• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I like how Tom's grown as a character. He's listening to Star more and doing what he can to keep her safe, he sees Marco as his best friend, and he's even willing to look past the kiss, at least for the time being.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I forgot about Eclipsa's husband is basically Trigon's twin brother. Also, Glossaryck is still an ass.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
caught the TV premiere. finale was pretty good, especially "Conquer" which really ramped up the action and drama

been waiting for a big battle sequence with Star in her butterfly form and this didn't disappoint, probably one of the best action scenes the show's produced so far.
Star giving Eclipsa her wand was a good gesture and a great character moment.
not much progress on the Mewman/monster relations plot, but I guess that'll come back into focus in the next batch of episodes, especially with Eclipsa returning with her monster husband
Tom's character development is super appreciated

blessed trio:
tumblr_p6szds7R1A1wlrjn3o2_1280.png

on the whole, I really enjoyed season 3. some weak episodes here and there, but overall a big improvement from season 2 with lots of progression plot and character-wise. season 4 on Disney Channel (in 2019 probably?) should be lots of fun

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot the finale was today when I checked the thread just now. I thank each and every one of you for using spoiler tags. Luckily I only have to wait another hour and a half for the reairing.

Oct 27, 2017
The Divide/Conquer finale was an incredible way to end the season.
I squealed so hard when Eclipsa went all bad bitch magical girl and whipped out those dark spells on meteora. Sooo gooood!
Oh and the fight between Meteroa and Star was also amazing; I wonder if that last big spell that Star used will have any effect on herself...
I also really loved the segments where Moon and Star were in the magical realm; I was kind of on the edge of my seat, like, I knew that Star would ultimately prevail but every time she slipped back into amnesia I was like "Will she do this? CAN SHE DO THIS?!" in the back of my mind lol. It was great way to create conflict.
Also Moon's super exaggerated Godiva hair was a cute little site gag.

The only thing that I didn't like was that obnoxious Tad(???) scene, it was kind of just haphazardly jammed into the episode. Like, who honestly even cares about that character?

I'm very interested in knowing what Eclipsa intends to do with Globgor in season 4. Like I'm sure he'll be happy to see her again, but I have a feeling that he'll have far bigger ambitions than just settling down and raising baby Meteora (what a twist!) once he's decrystallized. :P

Man, I love this show.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
pggeiw.jpg

y u do dis, starcrew? I'm going to be agonizing about this for weeks (god, let it only be weeks).

In other news, Daron tweeted out coordinates earlier in the day (I assume after the finale premiered on TV).
Which led to a comic book shop in Los Angeles where signed Star Vs. posters were being handed out and the first to arrive would receive a special set of cards featuring "The 13 Queens of Mewni".
Twitter user Jacob was the lucky recipient of said cards, with Daron promising more sets would be handed out in other shops in the future, first come first serve.

Fortunately Jacob was able to photo all the cards individually and in hi-res. https://twitter.com/shortnnerdy/status/982758265384681474
Also it seems these new artworks might be included in the Magic Book of Spells that comes out in July, but in jacket/poster form?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Catching up to the show and now I need more Sean GIFs in my life.
Anyone got a GIF of him punching the type writer at the end of the trial?

Oct 27, 2017
In regards to those cards, I love that Mewni is so highly matriarchal that male rulers of the Butterfly lineage are apparently referred to as "boy queens".
It reminds me of how female rulers in ancient Egypt took on male images in art n' whatnot despite being clearly female and very feminine in person.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In other news, Daron tweeted out coordinates earlier in the day (I assume after the finale premiered on TV).
Which led to a comic book shop in Los Angeles where signed Star Vs. posters were being handed out and the first to arrive would receive a special set of cards featuring "The 13 Queens of Mewni".
Twitter user Jacob was the lucky recipient of said cards, with Daron promising more sets would be handed out in other shops in the future, first come first serve.

Fortunately Jacob was able to photo all the cards individually and in hi-res. https://twitter.com/shortnnerdy/status/982758265384681474
Also it seems these new artworks might be included in the Magic Book of Spells that comes out in July, but in jacket/poster form?
I have questions about the Boy Queen. Five bucks says Dirhhennia becomes everyone's favorite girl

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
LOL

Hey now...Princess Ponyhead isn't my fav either but at least she's not a product of awful executive meddling.
Like, she's been a part of the Star Vs concept since it was a webcomic.
Alfonzo and Ferguson on the other hand were only added to the show because the higher ups at Disney essentially forced Daron Nefcy to give Marco male friends.
:P
This doesn't surprise me at all those characters had no charisma at all. But its the first I heard of it, Is there an interview or something she mentions this in?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Dirhennia and Crescenta are the sister princesses talked about in the Guide to Every Dimension book.

eldyqd.jpg

so there's a story there.... really hoping Season 4 ends up going into them in detail
The Magic Book of Spells will probably touch on these more too.

Oct 26, 2017
Whew, what a finale. That final battle was intense and Eclipsa showing her true power was frightening and yet beautiful. She's such a tragic and yet captivating character.

pggeiw.jpg

y u do dis, starcrew? I'm going to be agonizing about this for weeks (god, let it only be weeks).

I was so lost when they lingered on that shot. What is it?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
A boarded up well.

Keep in mind that Moon was able to wash off the dark magic corruption on her arms while she was bathing in the magic pool, the darkness flowing from her location was how Star was able to find her. Seems she still had some on her hands when she touched the lid, leaving those handprints. No idea what it means, but surely it must mean something.

EDIT: an explanation about what Star meant by "Take it!", from Sabrina.

Figured as much.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I've completely forgotten who Jorby is....
Whew, what a finale. That final battle was intense and Eclipsa showing her true power was frightening and yet beautiful. She's such a tragic and yet captivating character.

Hmm maybe the remnants of her exposure to the magic source being on that board will come back in the next season.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I want every main character to take their turn punching glossirick in the face next season.
That is NOT how you try to warn people of a great evil you bald hobo...

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I was kind of disappointed by "Divide" and "Conquer". Mostly about the fact that, once again, Star's development didn't really influence Meteora's defeat. You can make a connection to how she befriended Eclipsa, but they hadn't actually focused on that in a while, and especially not in the episode before the finale or the finale; instead, they focused more on Moon and Eclipsa. Even her time in the magic dimension was just her and Moon derping around until that unicorn sent them away. Star didn't learn anything from the experience, and in terms of story, all that did was explain why Star didn't join the fight.

I also didn't like that they didn't do much to develop Meteora here, basically just having her be a rampaging monster that referenced past events, and now that she's a baby, they probably won't.

Seeing Marco and the others fight was neat, but where's Janna when Meteora was chasing Hekapoo through portals, there was an obvious solution they just didn't use for some reason. Send her through a portal to space or into a prison.

Fight scene at the end was great, and it was awesome seeing Eclipsa finally use magic. Her final attack reminds me of Bleach, when Aizen used that black cube spell.

In the end, Moon is still gone and the status of Star's magic is unknown, but at least she doesn't have her wand. I'm curious about where they go next, but I also hope they don't cheap out.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Started watching late last week and now midway through the second season. This show is at it's best when focused on the monster vs human conflict. Wish they is more than that and less of this love triangle crap. Glad Jenna is getting focus, fun character.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Wait people love those guys ?
I think it's more that people are naturally drawn to characters that don't get any love. Those characters make them go, "Guys, they aren't that bad!" and they feel sympathy for them. Plus, I suppose it's relevant for Marco's character that he has (had) friends who were normal human boys.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more that people are naturally drawn to characters that don't get any love. Those characters make them go, "Guys, they aren't that bad!" and they feel sympathy for them. Plus, I suppose it's relevant for Marco's character that he has (had) friends who were normal human boys.
I don't hate them but i never cares for them

I get the friends angle though I guess

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think they will hint at it later. With Star needing to reach her world but is locked out and must find another entrance, or maybe a villain finding it? Who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting to see where Season 4 heads. Moon is still missing and Eclipsa has Star's wand.
Will Eclispa be an ally in Star's quest to bring monster peace to Mewni? It's clear they've built it up so that she's not evil, just kind of a jerk.

I also heard the series is moving to the main Disney Channel. It might actually get seen.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love triangles suck. Rather have cool magic adventures and plot progression than a "Star is jealous of Jackie and doesn't realize it yet" episode.

Speaking of plot progression,
wasn't expecting an episode that ages Marco mentally 16 years and keeps it that way. What a bizarre yet interesting choice.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Love triangles suck. Rather have cool magic adventures and plot progression than a "Star is jealous of Jackie and doesn't realize it yet" episode.
I like the current love triangle just because it's full of complicated feelings but also acknowledgement of said complicated feelings.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I like the current love triangle just because it's full of complicated feelings but also acknowledgement of said complicated feelings.
This. The problem with most cartoons with love triangles is that they never really address anyone's feelings, and at worse use it as merely a means for endless 'wacky hijinks' with tons of misunderstandings played up for comedy. Star Vs doesn't do that.
So it's probably never brought up again? That's disappointing.

As SigmasonicX said, it's not brought up nearly enough and almost not at all as it applies to Marco's maturity (or lack there of)...

In some ways it makes sense that he hasn't matured. He never had time to, he was always on the move, he was always moving towards one goal and never really spent any time in thought, or so it's implied.

It is used in a few plot related points, like showing how little Marco's parents know about him anymore and explaining why he's a much stronger fighter than he used to be...

...That said... it's really a shame that he doesn't have any emotional marks left on him from the whole experience. Maybe that's partly Hekapoo's magic, but more likely it was a Disney exec making sure things remained "status quo".

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So I finally finished out the season and I am actually surprised at how things wrapped up. I'm now curious where the show even goes from here now that things have been shaken to such a degree. Here's to season 4 being at least as good as the last few episodes of season 3.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
If this tweet is supposed to be taken at face value than it sounds like Season 4 will be SVTFOE's last. Though it's probably best to wait until an official confirmation is made by the network and/or Daron.

Oct 25, 2017
If this tweet is supposed to be taken at face value than it sounds like Season 4 will be SVTFOE's last. Though it's probably best to wait until an official confirmation is made by the network and/or Daron.

Yeah, I've figured for awhile now that Season 4 will probably be the last of SvtFoE. We'd have probably heard by now if we were getting a Season 5 and it feels like the show is gearing up for the endgame with how the second half of S3 played out.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I was surprised when a season 4 was confirmed at all since Disney has been undergoing structural changes in the TV department for a while now and Star could have been lost in the change. If this is true, at least it will go out on an ending instead of being cancelled partway like so many other animated shows.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
it would be a bit sad, but if it wraps up nicely I am fine with that.
the owl show looks nice as well so hopefully that is good.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally okay with a planned ending. 4 good planned out seasons is better than meandering into mediocrity.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The possibility that Nefcy may be ending the show on her own terms hasn't escaped me. Which says to me that she's ready to move on to something else... spin-offs? Something new and fresh?