• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Echizen

Oct 27, 2017
Bravely Third would be awesome. Bravely Second saw a pretty big decline in Japan coming after Bravely Default, but sales held up pretty well in the West, so I've got a reasonable amount of hope for it.

I also hope we do end up getting a fair number of remakes like the DS got, where they're not the most extensive remakes ever but still have a good amount of care and effort put into them.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Mid-tier Square is the best Square

I'd throw the FFX/XII HD remakes in the mid-tier space too since they don't take as many resources

Omnicent

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I'd love to see a collection's of FFI-VI done via the Octopath engine (they have an engine, so they might as well put it to good use). I'd throw so much cash their way.

Add in Chrono Trigger to snatch my soul

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
FFVI remake using the Octopath engine. Please and thanks.
And yes, mid-tier Square Enix is undoubtedly awesomesauce. AAA Square is a dumpster fire. But so is most everything in the AAA space.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will put the next Nier game on the switch. They could test the waters with a port of the first game. Automata isnt the best looking game on PS4 but it still seems pretty demanding, theres some pretty big frame rate drops in certain areas.

World of Final Fantasy and a sequel would be a good fit to, along with all the FF remasters.

Theaterythm FF, KH, DQ, and Nier

TWEWY 2

Bashful Trey

Oct 27, 2017
Houston TX
Would anyone rebuy Nier Automata on the Switch? Maybe my most memorable game of the year, but idk if portability would do something for me that replaying it on a console wouldn't.

Now World of Final Fantasy? Ports of older Final Fantasy games? YEAH!

Edit: Everyone saying Chrono Trigger... You're so right...

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like ff7r and kh3 is a pipe dream at least until we see what state dq11 switch is in they couldn't get it 1080 on PS4.

Wouldn't mind some neogeo style releases of their old snes catalogue
Taito
Quintet
Enix
Square soft
Lots of great games to put on there

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt we're getting another Crystal Chronicles. Franchise kinda stalled after Crystal Bearers, and I just don't know if the desire or market is there.
that's not a fault of the sub-IP though. the games went in a rather different direction than the original. a Crystal Chronicles 2 with an online & DLC/MTX focus would make sense in today's market

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
that's not a fault of the sub-IP though. the games went in a rather different direction than the original. a Crystal Chronicles 2 with an online & DLC/MTX focus would make sense in today's market
I feel like you'd just do a new IP instead. I'm not sure there's any value in the Crystal Chronicles brand anymore.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Square PLEASE I NEED

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance REBOOT

imageproxy.php

imageproxy.php

tumblr_o4g7go4beG1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

8kZLcI9.gif

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see a reboot/sequel to Vagrant Story. Maybe as a Souls Style game with that crazy equipment crafting/leveling system and a cool political story from Matsuno.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im SO IN for a new Final Fantasy Tactics Advance with that law system and all that

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I like I'm hearing. SE has a great back catalog of games that would be great to see on Switch, but I've also really been enjoying some of their new mid sized games. Can't wait for Octopath

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. Same song and dance every time a new Nintendo console comes out. I'll believe that oh so great promised support when I'll see it.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
All the TWEWY mentions really does make me think that SE and Nintendo were pretty in-sync during the DS days and this statement feels like SE is going to approach the Switch in a similar fashion, especially with JRPGs.

A FF6 remake would be amazing. Also Bravely Default is a series that seems like it deserves to live on.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
If I was going to pick a Square SRPG to go on Switch, I'd go with Front Mission for variety, it's not like teenagers with swords are going to be in short supply.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All the TWEWY mentions really does make me think that SE and Nintendo were pretty in-sync during the DS days and this statement feels like SE is going to approach the Switch in a similar fashion, especially with JRPGs.

A FF6 remake would be amazing. Also Bravely Default is a series that seems like it deserves to live on.

Bravely is dead on consoles because Bravely Second only sold 750k, unlike clear success story World of Final Fantasy which sold a whopping 800k.

Oct 25, 2017
Square PLEASE I NEED

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance REBOOT

No need for a reboot. Tactics A3 would work just fine. It's not like the games are direct sequels of each other. Just the "kid in modernish time is magically transported to Ivalice maybe with some friends" setting is all you need. Tactics A2 had Mewt as an adult in the modern world and that was pretty much the only major link.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No need for a reboot. Tactics A3 would work just fine. It's not like the games are direct sequels of each other. Just the "kid in modernish time is magically transported to Ivalice maybe with some friends" setting is all you need. Tactics A2 had Mewt as an adult in the modern world and that was pretty much the only major link.
Its because Square Talked about a Reboot

"so we want to be proactive in creating new IP and rebooting past titles for that platform."

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
I wish Nintendo would throw SE one of their IP's to work with similar to what they did with Ubisoft. Star Tropics or maybe a Nintendo crossover RPG.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I see the 'no IP off limits' mentioned in the OP but not in the interview quotes specifically. Do we have a source for that?

I think this is important to highlight. This means anything can come to the Switch. The last time that happened for a Nintendo console was probably during the DS boom years.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Meh. Same song and dance every time a new Nintendo console comes out. I'll believe that oh so great promised support when I'll see it.
Being a handheld means it will surely get games(they already have a decent amount announced or already on the hardware) but if you're expecting AAA Square software to come to the platform then I believe you will be disappointed.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
You mean like what they did with the original Super Mario RPG for example?

Yes but maybe give Mario a rest. There are plenty of over IP's to experiment with. When Nintendo hands out their characters, they generally make sure developers take good care of them. It's exciting that Nintendo seems to be loosening the grip on their IP's, as long as the quality holds up.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

I have more games published by SE than Nintendo on both my 3DS and Switch (Switch is actually 4-4). And I love Nintendo games.

SE supports Nintendo, just not using the FF brand.

Oct 28, 2017
TBH I won't mind if they go all experimental mode onto Switch. I want the creativity that lead to the creation of games like Vagrant Story and FFTactics on here!

And I believe Nintendo's much morre linient nowadays with their content to allow the content in said games to remain untouched.

Cid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFT 2 would be a mid-sized game?
I think it would be bigger than that

A real new FFT, not a gameboy advanced style one, would be a dream.

A new Parasite Eve would also be great.

They should start with Secret of Mana Remake or translating the Secret of Mana Collection.