• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing this again in gif form, I'm struck by how much bigger White's hand is. She must be immense in size.

She's probably a fusion

but she's clearly not Blue and Yellow fused, she was shown alongside them when they unleashed the corruption attack, remember they were in normal colors which signifies that it's something that Garnet saw rather than something she heard about.

Their retellings of things can't really be trusted by this point, though.

Considering the number of secrets that were kept, things taken as fact that were straight up lies, gem culture's views on fusion, and White apparently not being visibly active for quite some time, even during the trial of someone who supposedly shattered a diamond, and the color white being the absorption of all colors on the spectrum, she's probably a fusion.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is white diamond is a "perfect" diamond just like Jasper is a "perfect" jasper

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
White diamond has a mural on the moon base, and her silhouette is even visible on HW. Her being a fusion would be a twist with no payoff.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
White diamond has a mural on the moon base, and her silhouette is even visible on HW. Her being a fusion would be a twist with no payoff.
You don't find it weird that no one mentions her at all? Or that she doesn't seem to have any gems designated to her in the same way that Yellow, Blue, and Pink do? Or any structures outside of those murals and the homeworld statue? I mean you could argue that they wouldn't give a fusion a mural but that seems to be what the Crystal Gems' temple is. Or that she wouldn't be present at Rose/Steven's trial even though she considered it important enough to show for corrupting Earth's gems?

It's either that or she's gem god

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
You don't find it weird that no one mentions her at all? Or that she doesn't seem to have any gems designated to her in the same way that Yellow, Blue, and Pink do? Or any structures outside of those murals and the homeworld statue? I mean you could argue that they wouldn't give a fusion a mural but that seems to be what the Crystal Gems' temple is. Or that she wouldn't be present at Rose/Steven's trial even though she considered it important enough to show for corrupting Earth's gems?

It's either that or she's gem god
I mean, the crew used questionable storytelling tactics like this with pink. The gems literally passed her mural walking up the moon base, but we didn't see it the first time because...the crew just didn't want to talk about it at the time.

I won't discount the possibility of a twist with White, but I don't see the same quality of framework being laid down as there was with Pink.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Hot Topic merch spoils stuff yet again, but it's not a surprise if you knew about the keychain leaks from a few months ago. There is a leaked shirt showing
Sapphire in a tux and Ruby in a wedding dress from their wedding episode, just like they were wearing in the keychain leaks.

It's a lot more direct than when people found out that a ton of Pink Diamond merch was being scheduled for released for the day after A Single Pale Rose, which only spoiled that the episodes on that day would involve Pink Diamond in a big way.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
It's heeeeere. :-)

9f6a6756-74ea-4d6d-9xskoi.jpeg

On the shelf:

605c6ca1-e20d-48df-ambkdl.jpeg

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
There's a new promo out in the wild, I'm gonna post it behind spoilers tags because it's got some pretty serious implications in case you guys want to go in as clean as possible

and i'll ask you guys to discuss this promo behind spoilers as well

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Nearly everyone assumed that this bomb would just deal with Ruby and Sapphire reconciling.

Then this promo opens with freakin' air sirens. And shit just immediate spirals out of control into FULL BLOWN BLUE & YELLOW DIAMOND INVASION.

Just one more week everyone!

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Well there's certainly a lot happening in that promo. Seems like Ruby & Sapphire will make up partway through and their wedding will be interrupted by the invasion...

I wonder what's up with the freeing of that corrupted jasper...

Oct 27, 2017
From the looks of that promo this bomb is gonna be Juicy af, next week can't come soon enough!
Whoa, it looks like the corrupted gems are escaping. Did homeworld soldiers infiltrate the temple?
Will the diamond invasion will be the start of Jasperedemption2018?! T.T I think it's finally happening!

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
From the looks of that promo this bomb is gonna be Juicy af, next week can't come soon enough!
Whoa, it looks like the corrupted gems are escaping. Did homeworld soldiers infiltrate the temple?
Will the diamond invasion will be the start of Jasperedemption2018?! T.T I think it's finally happening!
I think with the shots of the Diamond hand ships literally punching & slapping the ground, we're going to see part of the temple destroyed. I guess when that happens, all of the bubbles get popped.

I'd imagine Jasper runs away to be dealt with/healed/redeemed in Season 6, but Bismuth unbubbles as well and actually helps with the battle.

I don't see this bomb resolving the invasion. It will end in some sort of cliffhanger, maybe with Lapis and/or Lars returning, with the season finale wrapping things up after. Season 5 has felt like it has been all about status quo changes, so maybe the temple gets rebuilt & Peridot, Lapis, and Bismuth move in. Bismuth might be awkward though, since she's more than likely the one who poofed Lapis in the first place.

God, that would be depressing if Lapis comes to help save the day, only to see Bismuth and have a panic attack.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think with the shots of the Diamond hand ships literally punching & slapping the ground, we're going to see part of the temple destroyed. I guess when that happens, all of the bubbles get popped.

I'd imagine Jasper runs away to be dealt with/healed/redeemed in Season 6, but Bismuth unbubbles as well and actually helps with the battle.

I don't see this bomb resolving the invasion. It will end in some sort of cliffhanger, maybe with Lapis and/or Lars returning, with the season finale wrapping things up after. Season 5 has felt like it has been all about status quo changes, so maybe the temple gets rebuilt & Peridot, Lapis, and Bismuth move in. Bismuth might be awkward though, since she's more than likely the one who poofed Lapis in the first place.

God, that would be depressing if Lapis comes to help save the day, only to see Bismuth and have a panic attack.
if the flashback was correct, Lapis didn't see who poofed her, she is able to see everything though, i think, I'm not sure how the mirror thing worked xD

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see some escalation in the Earth threats. They're gonna have to introduce White Diamond after all of this if they want to maintain the tension.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
if the flashback was correct, Lapis didn't see who poofed her, she is able to see everything though, i think, I'm not sure how the mirror thing worked xD
Watching a gif of that flashback moment again, Lapis sees Bismuth (our Bismuth?) jump down in front of her, turns around to flee, and gets punched right in the back and gem as she lets out her wings to fly away. So she did see who poofed her, but couldn't get away in time.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Watching a gif of that flashback moment again, Lapis sees Bismuth (our Bismuth?) jump down in front of her, turns around to flee, and gets punched right in the back and gem as she lets out her wings to fly away. So she did see who poofed her, but couldn't get away in time.
Damn, i didn't remember the scene right then, that's gonna be awkward D:

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone know if these new episodes are supposed to be televised only or will they be up on the CN App? I'm going away next Friday and don't want to miss it.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is they'll probably put the episodes on later in the night maybe after the west coast airing

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by Steven and Connie's outfits, the wedding definitely gets crashed.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
1 week people this is not a drill only one week before shit gets real!

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh... I'm going to have to renew SlingTV just for next week aren't I?

Wait... Maybe YoutubeTV or HuluTV has a free week I can use.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
nobody ever listens when i warn them they'll regret it, this Garnet avatar ain't for nothing people!
as for spoiler cutoffs next week 10:45 est should be good i guess.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm dragon ball super is gonna start airing at 8:00 the same week that this big steven event happens
Conspiracy-Theory-Coincidence-32.gif

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm dragon ball super is gonna start airing at 8:00 the same week that this big steven event happens
Conspiracy-Theory-Coincidence-32.gif
Dragon Ball Super airing every weekday/night just like Z used to back on the original Toonami brings a tear to my weeaboo eye. And Steven Universe leading directly into Dragon Ball is like poetry.

Looking forward to a whole week of new Steven Universe followed by DB Super.

Status
Not open for further replies.