• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
so i headcanoned that the art of book was coming out so much later than the film because they wanted to spend extra time massaging the narrative of its development but it's already out in one market so... what gives
why is this book out in march/4 months after the film and the other books were same day?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Its so easy to say that now but the end result would be an even shittier movie. Trevorrow sucks even worse
Nah it couldn't have been worse and missing the point than "you're a Palpatine" or Kelly Marie Tran and Domhall Glesson being given shit to work with. Even if the directing was mediocre or whatever, it wouldn't be worse

Oct 25, 2017

^ We really need an extended cut of TROS and put this shit all back in

You can friggin see Vader's castle in the background

I'd love to see one. Not to rewrite the movie, just to see more. See some cuts that might add some context or breathing room to existing moments. Maybe rearrange a couple bits if they're feeling feisty.
You totally can see Vader's castle in the background of that cut shot and it's absolutely weird that on-screen there's almost no context that Vader's castle was where he was at.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
WEE9ngh.png

This is my new favourite picture. Toss the Mona Lisa into a dumpster and hang this in the Louvre instead.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, he tells Kylo that "he is no teacher" and that the name Darth Plagieus has no meaning to him making me think he was like the Sith Dali Lama that practioners would seek out for guidance, not a master/apprentice one.
I love the idea of a Sith Dalai Lama ahah
It wouldn't be impossible but I feel like it would raise more questions and just serve as a plot device. Why not just a holocron from Vader (when he was a Sith) or a holocron from Palpy
I don't necessarily disagree, adding a new character, especially if he "interferes" with the lore is tricky. Impossible to tell for sure without seeing how it would be implemented of course.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Fuck, Tor Velum is real afterall. At least it would've brought a completely new and creepy atmosphere to the franchise :/

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Man. Colins version of episode 9 sounds legit awesome. Way better than the piece of shit turd we got.

Rey building a badass lightsaber that combined her staff and Lukes saber? Yep. Kylo Ren going to Vader's Castle on Mustafar for clues to track down Palpatines dark,secretive Lovecraftian , interesting, Bendu-like master? Yep. A final battle on a changed Coruscant? Yep. Force Ghost Luke trolling the fuck out of Kylo following him around And FG Luke training Rey the way he should have? Yep. Force Gods from Clone Wars series on Mortis? Yep. Rey actually doing something that I've talked about with other Star Wars nerds for years -turning into a Grey Jedi and combining the Light and Dark sides of the Force? Yep.

Fuck Disney and Abrams dudes. Fuck them completely.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Man all this post-examination and post-scrutiny. I think the could have beens are interesting but that's as far as it goes for me.

The trilogy ended and while it was going, between TLJ and ROS I was torn because I felt TFA was such an obvious rehash and TLJ experimented too much and ROS was kinda dumb.

But looking back I enjoyed things in all 3 movies. It has become lionized for me. TFA had a ceremonious portrayal of OT members and TLJ took bold steps in all directions including some prequel era feel and brand new ideas, and ROS is a Blockbuster epic set in Star Wars with a cool final villain scene, interesting implication of Rey's heroism in spite of a negative inheritance and I found some of the dialogue entertaining. Kylo Ren was consistently appealing from beginning to end and honestly, I'm just looking forward to rewatching the Blu Rays.

I hope Disney can overlook the grief, the spite and outcries and just be optimistic about new films. Nothing good comes out of continued damage control.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i wonder what the offending factor in this treatment was for LF/Disney. sure us nerds can pull each other's hair out and scream over this stuff but it's not like either would've changed the commercial trajectory much

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely could have been worse. In no universe is TROS a worse screenplay than Fallen fucking Kingdom.
But this isn't the script for Fallen Kingdom. If the outline we've seen for his script for IX was directed by him, it indeed very likely would have been better than the one we got. Ideally you want an other writer all together but they still chose 'the worse of 2 evils' which is interesting.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
ml8N4zC.png

What the hell were they thinking? This shit is way too cool for Star Wars. I haven't seen any of the sequels and the setting in its current form doesn't interest me in the slightest, but this... this I would watch.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it, that whenever stuff like the artbook or the colin Trevorrow script come out people automatically think 'they looked great they should have used it in the movie!'.

Concept art is concept art and most of it dates back years. There is a good reason it does not make it to film. The grass is not always greener.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I desperately want a twisted Dark souls/ Bloodborne type Star wars game directed by Miyazaki. This stuff is too wickedly cool to go to waste.
EOemkM1UUAAcj1z.jpg

EOegcQkU4AAU-aM.jpg

EOeuhi-UcAITo94.jpg

Bengraven