• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you, if most of you wait then I'm happy to wait also, was just worried about constant spoilers appearing here!

The next show that I might get before they put it on World is the April show (All Star Grand Queendom). If I do get that one early I'll be and I'm sure anyone else will be considerate and put up spoiler tags.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Kamitani vs Sorei was a fun match. Sorei still feels a bit green (couple of great power moves, but some of her offense just lacks impact sometimes) but I look forward to her growth, she's got a ton of potential.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Dana is a great follow for english translations for press conferences and post-match promos

View: https://twitter.com/itsdananow/status/1613668544037756929?s=21&t=n_MIuvEFWw2Adr0eySvV-g

Kamitani vs Sorei was a fun match. Sorei still feels a bit green (couple of great power moves, but some of her offense just lacks impact sometimes) but I look forward to her growth, she's got a ton of potential.
Agree. She's great for where she is in her career, but Ami still has plenty of growing to do. It's great she was given the opportunity to have a big match. She showed up to the occasion as well as you could expect.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Was sick yesterday so I only watched Dynamite. Watched the last 2 TJPW shows today. Seems like I have a few Stardom shows to keep me busy this weekend.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the "goofy Syuri" that everyone said they missed when she became champion? She seems like a different person here.
I've only been watching regularly since about when her title reign started, but from what I've seen, other than when she needs to turn it on for a big match, she's generally a goofball outside the ring. I love when she does the silliest things with a straight face and you get to watch the rest of the roster behind her trying not to corpse. 😆

View: https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1609553150083751937?s=20&t=uq8JsT5x40ocCd0qRKvGIQ

Quick note that Syuri is best friends with Hikaru Shida of AEW fame. Maybe we'll see them at Forbidden Door 2.
That would be a dream match with where they both currently are in their careers

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Just signed up!
After reading the OP, I guess I start with the Yokohama show from 3rd Jan, and these will be new storylines?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Just signed up!
After reading the OP, I guess I start with the Yokohama show from 3rd Jan, and these will be new storylines?
I'd actually recommend starting with the last December show. Aside from the insane quality of the show, it's a good way to see where most of the roster is headed.

The Yokohama show is the start of the Trios league, so it might be harder to follow storylines that started before + the league's drama. It's not exactly a way to "reboot" Stardom for the new year.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
I'd actually recommend starting with the last December show. Aside from the insane quality of the show, it's a good way to see where most of the roster is headed.

The Yokohama show is the start of the Trios league, so it might be harder to follow storylines that started before + the league's drama. It's not exactly a way to "reboot" Stardom for the new year.

That'll be the 29.12 Stardom Dream Queendom event yes?

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Just finiished Stardom Dream Queendom from December, my very first Stardom event, and it was fantastic.

Starting with the battle royal wasn't best as there was just too much to take in as a newcomer, but I'll be good in time. Everything after that was super enjoyable.

Already super invested in February's tag title match - think I may already be the worlds biggest Maika fan :-)

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Just finiished Stardom Dream Queendom from December, my very first Stardom event, and it was fantastic.

Starting with the battle royal wasn't best as there was just too much to take in as a newcomer, but I'll be good in time. Everything after that was super enjoyable.

Already super invested in February's tag title match - think I may already be the worlds biggest Maika fan :-)

Maika is a good choice. I'd like to see her win a singles title in the next 2 years but not before Darklight Kid (which is what I call Starlight Kid since she turned heel lol).

OP
OP
Sir Charles

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA

Maika is amazing! Welcome to the Donna Del Mondo fold! :-)

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
I can't keep up with the content!

Coming to the end of the first Triangle Derby show which was great (and of course Maika gets the pin :-)

I am, however, not in the Donna Del Mondo club - it's early days but I'm a Prominence man.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Coming to the end of the first Triangle Derby show which was great (and of course Maika gets the pin :-)

I am, however, not in the Donna Del Mondo club - it's early days but I'm a Prominence man.
To be honest, aside from the actual PPVs you won't miss much even you don't keep up with all the small shows (same for most Japanese companies) haha
I'd argue that for these, the short videos they put on Youtube might be the ideal way to watch them.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I usually watch 2-4 matches per show that aren't their big shows. I'll watch any Utami, Kairi, Himeka matches for sure and whatever the main event for the show is typically.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
And there is roughly 1 ppv per month correct? Going to try and watch as much as possible of course, but if life gets in the way I'll at least hunt down the Maika / Prominence matches for sure!

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
And there is roughly 1 ppv per month correct? Going to try and watch as much as possible of course, but if life gets in the way I'll at least hunt down the Maika / Prominence matches for sure!

The next one is Feb. 4. They are doing a New Blood event this week on the 20th, but those typically feature the younger wrestlers. Think of it as NXT. They are holding a tournament to crown the inaugural tag champions and have some notable talent on their like Starlight Kid and Ami Sourei. I wait for those to get on World before watching them though.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Depends on the schedule, it's not rare to have 2 (or 3) live PPVs in the same month, especially when there's the opening of a tournament/league (Triangle Derby for instance) or when they're running big venues.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Having just watched the Club Venus vs Classmates Derby match, I have to say, Mariah May is really winning me over. She's definitely still in the rookie category, but she's been getting better with every match she's had since coming to Stardom last month and she's coming off as someone with a lot of potential.

Xia Brookside I am way less sure about. lol

It is so much, but not all of it is essential. I follow some people on joshi twitter like @ScottEWrestling that shout out worthwhile matches on these tour shows. I have watched every tournament match from the last year (and I went back and watched the 2021 5 Star in its entirety, too). Tournaments are fun and Stardom is very very good at them. But just watching PPV to PPV is also a totally reasonable approach. They do A LOT, sometimes more than two in a month, not even counting stuff like New Blood or Showcase.

As for DDM... give that some time, you'll come around ;)

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope my favourite faction Rebel X Enemy wins
no Maya Yukihi slander, HP 😤

Bow down to the Queens.

stardom-alfie-fisher.gif

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno since there are so many talented wrestlers in the promotion, but Mayu is definitely my number 1. I think Saya and Saki would be in my top 5. Apparently people don't like Saya?

I like Saya also she'd probably wouldn't be in my top 5, but top 10 for sure. I've seen some dislike for her on Reddit and I honestly don't know why. i think she's great. I did notice it more after she botched her move and then injured Mina though.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
I like Saya also she'd probably wouldn't be in my top 5, but top 10 for sure. I've seen some dislike for her on Reddit and I honestly don't know why. i think she's great. I did notice it more after she botched her move and then injured Mina though.
Yeah it's all from reddit.

I wish our subscriptions worked with NJPW as well.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Having just watched the Club Venus vs Classmates Derby match, I have to say, Mariah May is really winning me over. She's definitely still in the rookie category, but she's been getting better with every match she's had since coming to Stardom last month and she's coming off as someone with a lot of potential.

Xia Brookside I am way less sure about. lol

Xia spent too long in NXT UK struggling to get on TV but I always liked her. I don't think she's well suited to Stardom. She's good at playing the plucky babyface underdog like Skye Blue in AEW but it's hard to do much selling in fast-paced tag matches.