FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm done arguing with you. It's hilarious how quickly you swapped your read of me, from lock-town to lock-scum as soon as the winds moved.
bruh its been 80mins lol

No Vere you don't understand, it felt very wrong (even though Royal had already said the claim was unlikely to change anyone's mind).
shouldnt you been at my neck too?
Also giving Zipped a pass when the last few targets have been pretty obvious is kinda ehh. I assume he got blocked or something in his response to me.
you think town got a x shot blocker? and a switcher?

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe both LP and Shirou can be scum. If they're both scum and they have fake flavour claims of Crusher and Pulaski, I think the game design here is rather mean. If there are 3 scum remaining I think them both being scum is a bit more likely, but if there's 3 scum remaining I don't think town can pull off a win here. It's pretty insurmountable odds when scum control so much of the vote right now. Town is super fractured and scum is absolutely taking advantage.

Here's the different possible scenarios of LP and Shirou's alignments, assuming they are not both scum:
town!LP x scum!Shirou:
Shirou faked a Backup claim. This means scum can see that town is not willing to test LP's claim, so they manufactured their own claim to configure Shirou into a deep wolf. Plausible.

town!LP x town!Shirou:
Both are town, and Shirou put his own ass on the line to confirm LP. Plausible, again. I would do the same thing if I was in Shirou's place in this situation.

scum!LP x town!Shirou:
This feels like a very mean scenario, so I don't think it's particularly likely, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Shirou would be unwittingly supporting a scum!doctor. That feels pretty bastard but I guess it's not "technically" lying to the player, much like how ATP's missing flip when he exited but did not win the game wasn't "technically" bastard either.

My conclusion to this, is that if we exclude the mean scenarios, then it doesn't matter if Shirou's claim is fake or not. It soft-confirms LP either way. If you include the mean scenarios, this game has been pretty rigged from the start towards scum, and after some of the town behaviour we've witness this game so far, I don't think that is a surmountable problem. So I personally am choosing to believe the mean scenarios are not possible. Thus, I am townreading LP. I won't vote there.

I think the remaining scum is Nat, and either Shirou or HP. I will be undergoing the difficult task of re-reading Shirou's 416 posts this day phase and I will try to pull a conclusion from there about how I am feeling about him. At the moment I think he could be scum.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
bruh its been 80mins lol
I'm obviously talking about the time since he subbed in. His first reads list he said I was a strong town read.
www.resetera.com

Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia |OT| The First Duty Of Every Starfleet Officer Is To The Truth (Except In Mafia)

You do know that mafia likely has more than just the night kill right? Because it sounds like you're treating RB as a stop to the NK and that's throwing me off.

This post he says that my actions didn't seem like the actions of a scummate during EoD3:
www.resetera.com

Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia |OT| The First Duty Of Every Starfleet Officer Is To The Truth (Except In Mafia)

You do know that mafia likely has more than just the night kill right? Because it sounds like you're treating RB as a stop to the NK and that's throwing me off.
However if you read his posts today above, he says I was on Blarg "late" which was suspicious. Where did this change of heart come from?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Read my posts Nat. Like this one, my third in the game, where I say I think both Blarg and Royal are scum:

I'm done arguing with you. It's hilarious how quickly you swapped your read of me, from lock-town to lock-scum as soon as the winds moved.
Posting scum reads of someone and actively making moves to get them removed from the game are very different things.

bruh its been 80mins lol

shouldnt you been at my neck too?

you think town got a x shot blocker? and a switcher?
My main reason for still town reading you is your claim. Back up doctor doesn't make sense as a secondary scum role that's meant to look Town. We haven't seen any additional kills to even remotely make that argument. The two scum we've seen had verifiable "town" secondary roles. So if you're scum I think it only works if you just bullshitted that claim outright which if so bravo - it's enough to throw me off.

I'm obviously talking about the time since he subbed in. His first reads list he said I was a strong town read.
www.resetera.com

This post he says that my actions didn't seem like the actions of a scummate during EoD3:
www.resetera.com

However if you read his posts today above, he says I was on Blarg "late" which was suspicious. Where did this change of heart come from?
The change of heart came from a narrowing POE and further analysis. It's almost like reads can adapt over time. Hell, even you went from "miller claim is gud" to "sketchiest thing ever clearly planned by your scummates".

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I don't believe both LP and Shirou can be scum. If they're both scum and they have fake flavour claims of Crusher and Pulaski, I think the game design here is rather mean. If there are 3 scum remaining I think them both being scum is a bit more likely, but if there's 3 scum remaining I don't think town can pull off a win here. It's pretty insurmountable odds when scum control so much of the vote right now. Town is super fractured and scum is absolutely taking advantage.

Here's the different possible scenarios of LP and Shirou's alignments, assuming they are not both scum:
town!LP x scum!Shirou:
Shirou faked a Backup claim. This means scum can see that town is not willing to test LP's claim, so they manufactured their own claim to configure Shirou into a deep wolf. Plausible.

town!LP x town!Shirou:
Both are town, and Shirou put his own ass on the line to confirm LP. Plausible, again. I would do the same thing if I was in Shirou's place in this situation.

scum!LP x town!Shirou:
This feels like a very mean scenario, so I don't think it's particularly likely, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Shirou would be unwittingly supporting a scum!doctor. That feels pretty bastard but I guess it's not "technically" lying to the player, much like how ATP's missing flip when he exited but did not win the game wasn't "technically" bastard either.

My conclusion to this, is that if we exclude the mean scenarios, then it doesn't matter if Shirou's claim is fake or not. It soft-confirms LP either way. If you include the mean scenarios, this game has been pretty rigged from the start towards scum, and after some of the town behaviour we've witness this game so far, I don't think that is a surmountable problem. So I personally am choosing to believe the mean scenarios are not possible. Thus, I am townreading LP. I won't vote there.

I think the remaining scum is Nat, and either Shirou or HP. I will be undergoing the difficult task of re-reading Shirou's 416 posts this day phase and I will try to pull a conclusion from there about how I am feeling about him. At the moment I think he could be scum.
I agree on the scum!LP x town!Fate part, but why do you think scum x scum would be mean? In the end Flavor should be Flavor and not every main character needs to be a Town player in the game.
At the moment I think it's unlikely for both to be Scum, but I'm not excluding the possibility.

vote: FateShirou

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
9RUwICW.gif

you think scum!me would stick their neck out for LP and then fake claim as backup doctor
like i said, i could tell you the inner details of how my role works

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I agree on the scum!LP x town!Fate part, but why do you think scum x scum would be mean? In the end Flavor should be Flavor and not every main character needs to be a Town player in the game.
I believe a scenario where they are both scum would be mean because in that scenario, 2 of the main cast members, who are both doctors, are not the equivalently named Mafia (game) role or rather, not even in the game proper at all. I know flavour is just flavour, but a show with so many options for doctor not having a true town!doctor in the game feels like trickery to me. Like I said, it's still a possibility, but just a rather mean one. I'd rather not consider that possibility at the moment for the benefit of my own mental health.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
wee mentioned something in our neighbour chat about certain cast members being controlled by the Romulans before so I guess if you want to go full conspiracy theorist you could say that any of those 4 scenarios are possible regardless of how mean they are. I'm not a Trekkie, I don't know if Crusher or Pulaski were ever controlled by them.

I don't want any potential information from the chat dying with me so I'll air it all out now if I find anything else of value.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Zippedpinhead are you Ascetic? We never did resolve why BoJack was blocked from recruiting you.

My current theory is that either Zipped is Ascetic, or there is a scum Switcher. They switched either Sneeks or Neki N1 with themselves (or with jman if he was a town miller, which I do not believe but it's worth mentioning). Then on N2, they switched Zipped with ATP, which resulted in a refund of BoJack's shot. A Roleblocker would've eaten BoJack's shot and he wouldn't have been able to invite me into the neighbour chat after, because he was only 2-shot.

All of the scum powers we have seen have been 2-shot thus far. I don't think it's a reach to assume the switch is also 2-shot. If Zipped is not Ascetic, then I think the scum team is out of switches at least at this moment.

wee brought up the idea in the neighbour chat that there could still be a scum Roleblocker, even though town had our own Roleblocker, and I think this isn't a bad theory. I had posted in the neighbour chat that I thought scum having both a Tracker and Role Cop would be too much invest, but it turned out that scum had exactly that. So maybe wee was on to something with assuming scum has both a Switcher and a Roleblocker. This would explain their strong kill on wee despite Zipped's claim of protection. It also means that scum only has 1 shot of roleblock remaining, at best.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Zippedpinhead are you Ascetic? We never did resolve why BoJack was blocked from recruiting you.

My current theory is that either Zipped is Ascetic, or there is a scum Switcher. They switched either Sneeks or Neki N1 with themselves (or with jman if he was a town miller, which I do not believe but it's worth mentioning). Then on N2, they switched Zipped with ATP, which resulted in a refund of BoJack's shot. A Roleblocker would've eaten BoJack's shot and he wouldn't have been able to invite me into the neighbour chat after, because he was only 2-shot.

All of the scum powers we have seen have been 2-shot thus far. I don't think it's a reach to assume the switch is also 2-shot. If Zipped is not Ascetic, then I think the scum team is out of switches at least at this moment.

wee brought up the idea in the neighbour chat that there could still be a scum Roleblocker, even though town had our own Roleblocker, and I think this isn't a bad theory. I had posted in the neighbour chat that I thought scum having both a Tracker and Role Cop would be too much invest, but it turned out that scum had exactly that. So maybe wee was on to something with assuming scum has both a Switcher and a Roleblocker. This would explain their strong kill on wee despite Zipped's claim of protection. It also means that scum only has 1 shot of roleblock remaining, at best.
No as far as I can tell the only way Bojack was blocked from recruiting me was if scum or another player had RB Bojack.

nothing about my role indicates that I couldn't be invited to a chat

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Just to clarify - it's up to the game runner if a roleblock consumes or refunds a shot. I for instance generally always do refunds, others do the opposite.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I finished combing through the neighbour chat. The only other points that I would consider being worthwhile to post is that wee was absolutely convinced HP was scum based off the flavour claim up until the moment she died, and that both BoJack and wee were townreading Ephi along with me. I will say though, that I felt our chat could get a bit echo-chamber-y. I trusted them both to be town and I'm quite confident they trusted me as well, and we settled on similar beliefs for certain players, such as HP, anex, and Ephi. But it's possible that our feedback loop could result in some misreads. That said, despite the mis-elim of anex, other players, such as LP, have stated that they felt it was a good vote anyway, so maybe this is me worrying too much about the possibility of an echo chamber.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i am a doctor
i can heal someone at night with a command
i cant use it to protect a player is an artificial lifeform
I cant protect myself and i cant protect the same player twice in a row

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
i am a doctor
Wait…are you just outright a doctor or are you a backup that only activates if the original doctor dies?

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Pulaski doesn't like Data apparently.

treknews.net

[TNG at 30] Data vs. Pulaski: The Next Generation's Artificial Intelligence Debate - TREKNEWS.NET | Your daily dose of Star Trek news and opinion

Imagine Gene Roddenberry’s sci-fi universe without its famous Star Trek tech. Can’t? No surprise. Techie toys such as the ship’s computer, tricorders, transporters, hyposprays, androids, communicators, holodecks and phasers are as much a part of the iconic franchise as Kirk and Spock or Picard...

This is getting into very bizarre territory for a fake claim.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Shirou is this is a fake claim, I want to take this opportunity to say you are a stone cold killer. Great job. I am immensely confused.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
i am a doctor
Do you get any feedback if your protect fails?

So your claim is entirely consistent with the flavour…

Has any character's flavour not matched up with their role?
Just HP?

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Who has yet to claim? Is it just Nat and I?

I think Vere and Ephi both partially claimed, but their flavour names should be pretty obvious based on their abilities.

I will gladly claim if we think it'll help solve the game. I'm happy to put all my cards on the table.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

I think Vere and Ephi both partially claimed, but their flavour names should be pretty obvious based on their abilities.

I will gladly claim if we think it'll help solve the game. I'm happy to put all my cards on the table.
Well… I honestly think they are both in a game of chicken.

I mean how many empaths are left after lwaxana?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Do you mean flavor claim? I'm Hugh whoever the hell that is.

that activates when the original doctor dies
Okay that makes more sense lol

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Alright let's turn this into a mass claim. Those never go wrong.

I'm Commander William T. Riker and I am aligned with the Federation (Town). I am a 2-Shot Beholder. I garner the respect of my crewmates and as such they will report their findings to me at night.

N1 Yuta targeted anex and got no result. N2 I targeted ATP and got no result.

I tried to replicate a gambit that I implemented in Mafioso, where I lead the scum team to believe my role was more important than it actually was in the hope of drawing the night kill, because I was essentially vanilla at that point. Scum called my bluff this time however and I'm still here with y'all. However, I was telling the truth when I said that my role leads me to believe that Vere's role is actually quite important. There's a lot of invest roles in this game so far, with wee, Vere, Blarg and Royal, and it's possible one of Launch's inventions was an invest as well. Vere seems to be the best cop that town has, with the seemingly infinite shots and wee only having 1-shot, so I feel like his role has some utility in solving the game. There will likely be at least one character who gives "positive" results to Vere's check that is actually scum, just for balance purposes, but I feel like the check on HP indicates a lot.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Oh also we had a bit of fun in the neighbour chat posting gifs of our characters, and this was one of them.
GUY3db5.gif

Yes, this is all three of us who were in the neighbour chat (well not including ATP) flavour characters dancing.

Would I find/make a gif to help "prove my innocence" as scum? Absolutely. However in this case I really did take the gif from the neighbour thread, and I'm not scum.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone in the game happen to know if Blarg or Royal are Trekkies? I would be inclined to believe Blarg is one moreso than Royal based off his posts, avatar change, linking to youtube videos etc. but who knows. Blarg could've told scum!Shirou in scum chat that Pulaski hates Data to add some more oomph to his claim, if so. Sometimes scum claims are settled very far in advance. But like I said, I am very confused regardless. I think I will sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow. I still need to do a re-read of Shirou, as well.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Also, when I said let's turn this into a mass claim, I was talking about my own post. I don't want or need anyone else to claim any more than they have, if they themselves don't want to. Well, except I'd like to see Ephi's flavour claim and if it matches Vere's check.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Alright let's turn this into a mass claim. Those never go wrong.

I'm Commander William T. Riker and I am aligned with the Federation (Town). I am a 2-Shot Beholder. I garner the respect of my crewmates and as such they will report their findings to me at night.

N1 Yuta targeted anex and got no result. N2 I targeted ATP and got no result.

I tried to replicate a gambit that I implemented in Mafioso, where I lead the scum team to believe my role was more important than it actually was in the hope of drawing the night kill, because I was essentially vanilla at that point. Scum called my bluff this time however and I'm still here with y'all. However, I was telling the truth when I said that my role leads me to believe that Vere's role is actually quite important. There's a lot of invest roles in this game so far, with wee, Vere, Blarg and Royal, and it's possible one of Launch's inventions was an invest as well. Vere seems to be the best cop that town has, with the seemingly infinite shots and wee only having 1-shot, so I feel like his role has some utility in solving the game. There will likely be at least one character who gives "positive" results to Vere's check that is actually scum, just for balance purposes, but I feel like the check on HP indicates a lot.
So you're saying when you targeted ATP he didn't move N2? But shouldn't this have made you more sure that Zipped and ATP weren't switched in that case?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
ATP was neutral and thus not a crew member that would report to him?

Seems like a very weak role if true. If you targeted scum you would also get no result?

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying when you targeted ATP he didn't move N2? But shouldn't this have made you more sure that Zipped and ATP weren't switched in that case?
I'm not a tracker. I only see invest results. Zipped and ATP aren't invest roles. I would never see who Zipped protected, or who LP or whomever protected. I used my ability on ATP because I wanted to see if he was a cop or a hunter, but he was neither.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
ATP was neutral and thus not a crew member that would report to him?

Seems like a very weak role if true. If you targeted scum you would also get no result?
If I targeted Royal or Blarg the night they used their invest roles I would've seen whatever they saw. I could've caught out Royal as a role cop, because town would never get that role, for example. The crewmate thing is just the flavour description of the role I'm pretty sure. I paraphrased my role PM.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Cool :D

Well it clears up the borg locutus thing I had.

but hey look at that a Klingon in league with the romulan mafia.

now who said everyone had to be romulan?

Ephidel.

i never once said that if we had a borg scum character it was a cult, I merely presented an option where a character's costume could be a stand in for another character.

i think you spent a lot of effort to convince people that there couldn't be anyone but romulans on the scum team
I did indeed say more than once that the members of a faction called "Romulans" would be Romulans, apparently I made an incorrect flavour assumption. My bad.
Not in that specific quote though. The Borg thing was a joke, evidently I was not obvious enough in my humour.

But I really want to hear from Ephidel why she was so frantic yesterday, and FateShirou why he began discouraging people from voting Royal close to EoD but stayed on himself.

Oh, and Randomless
When was I frantic?

Yeah, I do want to hear her flavor name and whatever excuse she has though.

Gonna put my vote down to summon her though
Vote: Ephidel

Ephidel one armed combat until dawn, did your clairvoyance see this?
I had a pretty good idea people weren't going to be very fond of me today, yes. That's just sense, not clairvoyance.

5Y btw.

My flavour character is obvious because of my role, which I have already claimed.
As such, insisting you post your result first is petty and pointless of me because I think you already know who I am anyway, but eh, I'm feeling petty. Post your scan result first.

If you do it quick enough I'll even manage to get my flavour claim in before I go to sleep, now book club and movie night are done it's 2am and sleep is imminent.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

If there are 3 scum remaining that means there were 4 scum controlling the vote yesterday, and Royal still got voted out. Considering how it was 6 for majority and malus tossed away his vote, at the very least they could've brokered a tie and bought themselves another day.

So out of the 10 people on the 2 main wagons yesterday, one of which was confirmed scum, you think the remaining 2 scum, if Nat and Fate, were bussing.

Royal wasn't a sure thing. He wasn't around for EoD but felt safe enough to not claim. HP led most of the day.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Cool :D

I did indeed say more than once that the members of a faction called "Romulans" would be Romulans, apparently I made an incorrect flavour assumption. My bad.
Not in that specific quote though. The Borg thing was a joke, evidently I was not obvious enough in my humour.

When was I frantic?

I had a pretty good idea people weren't going to be very fond of me today, yes. That's just sense, not clairvoyance.

5Y btw.

My flavour character is obvious because of my role, which I have already claimed.
As such, insisting you post your result first is petty and pointless of me because I think you already know who I am anyway, but eh, I'm feeling petty. Post your scan result first.

If you do it quick enough I'll even manage to get my flavour claim in before I go to sleep, now book club and movie night are done it's 2am and sleep is imminent.
Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Looks like you've mastered the art of misdirection.

I got that you were feeling happy last night. Ironic.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
To add onto the above, I think suggesting there are 3 scum left is very dangerous. It's not impossible, no, but the fact that scum turned up dead means that town got it right for once.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
To add onto the above, I think suggesting there are 3 scum left is very dangerous. It's not impossible, no, but the fact that scum turned up dead means that town got it right for once.
I doubt anyone's going to give serious consideration to there being 3 more scum. It's just not very feasible with 1 neutral win and a 19 player roster.