• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Edge_Maverick for noticing this was up.

Q: Why is the balance of your content production account larger now than it was at the end of FY2017/3 even though "DRAGON QUEST XI" has already been released?

A: Development efforts for major titles are underway at both our overseas and domestic studios. We will be making announcements about the release dates of those titles between the end of FY2018/3 and E3.
Q: You set a target development lead time of around three years for your games, especially your overseas titles. How is that going?

A: I believe you will be able to tell how long our development lead times are based on the launch dates we will be announcing for our games going forward. I will say that we are facing less risk of having to engage in re-work thanks to the precision with which we are approaching our designs in the initial phase of each development project. I believe that the development efforts for the new titles we will be launching starting in FY2019/3 are proceeding in line with our plans.
Source: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/18q2outline.pdf

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guess we'll be seeing KH3's release date at E3. Was guessing it'd be around then.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the release date announcement of DQ XI will be before E3 and KH III at E3.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we'll be seeing KH3's release date at E3. Was guessing it'd be around then.
It sounds like we will also get dates for two major Western titles then (Shadow of the Tomb Raider and presumably either The Avengers or Just Cause 4, unless they're being very generous with the categorization of Life is Strange 2.)

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Kingdom Hearts 3 end of the year 2018 probs.....
Ohwell atleast my splatoon and other tattoos will be done by then lol. Might even have my car license by then too.

Already waiting 10+ years for this what's another whole year:P

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I guess that means Left Alive, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Octopath Traveler and KH3 dates coming next

Maaaybe FFVII Remake Part 1? But this one I'll believe it when I see it

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like KHIII is still in the cards.

I wonder about other titles like Left Alive, DQXI and FFVIIR.

And i'm especially curious about unannounced titles, like the obvious FFXVI and Tabata's IP and whatever else they're prepping for.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
tumblr_inline_nvbgflAFXa1rlat8j_500.gif

So so so close.......to a release date.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like we will also get dates for two major Western titles then (Shadow of the Tomb Raider and presumably either The Avengers or Just Cause 4, unless they're being very generous with the categorization of Life is Strange 2.)

Is Avengers that far along? Given all we've gotten is a teaser I wasn't expecting it until 2019 at least. Then again I'm just used to Square's absurdly early announcements.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess that means Left Alive, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Octopath Traveler and KH3 dates coming next

Maaaybe FFVII Remake Part 1? But this one I'll believe it when I see it

If we are lucky, we may get a new teaser for FFVIIR next year with the number 2019 appearing on the screen at the end.

But i am not getting my hopes up...

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In before KH is delayed to 2019 at E3. I'll believe Squenix has fixed their development issues when they show us the receipts.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Seems like KHIII is still in the cards.

I wonder about other titles like Left Alive, DQXI and FFVIIR.

And i'm especially curious about unannounced titles, like the obvious FFXVI and Tabata's IP and whatever else they're prepping for.

- 7r is at best a late 2019 title. My guess 2020 cross gen release.

- 16 no need to announce that, that's probably coming midway next gen.

- Tabata IP's is a next gen title and work on it begins next year.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/2...g-2018/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Nov 1, 2017
I just need Octopath and KH3. SE please don't play with my heart again, you heartless. I never believed in FFVII remake, but these two games feel real. :(

Edge_Maverick

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Btw they sound pretty confident in their next FY releases. It's the third time I think they mention the high-quality of those titles:

Q: You mentioned that you'd be launching major overseas titles in FY2019/3. Given that you will need to amortize considerable development costs in the first year of the titles' releases, should we expect that they will not contributeto earnings in a major wayuntil at least FY2020/3?

A: While there will be amortization costs, we believe the titles will be of such a quality that we will be able to generate ample profits in the fiscal year of their release. That said, competition is fierce in the Western markets, so we continue to face uncertainty related to the competition the titles might face.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if FF7R is being worked on in earnest, or is it just some skeleton crew working on it till KH3 is done?

Anyone know?

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
KH3 will probably come out for next Christmas.

SE will release it next year, whether the game is in a complete or incomplete state..that's my take on it. If they gotta patch or dlc the game to hell.. So be it.

Does anyone know if FF7R is being worked on in earnest, or is it just some skeleton crew working on it till KH3 is done?

Anyone know?

They have different teams, no skeleton crew.

Anyone know?
It's being work on now by Division 1 (Kitase Group, FF13 and Mobius), they were hiring for it when it was announced they were taking over development.

Kingdom Hearts is being done by Division 3 in Osaka.

Last edited:

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Anyone know?

Last I heard they were hiring more staff for it and shifted to internal development. No reason to believe they aren't working in earnest on it.

The team behind KH3 is based out of Osaka so I doubt we'll see them transition staff to FF7R when KH3 is complete. They'll likely continue working on KH related stuff.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Anyone know?
Cyber connect was working on it and one of the square teams, Square didnt liked the result from CC and fired the Company, and now Everything from the development is at Square. They started hiring more people because of the game, but idk the size of the team today, but its a main team not a small one.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Anyone know?

People already answered your question but just to be clear, the team working on KH III is the Osaka team, the same one that developed the KH remasters, KH BBS and KH DDD.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFVII Remake release date before E3 then?

We will see KH3 release date in the event of February, probably.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
KH3 at E3 probably, FF7 remake will probably be missing in action till past next year at this point.
Considering the constant silence about it.