Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Having midlife problems is not character assassination. People change, people make mistakes. Did your parents stay exactly the same between the age of 30 and 60? Of course not.

What matters in these new films is that in the end Han and Luke both rejoined the fight and gave their lives for it, they found hope again and went out as heroes. If they had stayed in exile forever and let their friends die then you could claim their characters were ruined, but that didn't happen.
People have mid life crises.

Do they also consider murdering their nephew in their sleep? And not making things right after said nephew kill their students? And sit back while billions of people die?

They fucked up Luke's whole damn character and made him as much of a bum as Han.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
dc9c24f9-4e54-4a61-8eef-4005f24bbd40-solo-ew-han-qira-1_3e78e93b.jpeg

It's happening

I kind of liked Han and Kira more than Han and Leia

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rey turns to the dark side and massacres the whole Resistance because unfortunately she inherited the crazy genocide gene from her mom

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Emilia Clarke's Qi'ra comes in at the end to kill Palpatine herself with her daughter Rey and is named queen of the Galaxy.

GOT fans redeemed.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Emilia Clarke's Qi'ra comes in at the end to kill Palpatine herself with her daughter Rey and is named queen of the Galaxy.

GOT fans redeemed.
Really though I have no idea about Game of Thrones but an ending with Rey somehow becoming empress of a new order with something like the Imperial Knights from Legacy would be really interesting

Also, a thought: IF this leak is true I wondered how it would be consistent with what Ben tells Rey in TLJ, maybe it's a reflection of how Ben saw his father. "You come from nothing." "They were nothing but filthy junk traders."

Last edited:

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Omgggg

If Rey is actually the daughter of the mother of dragons. And I can see it from the Qi'ra/Kira name thing.

I can't lol.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
If the rumors are true, and it ended up being Qi'ra...
I'm down if she does ends up being Rey's mother.
I'll be interested to know how Han ended up back with Qi'ra? Pre-ANH? Post-ROTJ?
I also want to see some sort of closure for Qi'ra story after the events of Solo.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be interested to know how Han ended up back with Qi'ra? Pre-ANH? Post-ROTJ?
I also want to see some sort of closure for Qi'ra story after the events of Solo.
Isn't she getting a Disney+ series?

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Se
Rey is 19 in TFA & TLJ and TFA is 30 years after ROTJ so it wouldn't work for pre-ANH.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The "Han is Rey's dad" thing is so incredibly stupid in so many ways and I'm glad Pablo is out here denying it already

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
We have had pretty deeply credible spoilers about him being involved with Palpatines story as a sort of resurrected/vessel for Palps.

I remember reading that just odd plenty sites talking about him not being listed so assume they trying make it a shock reveal. Still not feeling this Palpatine story rather just concentrate on Rey Vs Kylo instead making it about Palp again

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
This rumor, lol. If true it's either going to be the worst thing ever or the best. They really need something special to pull that off.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I'm honestly surprised people are giving any attention to that daft rumor. It's dumb and very obviously not true.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"That said, the fact "they" even touched on it likely confirms it's not it and it's the other thing."

What the hell does that mean? What is "the other thing"?

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb, not happening theory: What if Rey is Han and Qi'ra's kid and was born pre-ANH, but was put in some sort of cryo-stasis (for whatever reason, maybe some Sheev shenanigans).

Oct 28, 2017
Crazy drama from this rumor. I rewatched TFA with this rumor in mind and it kinda enriched the movie for me, to be honest. I don't mind the development at all, really. I think it would only benefit the trilogy for Rey to have a familial connection to the old cast (and Ben for that matter). It would also recontextualize the whole trilogy and give it greater emotional weight in my opinion. I'm not one of these people who would take it as a personal affront if Han had a romance with another woman when things went south with Leia. That's just reflexive nonsense

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Making Star Wars new patreon pod put some details out there. They said they have been hearing two Rey parentage spoilers. One from sources they have had in past be accurate and industry rumors about the Han one and they were not sure who to believe.

He said the fact Pablo commented on the Han one makes that one impossible cause he wouldn't have said anything if it was remotely accurate. So he is very confident the other Rey parentage reveal is accurate. But he said he wants to make sure to dot his is and cross his ts and get more verification before he posts it but that he WILL post it on the site when he has enough backing of it to be 100% sure.

But yes, there will be a big Rey parent reveal in the movie so uh. Prepare accordingly.

Oct 28, 2017
Making Star Wars new patreon pod put some details out there. They said they have been hearing two Rey parentage spoilers. One from sources they have had in past be accurate and industry rumors about the Han one and they were not sure who to believe.

He said the fact Pablo commented on the Han one makes that one impossible cause he wouldn't have said anything if it was remotely accurate. So he is very confident the other Rey parentage reveal is accurate. But he said he wants to make sure to dot his is and cross his ts and get more verification before he posts it but that he WILL post it on the site when he has enough backing of it to be 100% sure.

But yes, there will be a big Rey parent reveal in the movie so uh. Prepare accordingly.
She is a descendant of Shmi

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and he mentioned again an old spoiler he reported and re-confirmed it, that Battle Droids are indeed in the film.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I will accept prequel stuff as long as they don't make reys parentage a big deal. I'm going to hate the film if they undermine tlj like that

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I will accept prequel stuff as long as they don't make reys parentage a big deal. I'm going to hate the film if they undermine tlj like that
TLJ did nothing in terms of Rey's parentage, Kylo told Rey that her parents were no one.
first: He maybe did that to decieve her.
Second: In the eyes of Kylo someone important in the SW universe can be no one!
So it's not undermining TLJ!

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
TLJ did nothing in terms of Rey's parentage, Kylo told Rey that her parents were no one.
first: He maybe did that to decieve her.
Second: In the eyes of Kylo someone important in the SW universe can be no one!
So it's not undermining TLJ!

She herself came out and said they were nobody. She searched her feelings and that was the truth she found, when people do that in SW they are never wrong. Now if the Rey parentage "reveal" is that they are still alive somewhere in the galaxy, that's not a big deal. Ben might have just lied about them being dead to force her to turn, but if she is the daughter of a "somebody" then that goes against the established story.

Part of her journey was accepting that there was no big secret to her abandonment, she was dumped in the desert by her deadbeat parents and they aren't coming back. That's what Maz told her in TFA and that's what she told herself in TLJ. To suddenly turn around and make her Han/Luke's secret child doesn't jive with that, even if it feels like JJ's vague teasing in TFA might allow for it. They stamped on that idea pretty hard in TLJ and it wouldn't make sense at this point. Why on earth would Han leave his child alone in the desert, especially after he split from Leia? How could Luke ever abandon his own child like that, especially as it would have been years before Ben turned and he lost hope in himself? It would require one hell of an explanation and I don't think JJ is capable of pulling it off.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
She herself came out and said they were nobody. She searched her feelings and that was the truth she found, when people do that in SW they are never wrong. Now if the Rey parentage "reveal" is that they are still alive somewhere in the galaxy, that's not a big deal. Ben might have just lied about them being dead to force her to turn, but if she is the daughter of a "somebody" then that goes against the established story.

Part of her journey was accepting that there was no big secret to her abandonment, she was dumped in the desert by her deadbeat parents and they aren't coming back. That's what Maz told her in TFA and that's what she told herself in TLJ. To suddenly turn around and make her Han/Luke's secret child doesn't jive with that, even if it feels like JJ's vague teasing in TFA might allow for it. They stamped on that idea pretty hard in TLJ and it wouldn't make sense at this point. Why on earth would Han leave his child alone in the desert, especially after he split from Leia? How could Luke ever abandon his own child like that, especially as it would have been years before Ben turned and he lost hope in himself? It would require one hell of an explanation and I don't think JJ is capable of pulling it off.
Being Luke/Han's daughter is stupid and i'm sure they won't follow this path, but there are so many other important people in this universe, i'm not going to say Obi-Wan but someone like him can easily be her parent.
Or maybe none is correct, maybe Sheev created her!

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Being Luke/Han's daughter is stupid and i'm sure they won't follow this path, but there are so many other important people in this universe, i'm not going to say Obi-Wan but someone like him can easily be her parent.
Or maybe none is correct, maybe Sheev created her!

Obi-Wan died 40 years before she was born. Rey is not old enough to be his daughter. If she is related to an old character then it has to be someone who lived until at least 10 years after ROTJ. That would surely rule out Palpatine too.

The whole essence of her story in TLJ was that Rey is important because of who she is, not because of who her parents were. She is brave, kind and strong with the Force, that's enough to make her a hero. TLJ made a point of showing that you don't have to be related to an OT character to make a difference, see also Holdo and Rose.