Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised I didn't see more posts in this thread when searching for "screen protector". Anybody using one?

Edit: From the subreddit, as far as the 512GB model goes, I'm seeing a mix of either no screen protector or Dbrand.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
Surprised I didn't see more posts in this thread when searching for "screen protector". Anybody using one?
From what I've read YMMV. Most if not all of them make the touch screen a lot less sensitive. It's probably still a good idea on the 64/256 models for the anti-glare. 512 you would be risking muting the screen more, and to be honest you could get a 64 for $400 if you break it a year from now and just swap out the SSD and be fine.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
How long does it take until the GLS tracking number works? I got my email 5 hours ago and it still doesn't work.

Edit: From the subreddit, as far as the 512GB model goes, I'm seeing a mix of either no screen protector or Dbrand.
That's because this thread is only about the ordering and shipping mess.

You can find the proper Steam Deck OT here:
www.resetera.com

Steam Deck |OT| Your Games are Going Places Valve - Tech - OT

Hidden content ORDER & SHIPPING THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
So I got my order email today finally. Actually a surprise, the estimates from the tracker were estimating me at the 30th, so I thought I had a few weeks yet. Not complaining, completed my order and ready to go. But if anyone is following the tracker religiously, know that they may be a big ahead. (256GB model for me)

Last edited:

Muffin Awesome

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 30, 2017
My Monday peeps, how long from purchase confirmed to shipping?

Shipping Status: Processing --> Shipping --> In my hands?

what was your turnaround experience if you lived on east coast, bonus points for SC.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
At the rate things have been moving, hopefully I'll be able to place my order some time in the next month. My confirmation email from reserving the 512 model (US) has timestamp = 1:41 pm EST

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
At the rate things have been moving, hopefully I'll be able to place my order some time in the next month. My confirmation email from reserving the 512 model (US) has timestamp = 1:41 pm EST
I'm the same and still upset steam blocked me out from reserving for so long when I was there minute 1. Lol
Mine is 1:46 EST for the 512 model and I'm really expecting at the end of Q2.

DrFreeman

Banned
May 9, 2020
Any info on what the process would be for "After Q3"? Am I just going to wait until October time for an email from Valve?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Any info on what the process would be for "After Q3"? Am I just going to wait until October time for an email from Valve?

It means you might be Q4 or you might not.

At the very minimum, Valve will update things again when Q2 is over (like they previously did). Once we hit July, you'll either be changed to Q4 or "After Q4". Assuming you don't want to use estimators, this will give you a good idea of what's up with your wait.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Looks like I am about a hour behind current US 256GB reserve times and the queue is running at about 15min each email blast day so I guess my current estimate of the 23rd is looking good. Maybe 19th if I am lucky.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I am about a hour behind current US 256GB reserve times and the queue is running at about 15min each email blast day so I guess my current estimate of the 23rd is looking good. Maybe 19th if I am lucky.

Last Thursday was only 4:55. It was like 10 minutes, 11 minutes, 4:55 minutes, 17:30 minutes. So assuming last Thursday was just a blip, things should be looking good for you.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
UK 512s seem to be progressing at an insanely slow rate. US seems to be ahead of schedule from what I could see.

Afaik UK progress on 512 models is currently only just over 15 minutes in...

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
So I ordered my deck last Thursday. I just got a shipment confirmation and it's not arriving until Thursday via FedEx (so most likely this weekend actually). So much for two day shipping. Dunno how people were getting them so fast and I'm not

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
So I ordered my deck last Thursday. I just got a shipment confirmation and it's not arriving until Thursday via FedEx (so most likely this weekend actually). So much for two day shipping. Dunno how people were getting them so fast and I'm not

Thursday is pretty late into the week to finalize the purchase. For me, it took two days to process after ordering on Monday, so that lines up. Then, it shipped and I got it Friday. Unfortunately, for you, waiting until Thursday meant a weekend delay, since they don't work/ship then.

So, it took them two days to process for you, and now it shipped today -- or really they made the label for your shipment. Once it gets moving, it may update to Wednesday, which would be two days.

DrFreeman

Banned
May 9, 2020
It means you might be Q4 or you might not.

At the very minimum, Valve will update things again when Q2 is over (like they previously did). Once we hit July, you'll either be changed to Q4 or "After Q4". Assuming you don't want to use estimators, this will give you a good idea of what's up with your wait.
Thanks for the clarification! Has it been commonplace for someone to have their order pushed back a quarter?

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
I just saw today the email saying to confirm my purchase otherwise the order would be cancelled…and it cancelled the preorder mid payment confirmation page, :(

There's no way getting it back now right, not without starting in the back of the line for preorders?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
So is the stock issue Valve not understanding demand for this? Or are they producing as much as they can and it's the chip shortage striking again?

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So if my rt value is 1626456182 (apparently this converts to Fri Jul 16 2021 17:23:02 GMT) for US 512GB, I will likely be seeing an email Thursday or next week?

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to see a receipt for when I ordered my deck? I log into steam and it says I ordered July 17th but I can't find an email confirmation or receipt from valve with exact time and such.

Mochino

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Ordered immediately on thursday but still it hasn't shipped 😤 now that I'm this close to getting it I'm getting EXTRA impatient lol

Give

Oct 27, 2017
Oakland, CA
Just got my shipping email, but it's not in FedEx's system yet. A label was probably made and will hopefully get picked up by FedEx tomorrow.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
So I️ went ahead and preordered. Imma be moving before soonish. When it's my time can I️ change/ enter my new address?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So I️ went ahead and preordered. Imma be moving before soonish. When it's my time can I️ change/ enter my new address?
I take it you haven't gotten your email yet? It takes you to an address screen where you can edit it (or leave the fields prefilled with whatever address you already had) when you complete the purchase and checkout.