• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
As someone with PSVR, still left me kinda 'eh, okay'. NMS VR announcement was nice though.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even more excited for that No Mans Sky update. Wanted to play the game in VR. Good to see its coming.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Great for PSVR fans but not much else.

Why is Sony wasting first party efforts on that Jet Set Heroes? It looks awful and there are plenty of low budget indie games that look better. Not really sure what value they are adding there.

As for the format, it's interesting that Sony and Microsoft have gone in opposite directions since 2013. Back then, Sony accused Xbox as just being a bunch of corporate suits with no personality. Now it's all about Phil and the gang at Xbox with Inside Xbox's problem being too much personality getting in the way. Meanwhile Sony's messaging is becoming more corporate and sterile. Only Nintendo seems to get it right in the middle.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
The format was mostly good, if a bit sterile and lacking personality, but the content was lackluster and it almost didn't feel necessary for this to exist.

It's the first of these so they have room for improvement.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Good format. 20 minutes. But one more announcement was missing imo. Something like MediEvil or Kingdom Hearts DLC. But a good start for the very first State of Play.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Fells like that stream wasnt intended for a audience like Era.....quite the different compared to Directs.

They showed next to no japanese games.

This was straight up a video reel they roll off in the background at a Gamestop. Complete with this with them just pushing PSVR hard. I'm happy as a VR owner, Sony has been one of the few big backers in the space.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
The format it self is fantastic. It's just that Sony doesn't want to get my attention with games these days.

VR games focus and the lack of Japanese games combo is just killing me.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Sony really should have had one unexpected thing at the end. Trying to show consumers this new format and having it start without a bang is just....perplexing.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was exactly what I expected so I'm satisfied. I got the dates for Everybody's Golf VR and Blood and Truth along with a lot of other VR games I've been looking forward to. Concrete Genie got pushed from Spring to Fall sadly but that's fine. Some nice surprises with Iron Man VR and No Man's Sky VR. I didn't expect to see the big 3 here. Not sure what you people wanted here.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Format was solid.
- Could be more refined, less of a trailer showcase perhaps.
VR content was great, beyond that was lacklustre.
I very much expect these to get a lot better over time.
For their first outing I'd say it's a B-

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
D2iMICbX4AE-KAc.png

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it. Good pacing, but I would have liked something better for the end. However, that MK11 trailer was actually good. Sony is really saving up the real good updates for something else imo.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was good. I don't own a PSVR but others that do deserve video of upcoming content. Format was good also they should keep using it. I would imagine they would do another State of Play at E3 since they won't attend and do their big announcements then

LRB1983

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Atter that, was State of Play even necessary?. Boring as hell.
I still don't get what was intended with this, lol.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It wasn't amazing but it was good. I liked it.
What did people expect?

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew this would be divisive with that huge focus on VR.

I don't think we'll be getting State of Play speculation threads any time soon. Not a great start to this new format.

Lmao, quit stanning so hard for Nintendo man. It's not like their directs are always so good. Just look at the last one, and the one before.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
ITT:

whine whine whine cry cry cry. jesus christ.

as for the thing - my takeaway is that Concrete Genie looks better than it's ever been. Days Gone looks to be straight out of TLOU so idk how or why Sony greenlighted two very similar games but okay. Idk how they'll affect one another, tbh. MK trailer music is nice, finally. That Iron Man VR has been long overdue.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I liked it! All the trailers upped my hype for their respective games and I think it did a good job of introducing the format

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Sony fans will now have the opportunities to deal with the two most status Nintendo fans have been dealing with for years: pre-presentation hype and post-presentation depression.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious how upset some people are over this. Like...did you fuck expect them to show all their heavy hitters when e3 isn't that far away? I know they aren't attending, but get a grip.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
this was fun actually. they nailed the format and the pacing, which is what that is important.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
new games are bolded

----------------------------------
State of Play 25. March
----------------------------------

Iron Man VR - trailer, 2019, Camouflaj
No Man's Sky Beyond - VR mode [looks like full game in VR]
Ready Set Heroes, VR, 2019
Blood and Truth, VR, 28 May
Five Nights at Freddy's VR, Spring 2019
VR game montage

Crash Team Racing - trailer, June 21st
Observation, 21 May, SF thriller
Concrete Genie, Fall 2019, VR mode included
Days Gone, story trailer
Mortal Kombat 11, new trailer

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Sony's E3 died for this. I'm fine with the format, but you gotta have something substantial to show for an event next time Sony!