• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Some of you might remember this dev making waves a couple of months ago after adding an anti-mask rant to his game's patch notes. He's since also ranted about Steam not removing negative reviews from his game and yesterday posted a really transphobic rant mentioning Keffals, seen here below:

DOMINUS v1.3.25 (deadname: domina)
Please Respect Our Pronouns During This Difficult Transition

We're Out of Ideas, Mentally Unstable, Totally Degenerate, & Desperate for Clout - Lets Pretend We're A Completely Different Game to Regain Relevance!

deadname: domina.
Please don't mention it any more. We only mention it here to say: don't mention it any more. It's
totally normal
to change the sex of a video game and NOT CONFUSING TO ANYBODY. Please do not be a bigot. If you are confused, please simply stop being confused and remember that DOMINA doesn't exist and never did, but DOMINUS does exist, and always has, you just didn't know you were playing a man, who was dressed as a woman, but now that we reveal it to you, you have NO RIGHT to feel deceived, the same way
the poor drunk dudes who transvestites like Keffals had sexual intercourse with, without disclosing that they were a man, have no right to feel wronged
and you're a bigot for being confused or even mentioning something like that happening, let alone having an opinion about it.

DOMINUS 1.3.25 BETA
  • fixed: bestiarius disappears after applying cards.
  • potentially fixed: audio-stacking bug when "brutal fights" are enabled (if it's still there, please post on forum any steps to replicate it)
  • stop destroying the innocence of children by lying to them about basic biology.
  • stand up for what you believe - ask God for courage.
  • look at what LIES are doing to actual children. watch this troubling testimony.

After this, Steam delisted his game and banned him from his own forum.

FbnF4n8X0AE_VZP

While I'm glad to see a bigoted dev get the boot, it's unfortunately not even the first time that he's used his patch notes to spread transphobia and I feel that it really shouldn't have taken this long to shitcan him. But Steam gonna Steam, I guess.

Stephanie Sterling also made a video on this guy recently:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-F2dzjJewk

And then another after the developer allegedly had a meltdown over it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAKjhFcscnI

Last edited:

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
What the fuck? What an insecure piece of shit.
Glad Valve (finally) handled this.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
i don't remember this happening to.. anybody else on steam, ever. being so bigoted as to possibly be the first person to cross the line in a business environment where you can get away with a lot of shit is insane.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Was this not the guy who tried to deflect the heat off by *slightly* changing the name of his game and tell his fans not to tell?

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
It's a self published game: I imagine that's a stock message for delisted games since this is likely a first for Valve having to delist a game on its end without it being the prelude to a full removal.
He was threatening to remove it earlier so either outcome wouldn't shock me at the moment.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So there actually is some kind of human quality control at Steam. This is good news.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
it's kinda late cause it's been going on for a few months? i think, but at least valve finally did it.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
When your hatred is so high it gets you without a job MAYBE you should get help and stop being a shitstain. But fuck'im all the same.

Jul 7, 2021
What a ridiculously pathetic thing to do, spreading these phobias via patch notes of all things. lol

Good that action has been taken.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, Steam is soooo woke am I right. Tsk, hope someone makes a place where people like this can all merrily fuck off onto, like the Truth Social equivalent of a PC game platform.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It's a self published game: I imagine that's a stock message for delisted games since this is likely a first for Valve having to delist a game on its end without it being the prelude to a full removal.

iirc, the only previous incident similar to this was where a dev tweeted out a death threat at Gabe Newell due to Valve messing up the price for their game, or something like that.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Good! This guy wasn't ever going to change. His pathetic desperate harassment of Stephanie Sterling should do away with any hopes that he might just back off. Glad Steam didn't look the other way.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Those patch notes sound like the words from a deranged psychopath.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
Some of the tweets he send to Sterling are absolute gold.

"This is the CERN of gay" is the quote of year, hands down, I won't accept any other candidates.

Glad he's gone from almost every social net.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
With a disgusting rant like that he's going to get a cushy job working on the next Harry Potter game

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hum, there's a link to a video in the quotes in the op... i haven't clicked it, but maybe remove the link?

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stephanie Sterling also made a video on this guy recently:

Now and forever, thank God for them.

Also by this point these shitty Steam devs should know better than to mess with Stephanie. It's not even a pro tip, just Google. Why would you go up against someone who has helped take down multiple shitty devs of the same ilk?

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Rest in piss you petulant man baby.

At fucking last!
It's been so long since this started.
Thabk you Sterling! 🙏

Steph was based as fuck to bring this to wider attention, but I think this has more to do with his latest patch notes defending the harassment and swatting of Keffals.

The fact that he only just put those notes out is why I am not so certain this was his decision.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Good riddance to bad bigot.

Sad that it took this long to get this hatred filled arsehole off of Steam but there we go.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
how stupid can you be, even though he believes this stuff doesn't he even have 1 brain cell not to use this as a platform for his bullshit? he's unhinged and he has killed his business and career too (I heard the game was actually fun and did well until he started his deranged nonsense?)

valve terminating their business relationship with him pretty much means he'll never get a game on there again so that's good, i guess he cold always form a company or publish through someone else but his overall business career is pretty much destroyed so yeah, hopefully last we see of him

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
What did he think would happen after these unhinged patch notes? Why would you even post shit like that as a game developer TRYING TO SELL A PRODUCT TO PEOPLE? Not only you expose yourself as a massive, hateful shitbag but you also announce to the whole world that you are an idiot unable to make basic decisions in life.

I can't wrap my head around this. What the fuck.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
how stupid can you be, even though he believes this stuff doesn't he even have 1 brain cell not to use this as a platform for his bullshit? he's unhinged and he has killed his business and career too (I heard the game was actually fun and did well until he started his deranged nonsense?)

The answer to that is obviously no. Just look at his response to kotaku when they reached out to him. It's quite... something.

Tw- Very gross transphobia

I lost my verified Twitter account on which I used my real name," explained the dev, "While 'Keffals' is now verified, using a fake name, while 'in hiding' after having faked crying [sic] on national TV and admitting they had sexual relations with men, without telling them they were also born a man."

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
I used to play that game some years ago. By what I remember the dev seemed like a pretty normally edgy (into violence and a bit obnoxious amount of swearing) dude back then and on top of that I had the impression that the game was finished and he was looking to do something else with his time.

The pandemic really broke some people into revealing their true colors.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
this has to be a first. for a game that isn't outright garbage (dev vs valve drama is nothing new i know)

Deleted member 119070

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 19, 2022
valve terminating their business relationship with him pretty much means he'll never get a game on there again so that's good, i guess he cold always form a company or publish through someone else but his overall business career is pretty much destroyed so yeah, hopefully last we see of him
On the Steam forums he said that he is banned from Bandcamp which is owned by Epic. So Epic Games Store is also out of his possibilities.

OP
OP

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
What did he think would happen after these unhinged patch notes? Why would you even post shit like that as a game developer TRYING TO SELL A PRODUCT TO PEOPLE? Not only you expose yourself as a massive, hateful shitbag but you also announce to the whole world that you are an idiot unable to make basic decisions in life.

I can't wrap my head around this. What the fuck.

Unfortunately there are plenty of hateful bigots who are happy to support his game, so as long as people keep giving folks like him platforms to sell on, they'll keep making money. Best we can do is keep deplatforming them.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the update on Reddit earlier and knew it was only a matter of time before this clown was ejected from Steam for good. Don't know why it bothers some fools so much to let others live how they want to live peacefully.