• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually hate it. She shouldn't be the child of any main character. Defeats ENITRELY the point of TLJ. Fans will try and make it seem like its set up but its a complete undermining of that film. Modern star wars has not being kind to han.
Han and Leia were broken up if this is true. Not like he cheated on her.

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
I actually hate it. She shouldn't be the child of any main character. Defeats ENITRELY the point of TLJ. Fans will try and make it seem like its set up but its a complete undermining of that film. Modern star wars has not being kind to han.
i think one of the points of TLJ was, that the dark side is always lying (cave scene and Rylo in the Rey/Kylo-scene and in the Snoke scene).

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017

I don't know if it defeats the point of TLJ but it certainly dilutes it. Han doesn't have the Force so at least she's not strong just because of her famous parent, but she's not a nobody anymore.

I guess we'll have to see how it's executed. If Kylo really did know all along then it does kind of make sense that he gave her that bullshit about her parents being heartless drunks just to get her to turn, but Rey herself admitted that they were nobodies. I feel like "search your feelings, you know it to be true" is something you don't really fuck with in SW, that felt like a big moment for Rey and this would spoil it.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm for this rumor if done well and can kill Reylo at least, though I can see why people wouldn't like this one. Man, I can't wait to see reactions this December if it ends up happening(or not)!

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so this is the spoiler thread! I wonder why it's so popular right n--

*reads the Rey reveal*

...Okay, fuck you Abrams.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually okay with those spoilers. It helps explain some of the heavy handed "Rey is connected to the Slywalkers" stuff from 7 and also gives a pretty solid reasoning behind why Kylo hated Han.

Rey being a nobody wasnt fleshed out enough in Last Jedi, despite how much I liked the concept of it

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It did seem odd how interested Kylo was with Rey even before meeting her.

"What girl?" in a very furious way. And not to mention in the novelization he says "It is you." when Rey force pulls the lightsaber out of the snow over Kylo.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Abrams in the Vanity Fair piece he worked with Lucas on plotting out the end

Figures...

So Han was now not only a drunk loser but also an adulterer? Ugh...

Sad thing is, I like that other part about Matt Smith being Sheev's host/clone/whatever. But this? Feels like something D&D would come up wi--.

Oh God...

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Figures...

So Han was now not only a drunk loser but also an adulterer? Ugh...

Sad thing is, I like that other part about Matt Smith being Sheev's host/clone/whatever. But this? Feels like something D&D would come up wi--.

Oh God...
Nah D and D has nothing to do with this. Star Wars being a big ol' soap opera is pretty Star Warsy

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It did seem odd how interested Kylo was with Rey even before meeting her.

"What girl?" in a very furious way. And not to mention in the novelization he says "It is you." when Rey force pulls the lightsaber out of the snow over Kylo.
Abrams going to 100% say he had this in mind when writing TFA I am guessing.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Glad I read this. Would've been way more upsetting to wait months and months for this hackery.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hear there's bombastic spoiler y'all are talking about.

I'm not gonna read this thread further, but please give me a yes or no answer.

Does the spoiler involve Rey's family?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
This new leak sounds unbelievably awful

I hear there's bombastic spoiler y'all are talking about.

I'm not gonna read this thread further, but please give me a yes or no answer.

Does the spoiler involve Rey's family?
Yes

You might enjoy the movie now if you get it over with now

Hopefully it's fake

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so let me get this straight based on what I've skimmed

Rey is Han's daughter

But not Leia's?

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, Han is a cheating motherfucker...
images

In all seriousness, if their marriage was ended do we consider it cheating?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Han is a soundrel. He literally left his owife to return to his old life one

WAS a scoundrel. By RotJ he was a goddamn general with responsibilities and a belief in the cause. I know I know, Kylo being a whiny douche broke him, but I still would've thought there were lines even he would never cross. Abrams better have a damn good writer to make this believable.

*Remembers its being written by the guy who gave us BvS*

Hmmm...

I'm just gonna say this right now, if you thought the backlash to the character assassinations in GoT was bad, you ain't seen NOTHING yet...

images

In all seriousness, if their marriage was ended do we consider it cheating?

Did it actually end? Like, in actual divorce papers n' shit? I don't read the new EU books so maybe it explains it there?

Oct 25, 2017
WAS a scoundrel. By RotJ he was a goddamn general with responsibilities and a belief in the cause. I know I know, Kylo being a whiny douche broke him, but I still would've thought there were lines even he would never cross. Abrams better have a damn good writer to make this believable.

Hmmm...

I'm just gonna say this right now, if you thought the backlash to the character assassinations in GoT was bad, you ain't seen NOTHING yet...

Did it actually end? Like, in actual divorce papers n' shit? I don't read the new EU books so maybe it explains it there?

He's literally back to ripping off people when we meet him in TFA and he'd been away from his wife for God knows how long

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hmmm...

As far as we know they never got divorced. This rumor says they had a rough patch about 20 years prior to TFA (so around when Ben was 10) and separated, Leia began training as a Jedi with Luke, Han got another woman pregnant, then Leia and Han made up but Ben took it badly. He started acting up at that point and that's when they sent him off to train with Luke.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As far as we know they never got divorced. This rumor says they had a rough patch about 20 years prior to TFA (so around when Ben was 10) and separated, Leia began training as a Jedi with Luke, Han got another woman pregnant, then Leia and Han made up but Ben took it badly. He started acting up at that point and that's when they sent him off to train with Luke.

...And now Han looks like the second worst father in the fucking galaxy.

Well okay, THIRD if we count Sheev...

Last edited:

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Lol @ the Han character assassination posts.

Now you understand how some of us Luke fans feel.

Having midlife problems is not character assassination. People change, people make mistakes. Did your parents stay exactly the same between the age of 30 and 60? Of course not.

What matters in these new films is that in the end Han and Luke both rejoined the fight and gave their lives for it, they found hope again and went out as heroes. If they had stayed in exile forever and let their friends die then you could claim their characters were ruined, but that didn't happen.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It all makes sense. I don't know if you guys know this but apparently siblings or kids/parents who are separated at an early age have super powerful sexual chemistry if they meet up as adults without knowing who the other person is.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't actually have a problem with Han and Leia having a rocky marriage and him sleeping with someone else during a period where they had effectively broken up without signing the papers. I just don't like Rey being his daughter.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Star Wars is about to go full soap opera where Han cheated on Leia and she didn't know, but Ben caught him in the act when he was young, and that's why he grew up disliking dad and being mommy's little boy. And now he hates Rey because he figured out she's his illegitimate sister. Palpatine comes back from the dead to make the grand reveal that he did it all, somehow.
OOAUqSa.gif

And it will all be filmed in 60fps in 4:3 ratio.

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
More I think about it the more I don't like but again it's down to the execution. At least their not trying to link her to Luke.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
My God.

What if Rey is Han and Kira's daughter? She has the accent and Kira may be a Force user training with Maul. Kira was Rey's original name.

Solo is the key to all of this.

I'm actually beginning to like this.

Last edited: