• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
putting a too big focus on VR, Multiplayer games and indies.

I buy a console for AAA Single Player Story driven games like The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War etc.

lol shut up. jesus. they'll lose money from you because they didn't show TLOU2?

newsflash: people don't just buy a console for AAA Single PLayer Story Driven shit. It is perfectly okay to have a showcase for other games. Your shit has already been marketed to death and beyond.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Met my (low) expectations.

My biggest take-away is that I completely forgot that Concrete Genie and Blood & Truth were announced before today.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It exactly met the expectations I had.

It was shorter than I would have liked. I loved the format (basically just an even more straightforward Nintendo Direct).

Hopefuly they'll do one closer to E3 that is longer and has more meaningful announcements.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
That State of Play reminded me of how I felt when Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale was still around. It's like Smash Bros., but not as good. It's like a Nintendo Direct, but not as good.

Nov 18, 2018
I like the format but it was a bit underwhelming, mainly due to the VR focus. Still, I liked the Concrete Genie and Days Gone trailers and I'll tune into the next one whenever that will be.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was underwhelming and boring. Days Gone looks to be an generic R1 zombie simulator.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I expected nothing and was still let down really hard. Particularly as someone who has no interest in VR.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Can't fucking wait for all the new PSVR games to hit shelves. Lovely stuff.
Also hugely disappointed at no PS6 announcement.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Fucking VR"
Almost like Sony is trying to sell their PSVR headset.

I see, but why not? Sony is not doing E3 and they didn't specificy that State of Play is 50% indie games, 40% VR games and 10% Days Gone.
Unless I missed reading it somewhere.

They stated VR and some new announcements. That's what you got.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
aa0.png

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing about that Direct that I'm confused about is why Sony did a PS VR Direct and then refused to have Dreams in the Direct.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Oh.

Glad I kept my expectations in check. I hope they announce some really big heavy hitters on this platform though. I liked in general.

I hope for the opposite. Announce the little things during these that would get lost otherwise. Save the really good stuff for the big, press conferences. Whether that is E3 or PSX. That format is more fun in my opinion.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
lol thankfully I had no actual expectations and barely watched it. Caught Days Gone which does still look really good.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol that was very bad
ya need to actually have content to host a direct-like event, the presentation was there but it was pretty much it

Rooster

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect some people wouldn't have been happy regardless...

Nothing new there for me to get excited about I liked the format and it confirmed a couple of things.

There's plenty of games coming to PS4 this year and Sony are absolutely committed to VR.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Fells like that stream wasnt intended for a audience like Era.....quite the different compared to Directs.

They showed next to no japanese games.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm not expecting any major announcements for PS4. If I was a VR owner I would be pretty excited though because No Man's Sky will be great for it. Loving the look of Concrete Genie as well and always happy to see more of it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
That was fine, but I did mention I wasn't expecting much. VR announcements are cool, the support that platform is getting is great to see, but I do feel they needed to end with a big one like Death Stranding gameplay reveal or a new The Last of Us Part II trailer with gameplay included.
With that said, this format is great and I'm glad they're sticking with it this year and hopefully beyond.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought they nailed the format, but the actual content didn't do much for me. Probably would have done more for me if I were into VR.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Concrete genie looks cool but i'm kinda worried about the actual gameplay.
Mortal Kombat trailer was amazing.