badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
... Kingdom hearts 3 has been in development for almost as long as Versus XIII was.

Nomura, bascially.
i'm pretty sure that isn't true at all. kingdom hearts 3 was explicitly on hold while the core kingdom hearts team was working on versus xiii, so in fact Versus XIII's development is precisely what caused KH3 *not* to be in development.

KH games have been churning out at a reasonable clip.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Hm. So no release date for DQ XI at PSX or TGA huh? :(

More importantly, I'd be shocked to see a firm release date from Avengers.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
With DQXI there probably waiting to be sure when the Switch version will be ready.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
If they weren't going to wait in Japan I doubt they will in the West. Especially when PS4 is by far the most important SKU.

I don't really see then having different release dates for the West for different version maybe Nintendo is involved as well. With Japan as we see right now waiting for Switch version may have meant to delay the game by almost another year. Switch version is still no show.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
'square enix to rework less games mid-development...'

so it's come to this? - getting it right in the first place is now something to take pride in / boast about? smh, se :) ...

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda think FF7 Remake will be on PS5. sigh.....

BUt if they DO it on PS5, I would really hope they do it as the complete version instead of separating as episodes.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I kinda think FF7 Remake will be on PS5. sigh.....

BUt if they DO it on PS5, I would really hope they do it as the complete version instead of separating as episodes.

Every episode will be as big as one of XIII titles, a full AAA 60$ episode that will have 40+ hours of content.

if you want a collection you might have to wait untill 2025 or so.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every episode will be as big as one of XIII titles, a full AAA 60$ episode that will have 40+ hours of content.

if you want a collection you might have to wait untill 2025 or so.

That game is going to be HUGE then.. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I did not know this will be that huge.

halvvapoori

Oct 25, 2017
Amsterdam
Exciting news! Also good to hear about their supposedly better approach towards designing new games, sometimes it's just hard to wait a long time for a game (read: KH3) to come out.
FFXVI LETS GOOOO

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Exciting news! Also good to hear about their supposedly better approach towards designing new games, sometimes it's just hard to wait a long time for a game (read: KH3) to come out.
FFXVI LETS GOOOO
16?
q4JK_f-maxage-0.gif

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
'square enix to rework less games mid-development...'

so it's come to this? - getting it right in the first place is now something to take pride in / boast about? smh, se :) ...
You might be surprised how many projects got scraped or reworked in the middle of development in this industry. Getting things right the first time is not easy.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's being work on now by Division 1 (Kitase Group, FF13 and Mobius), they were hiring for it when it was announced they were taking over development.

Kingdom Hearts is being done by Division 3 in Osaka.

I wonder if CC2 was only brought on board for preproduction and asset pipeline construction?

I guess Shadow of TR and KH3 are for next year, and DQ11 localization