LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Sir Charles

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Did you all end up watching it? If so how was it? I'm already counting the days until it's on World ๐Ÿ˜†.
My kids exhausted me last night, so I caught the Naniwa Roulette Match and the Triangle Derby League Match between Unique Glare and Classmates. Was really amazing witnessing my first Stardom crowd with cheering allowed and they had an absolute fan favorite start the Roulette match to start off strong. You could tell the wrestlers were really enjoying playing to the crowd more. The Roulette match itself was really solid and a little unpredictable as I kept seeing my picks to win get eliminated. A couple great matchups there that I would love to see become real feuds (Mariah May and Thekla had some great chemistry!)

The trios match was really good as well, but I'm a big Hazuki and SLK fan so I came in knowing I was going to enjoy it.

Hoping to watch the rest of the show tonight and I'll be sure to post some more impressions. So far, so great!

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Held my breath for a few seconds when Tall Saya did that thing (it's obvious what I'm talking about when you see it) she did. I do not want to see that again.

Last four matches were really good. Had a great time but can't say I was blown away.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Did you all end up watching it? If so how was it? I'm already counting the days until it's on World ๐Ÿ˜†.

I'm waiting for it to appear on World also ๐Ÿ˜.
Was hoping to watch the Jan 28 show today but life got in the way. Even missed AEW Dynamite for the first time. Keeping up is stressful ๐Ÿ˜ฐ!

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Next month's Cinderella Tournament participants have been announced. Very large field this year. It's cool that several of the women from the New Blood shows made it. I'm especially happy for Yunamon going all the way from Choco Pro to having a show at the IWGP title.

www.youtube.com

ใ€ใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผใƒ€ใƒ ใ€‘ใ‚ทใƒณใƒ‡ใƒฌใƒฉใƒˆใƒผใƒŠใƒกใƒณใƒˆ2023ๅ‚ๆˆฆ้ธๆ‰‹็™บ่กจ๏ผใ€STARDOMใ€‘

โ˜†ใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผใƒ€ใƒ ๅ…ฌๅผใ‚ตใ‚คใƒˆ/STARDOM Official Web Siteโ˜†http://wwr-stardom.com/โ—†ใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผใƒ€ใƒ ๅ…ฌๅผ้€š่ฒฉใ‚ตใ‚คใƒˆ/STARDOM OFFICIAL WEB SHOPโ—†https://fan.pia.jp/stardom/goods/listโ—†ใƒใ‚ฑใƒƒใƒˆ่ณผๅ…ฅใฏใ“ใกใ‚‰โ—†https:/...

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Next month's Cinderella Tournament participants have been announced. Very large field this year. It's cool that several of the women from the New Blood shows made it. I'm especially happy for Yunamon going all the way from Choco Pro to having a show at the IWGP title.

www.youtube.com

ใ€ใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผใƒ€ใƒ ใ€‘ใ‚ทใƒณใƒ‡ใƒฌใƒฉใƒˆใƒผใƒŠใƒกใƒณใƒˆ2023ๅ‚ๆˆฆ้ธๆ‰‹็™บ่กจ๏ผใ€STARDOMใ€‘

โ˜†ใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผใƒ€ใƒ ๅ…ฌๅผใ‚ตใ‚คใƒˆ/STARDOM Official Web Siteโ˜†http://wwr-stardom.com/โ—†ใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผใƒ€ใƒ ๅ…ฌๅผ้€š่ฒฉใ‚ตใ‚คใƒˆ/STARDOM OFFICIAL WEB SHOPโ—†https://fan.pia.jp/stardom/goods/listโ—†ใƒใ‚ฑใƒƒใƒˆ่ณผๅ…ฅใฏใ“ใกใ‚‰โ—†https:/...
The Cinderella Tournament is my favorite tourney of the year, sorry 5*GP. The juxtaposition of these bad-ass women beating the shit out of each other and then being forced to wear uncomfortable, often hideous dresses is just so ridiculous that I can't help but love it.

Mina's gonna win, right? I really need her to end Saya's reign.

OP
OP
Sir Charles

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
The Cinderella Tournament is my favorite tourney of the year, sorry 5*GP. The juxtaposition of these bad-ass women beating the shit out of each other and then being forced to wear uncomfortable, often hideous dresses is just so ridiculous that I can't help but love it.

Mina's got a ready built storyline with Saya, a new stable with exciting talent and has made great advances with her in-ring work over the last year...

So it'll be MIRAI.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

I like Mina but she's not on that level yet (in the ring). It would be criminal if Darklight Kid, Maika or Himeka aren't singles Champions in next 1-2 years.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Only Mayu has won it twice so far.

nmgncg4yt6r81.jpg
stardom-290422.jpg

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Stardom has a very long line of valid champions for nearly every singles title. I'd be fine with Mina, Kid, Maika, Himeka, Mirai - they're all fantastic.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Why'd they change Guilia's theme? Her previous one was so good.

I took it as their way of saying all of the drama Giulia went through to get to this point was settled so she'll get to enjoy being champion and live for the moment.

Then I saw someone point out Akira Hokuto's music also sounded out of place but is a famous part of her presentation. Giulia is sort of being positioned as a modern day Hokuto so that might be what Stardom is gunning for.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
lol funny you mention this cause I was going to make a post asking if the crowd was allowed to cheer for this one? Going through the matches and still seems pretty quiet. Unless that how Japanese crowds are?
Depends on the events, places, promotions (and mic settings)โ€ฆ I guess. Maybe some people were still a bit shy given it was their first show allowing cheering in a long time.
Bear in mind that the crowds are still wearing masks too.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the events, places, promotions (and mic settings)โ€ฆ I guess. Maybe some people were still a bit shy given it was their first show allowing cheering in a long time.
Bear in mind that the crowds are still wearing masks too.
I heard something the other day about certain rules for Japanese crowds. One of them being fans are not allowed to stand up and cheer. Is that true?

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would subtitle their promo packages before a match, right now I'm watching the Hashimoto vs MIRAI pre match hype package and I can tell it's great, but I don't understand it lol

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would subtitle their promo packages before a match, right now I'm watching the Hashimoto vs MIRAI pre match hype package and I can tell it's great, but I don't understand it lol
They are incredibly well put together. I really wish they would step up with the translations, but I think not even NJPW or other big promotions subtitle the promo packages. It's such a shame. I'm a big fan of Stardom's and DDT's because they can get real heavy going into a big match.

Loving Giulia's new theme song
Same. I've watched that entrance a bunch of times since the show aired and it makes Giulia feel absolutely huge. The old theme definitely fit more with her initial outsider/black sheep spot on the roster, so I think now that she's champion, it was fitting that she have a totally new theme. The theme and her look feel like she's channeling Hana somewhat, but also making those qualities her own, too.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
They are incredibly well put together. I really wish they would step up with the translations, but I think not even NJPW or other big promotions subtitle the promo packages. It's such a shame. I'm a big fan of Stardom's and DDT's because they can get real heavy going into a big match.

Hopefully it's on their list as they look great and yeah didn't mean to call out Stardom when all the Japanese promotions do it.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
going to say HP is trolling because he knows I'm a massive Kid stan ๐Ÿ˜†

but he's right about having missed Poi. Thekla deserves more than she's been getting lately, too. I can't believe they had her drop the SWA belt only to bin it a few months later

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Nah Kid ain't ready yet. You missed Poi too. I wish they'd elevate Thekla to competing for the White belt but it seems they aren't ready for that yet.

Disagree on Kid. Kamitani and Mirai have had huge pushes and Kid is more experienced than both combined. Plus her heel character is the best in Stardom, IMO.

Agree on Poi. She really stepped it up since the Tam feud started but I prefer her and Tam to focus on tagging together for now.

OP
OP
Sir Charles

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
After Poi turned on DDM, she can stick to her idol career and serving as enhancement talent for Rina, Hina or Hanan.

Obviously she's incredibly talented and a future icon, but seriously she sucks and Tam deserves dealing with her nonsense

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I'm trying to watch the latest show and it's taken half an hour to watch 10 minutes. Can barely go 1 minute without it having to buffer ahead, which can take several minutes. PC, IPAD doesn't matter. Changing to 360p doesn't help. I'm in Australia so I guess whatever server I'm on is overloaded. I sent them an email but with the language difference they might not bother reading it.