square games since they used to publish a lot of their games and owned a stake in Square. A good amount too. That's why not a single one of those games, Xenogears, KH1/KH2, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve, etc have come out on anything but PlayStation and have stayed console exclusives for decades now. I don't understand how that's going to change after 10 or even 20 years, specifically using reference with FFVII.

The reasons is that portings/remakes would have a small ROI as they are a niche games in nowadays gaming landscape. KH might make more sense and I'm pretty sure we will see something out of it on Switch sooner or later.