• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Raticus79

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bit of a better angle:
Ap62zsr.png

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to change my avatar to Burny's skull and shit post until people realized it was me. But I thought better of it. Fingers crossed we can keep this one a bit cleaner.

How decent of you to refrain from doing it!

Apart from the comedy value, you'd really be doing unnecessary work. Rest assured that I'll swing by to err... "shitpost" about once or twice a year, unless Star Citizen releases and just so happens to not be the trainwreck I fear it will end up being. :)

Daedardus

Oct 25, 2017

Dontbelievehislies.jpg

So now that there's a SC thread that isn't in a permanent state of burning to the ground, I figure I can move some of the org related stuff out into the public domain.

First, lets get the whole [E503] situation covered:

As I mentioned before, we've gone with [E503] for the Spectrum ID of the new org as a sort of tongue in cheek reference to the server downtime that acted as the final push to its creation. I say final push because the idea of creating a new org was actually something that the core members had been discussing before the events surrounding GAF's implosion. An increasing portion of the larger forum community had become extremely hostile to SC, and frankly we didn't feel that having the forum name as the org Spectrum ID was truly representing us. We might have all come from the same place, but the place itself did not define us. Then there was the matter of accounts that hadn't seen logins for years. Moving to a new org would allow us to shed the inactive accounts while providing us an identity of our own. Originally this process wasn't supposed to happen until closer to beta at the soonest, but the recent circumstances effectively moved up the schedule from "beta/release" to "now".

So yeah, that about explains the rationale behind the migration and formation of [E503]. In a similar notion, we'll not be picking up the "resetera", or "era" name or logo for the org. The org is an independent entity now. We'll continue to pull from the larger community that's interested, but will not be defined by it. As such, first and foremost, we need an official name. (Not a Spectrum ID - that's set forever to [E503], but an actual org name.) While no suggestions are totally off the table, in an attempt to restrict the huge domain of options and play off the "Error 503 Service Unavailable" origins, suggestions following the [E503] S_____ U_____ format will be prioritized. (Hence the current temporary name: [E503] Status Unknown.)

Currently suggested names include (in no particular order):
  • Societatis Universalis
  • Spaceworks Unlimited
  • Systems Unbound
  • Synthetic/Severed Utopia
  • Sanguine Umbra
  • Stellar Union
  • Starwind Universal
Feel free to add to the suggestions and comment on the ones you like/dislike.

Oh, I'd like Star Citera. No, but really, I still think Exodus 503 would be fine, the suggested names are too generic and bland in my taste.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Won't go in the Citizencon thread live, but looking forward to reading every reaction after that :)

chifanpoe

Oct 25, 2017

Apart from the comedy value, you'd really be doing unnecessary work. Rest assured that I'll swing by to err... "shitpost" about once or twice a year, unless Star Citizen releases and just so happens to not be the trainwreck I fear it will end up being. :)
Glad you made it over! Enjoy the mess of a show we know CIG will put out. (3.0 is looking great though)

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I'd like Star Citera. No, but really, I still think Exodus 503 would be fine, the suggested names are too generic and bland in my taste.
Problem with "[E503] Exodus" is that it sounds more like an event than an organization/company. That and technically "exodus" isn't exactly a unique word in its own right. Rather common for guilds and whatnot to use it. Still, like I said, nothing's off the table completely.

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This thread is for project management enthusiasts Burny, an expert such as yourself shouldn't really waste your time here.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
OK folks, lets leave the old crap from GAF behind - especially in here. I'd rather not start heading down the same rabbit holes that got us into the dysfunctional state we were in over there.

OP
OP
Raticus79

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Burny's holding out an olive branch here (thanks), no need to throw it back.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Well it isn't a Star Citizen thread without a little bit of shit posting lol. I know you're just stating your opinions and different perspectives are important in any discussion. My apologies for the crude joke, this is supposed to be turning over a new leaf.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rest assured that I'll swing by to err... "shitpost" about once or twice a year, unless Star Citizen releases and just so happens to not be the trainwreck I fear it will end up being. :)
Please don't, between you and Rubberjohnny. I really didn't enjoy coming in this thread.

It was just too exhausting.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I only just realized the stream is tomorrow. Man why the release day of Mario, this isn't a choice I wanted to have to make. I hope they have it on YT fast because I'm probably gonna have to watch it at the end of the night instead.

Rephin

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, Friday is a real busy day for video games, and I'm honestly not expecting a lot from the Citcon presentation.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
Alderin-Landed-Snow-Shot.jpg

Just to get an idea of a sense of scale, there is a person with a light blue silhouette on a platform inside the open area of the ship. This ship is huge.

OP
OP
Raticus79

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh neat, I was thinking of the "runway" collapsing, but it raises up to be an enclosure instead.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only just realized the stream is tomorrow. Man why the release day of Mario, this isn't a choice I wanted to have to make. I hope they have it on YT fast because I'm probably gonna have to watch it at the end of the night instead.
I'm in the same predicament. LOL.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited about 3.0 and the new org. I wasn't terribly involved in the old one (under a different username, at that) but the game hadn't really started yet so I wasn't sure we were doing anything. I actually like the Exodus 503 name but maybe I just like the biblical nature of it. Kinda implies our scattering out among the stars (or at least moons, for now). Spaceworks Unlimited and Stellar Union have an OK sound to them, as well. Maybe an even better option will come up in time.

I think 3.0 will be out by the end of the year, by hook or by crook. The new delta patcher should be a game changer in that it will be so much easier for them to make fixes/additions.

CIG, please learn from your past livestream mistakes. It's like throwing red meat to the trolls. Simplify!

EDIT: Oh, and love the positivity so far! Hopefully, we can keep it that way.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
The work they've done to make characters walk on slopes and stairs and over debris is impressive. Looks a lot better. It's neat how the character procedurally hops a little to go over small things on the ground; I've never seen that in a game before.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I'm a sucker for the Aegis aesthetics but I hated the Sabre's cockpit. If this new one is decent I may charge my SH to it.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
For a second there i thought we had added CR to our ranks :) Welcome back citizen.
Can't wait to get home and catch up on the panels I've missed.

Last edited:

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Send a join request to the organization im MrAngeal78 on Star Citizen web.

Oct 25, 2017
Double post don't care

LOOK AT THE CENTER OF THE COCKPIT

LOOK AT WHAT ISN'T THERE

THERE IS NO GIANT ORB OF BLINDING BLUENESS

THEY HAVE HEARD MY THUNDER

a76do3q.gif

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This will be archived in Twitch too right? Hoping to watch this soon

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, they are really going for realistic scale. Smile on my face going a mile wide. If I die someone resurrect me so I can play.
I had the same thought lol

Realistic but within logically game-play limitations. In accordance to ATC in real life of course, don't think we'll be able to do all that in this demo. But it seems like they'll allow for far more freedom then before, because of their advancement.

Oct 25, 2017
Random thoughts watching the demo

- Like the new semi-armored flight suit. Visible outer shell along with the base suit. Looks realistic without going full halo suit

- Don't like the look of the Raven, it just looks like it is lacking details that other ships have.

- They little detail to ships are starting to get through red/green formation lights, beacon lights etc.

- Unless it was done by the guy controlling it, it looks there is thrust error in modeling now, little shimmys during acceleration and when tuning it isn't completely smooth. Very good thing.

- The audio is worlds better at getting the white noise of flying, the constant sound of the engines sounds good. Though I think there was a bug early on of getting some hard boosting sounds when making minor corrections.

- The small twirling trails: Good if exhaust. Bad if supposed to be contrails, whacky flailing inflatable tube man funny.

- Don't like the new plotting tool. Even on demo it looked way too time consuming to plot a simple course making it in 3d. Especially intra-system and plotting the short jump to low orbit. Would be easier if there was a list to select in 2D. Took as much time to jump as it took him to zoom in correctly and pick the destination.

- NO 3D RADAR GLOBE

- Cockpit continues to improve, this one was finally very easy on the eyes, plenty of good horizon veiws along with a good HDD placement. Little details like the buttons etc made it look more plausible as well.

- NO 3D RADAR GLOBE

-As far as the flight model, there were some red flags like coming to that full stop in no distance landing the station, and looking extra twitchy touring the second planet. Though it was hard to tell if the dude controlling was able to mask the twitchyness or if there is a tangible improvement to the FM that makes it look as plausible as the dude was flying. Either way, that level of flight is what they should be striving for.