• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that's a meltdown. I'm only hearing about this saga now.

Congrats to Steam for doing the right thing

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude isn't even in drama with other people, he's just screaming at people who are giving him no mind, no conversation, and this got him completely abolished from Steam. Who'd he beef with? Who'd he get into Twitter drama with? Nobody, it was all farts in the wind, and the only thing he's gained in being a massive red flag if he ever was to be hired by a company to be on a team.

He screamed into a void and all he got was his presence removed from Steam. Biggest L I've seen in some time. He will be forgotten about completely in a month. Way to go, dude.

Sean Noonan

Lead Level Designer at Splash Damage
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
UK
I can't imagine what it's like to be this frustrated by the lives of others. What a weirdo.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, based steam

Can I read his meltdown over getting delisted from steam anywhere? It must be funny af

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
What did he think would happen after these unhinged patch notes? Why would you even post shit like that as a game developer TRYING TO SELL A PRODUCT TO PEOPLE? Not only you expose yourself as a massive, hateful shitbag but you also announce to the whole world that you are an idiot unable to make basic decisions in life.

I can't wrap my head around this. What the fuck.

Feels like a classic case of "Everyone secretly agrees with me? Right? They'll agree with it when they see it?"

Asshat.

The JSS vid was fun in a way but this is just pathetic.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This seemed inevitable since the deranged lunatic displayed blatant disregard for Valve's rules and authority as they started attacking Valve after they finally decided to wake up and start getting involved. Although at the same time I have low expectations and honestly didn't expect Valve to actually do this.

Another thing that's cool about this situation is that the guy has already managed to get himself banned from Twitter as well, so it'll be harder for the transphobic asshole to try to pivot this around to the typical boohoo grift that these sad rightwing clowns always aim for after civilized society has decided to no longer tolerate them being an intolerable asshole. Not that I imagine he would've succeeded at that anyway. While it is a market that's welcoming of scumbags, it is a crowded one, and the guy just exudes the aura of a weak, whiny, pathetic man unable to cope with simple things.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Literally imagine learning how to develop a game, as in all the education required, and yet still having the personality of a 12 year old who uses 4chan.

Oct 30, 2017
Do game devs still not get that James Stephanie Sterling can end (game) lives? This era of snowflakes fucking around and finding out is a sight to behold.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
1236034.gif

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, the discussion section for that game is vile. I know that is pretty typical for the discussion section on a Steam game, but that one seems even worse than the rest. Valve should really get that shit in order.

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
Feels like a classic case of "Everyone secretly agrees with me? Right? They'll agree with it when they see it?"

Him being so genuinely surprised and shocked about backlash from his target audience is the most hilarious part of this saga, makes me wonder if his personal online bubble made him really believe that most people of his historical strategy-sim niche would be far-right like him but turns out that rest of the world isn't racist gaming imageboards.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Good shit, Sterling and Valve. Hope this means hate speech and harassment is better moderated on Steam.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I feel gross just looking at that page. Back when I used to do a Screenshot Saturday feature I remember posting about Domina a couple of times, and am definitely regretting it now despite that being years ago.

Also, for anyone wanting to read the grossness of his transphobic rant, it's the Dominus post on the game's Steam page.

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
We're Out of Ideas, Mentally Unstable, Totally Degenerate, & Desperate for Clout

*cough*

for real though why is every transphobe like this. Fixated to this weird, disturbed degree. This all consuming priority in their lives.

I know it's good to have a laugh at these losers, but it's frightening, it truly is.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Some of the tweets he send to Sterling are absolute gold.

"This is the CERN of gay" is the quote of year, hands down, I won't accept any other candidates.

Glad he's gone from almost every social net.

I absolutely lost my $#!? at "the CERN of gay."

But glad to see this unhinged f$&k banned from Twitter and Steam. James Stephanie Sterling stays winning.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
even after that transphobic shit yesterday, i was certain steam would continue doing nothing here - happy to be wrong

fuck off into the sun, dude.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not excusing his bigotry but this dev clearly did not cope with the pandemic very well and fell into a bunch of anti-mask, manosphere, and alt-right rabbit holes as a result. The way he was cyberstalking Stephanie Sterling was just unhinged. Good riddance but that guy clearly needs medical intervention.

PeachyTofu

Magazine Journalist - PLAY, PC Gamer, Edge
Verified
Jul 9, 2021
United Kingdom
Deplatforming works, he's now on his 58 follower gab account ranting about no longer being able to afford to eat lmaoooo

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Not excusing his bigotry but this dev clearly did not cope with the pandemic very well and fell into a bunch of anti-mask, manosphere, and alt-right rabbit holes as a result. The way he was cyberstalking Stephanie Sterling was just unhinged. Good riddance but that guy clearly needs medical intervention.
That's what I was thinking, wasn't this game relatively well received? Then he got sucked into the whole 'covid isnt real, the left are the new big brother' internet mind-rot hole that just seems to have left him divorced from reality and completely lost any sense of judgement it looks like. Have seen that from a few content creators too where they just become convinced for whatever reason that everything is fake and a conspiracy
(eg https://www.resetera.com/threads/la...d-admits-hes-into-conspiracy-theories.601068/ )

Deserves this outcome in any case but alarming what people get into and turn out as and how the last 2 years seems to be accelerating these tendencies in people

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
What happened to no politics in video games? /s
This dev really went off the deep end.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
The one and only unfortunate thing about these asshats getting kicked off of social media is I can't see the meltdown. I bet the dude has a Truth account, though, lol.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The god shit like he's on some righteous crusade is absolutely hilarious. Get fucked you bigoted piece of shit

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't this developer done something similar before, or am I thinking of another game?

PeachyTofu

Magazine Journalist - PLAY, PC Gamer, Edge
Verified
Jul 9, 2021
United Kingdom
That's a slur covered, isn't it...
Pretty much everything he posts up there is filled with every slur under the sun - I actually cropped out the top of this post because it has a really deeply nasty transphobic diatribe that I didn't feel comfortable sharing even a small portion of here.

xD You are doing god's work going to Gab for us. Thank you so much for your sacrifice! This is gold.
I only found it Googling his username to try and track down some news coverage of what was going on - you can visit it without making an account THANKFULLY so I've been checking in periodically on a private tab to see his meltdown unfold.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Dude seems like a real piece of shit who invites nothing but misery. Oh well, sucks to be him. good on Steam for finally remembering that they can moderate content though! They should do that more often.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
What is it with transphobes and letting their transphobia overwhelm them to such a degree they just can't shut up about it and fuck up their own lives in the process?

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Get fucked, nerd.

The video Stephanie posted about the dude's meltdown is some top tier content. He legitimately thought that there was something wrong with their Twitter because he wasn't getting replies LMFAO

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
What is it with transphobes and letting their transphobia overwhelm them to such a degree they just can't shut up about it and fuck up their own lives in the process?

There's this gross layer of pseudo-righteous indignation they choose to wear, realizing there's still a demographic out there that's drawn to it.