• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
ELca8waXkAMjZMT

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Only 7 more days until I'll be sitting down to watch TFA, TLJ and then into TRoS. Gonna be so hype.
Partner hadn't seen any before so we've been watching them through, RotJ tonight and then onto the prequels.. *grimaces*

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Have my midnight tickets booked, but I'm not yet feeling the hype. I loved TLJ, but I've cooled quite a bit on TFA over the last couple of years. More JJ isn't exciting me, as I'm worried he's just going back to the well again. Hope it's good 🤞

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I'm excited for next Wednesday! Have only seen two trailers (and accidentally saw parts of the poster) and I'm good. Low expectations as I had with both VII and VIII.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
I expect the biggest, most epic space battle on a Star Wars film ever. It will melt eyeballs. Hope it surpasses RoTJ and Rogue One , which are my favorite so far.

That alone will pay for the movie ticket.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I expect the biggest, most epic space battle on a Star Wars film ever. It will melt eyeballs. Hope it surpasses RoTJ and Rogue One , which are my favorite so far.

That alone will pay for the movie ticket.
That Rogue One battle is still ultimate tier for me. I like that movie, but I LOVE that space battle.

If this gets anywhere near R1's battles, I'll be so damn happy.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hope it's good. I started a rewatch of the saga the other day with the first picture (Star Wars [Episode IV: A New Hope]). It's still an absolute joy.

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was one of the easter egg links in the OP (yeah, there are a few in the pics) but felt like sharing it anyway.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Was that CGI Leia? Cause that sure wasn't no Force Awakens unused footage, you can see Rose in the background of that shot.

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was that CGI Leia? Cause that sure wasn't no Force Awakens unused footage, you can see Rose in the background of that shot.
When they say reusing footage, that doesn't mean they'll use the entire shot. What they've been doing it looks like is cutting her out of the original frames and pasting them here.

I do think some CGI is at play, but more to polish it.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's good. I started a rewatch of the saga the other day with the first picture (Star Wars [Episode IV: A New Hope]). It's still an absolute joy.
Best one!

Super hyped myself. Not gonna be able to see it until a couple days after release tho. Gonna try and avoid reading impressions. I feel like it messed with my viewing of TLJ a bit. I kept waiting for something horribly controversial to happen. But nothing did, and I loved it.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I for one am excited to have a pleasant discussion about the film and then we won't discuss it ever again.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i can feel the migraine coming on from people discussing this movie in comparison to TLJ it's gonna be g r e a t

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I really have no idea what to expect from this film.

TLJ didn't really end with unsolved mysteries to look forward to, just that Kylo is mad.

And now apparently the Emperor is back?

I guess no expectations means it can't disappoint me.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
Never been this lukewarm before the release of a modern SW film. I was even pumped for Solo. The discourse has just been bananas.

That said hoping for the best and hoping I have a great time with this one. I liked both TFA and TLJ.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My series rewatch continued last night with The Empire Strikes Back. Man, it's remarkable how that movie flows so quickly from one memorable scene to another. It also stuck out to me that, for all the talk it gets about being the "dark" one, there's a lot of levity and humor in it. Granted, it gets slightly misplaced with 3PO's comments in Cloud City toward the end, but the movie is still an absolutely joy to watch.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I opted to get opening night tickets this time around because I want to see it with that crowd, then I'll go see it with friends sometime later. I'm legitimately excited. They've been cranking out nice-ass posters for this. Shame I don't have anymore room on my wall

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YT link for that Amazon featurette

My series rewatch continued last night with The Empire Strikes Back. Man, it's remarkable how that movie flows so quickly from one memorable scene to another. It also stuck out to me that, for all the talk it gets about being the "dark" one, there's a lot of levity and humor in it. Granted, it gets slightly misplaced with 3PO's comments in Cloud City toward the end, but the movie is still an absolutely joy to watch.
ESB's best strengths really isn't so much that it's darker - in fact, as you said, it's not really that at all. Rather, does the whole "make it bigger" aspect of most sequels and does it well and with discipline. The stakes are higher, the action is a more dynamic (by 80 standards), setpieces, etc.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Empire actually has my all time favorite comedic moment in all of Star Wars:

Status
Not open for further replies.