Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
I must be the only person whole liked the whole side-story with 8.

I mean, it had tons of flaws but I thought it was the right choice pacing-wise and for the overall narrative.

The thing that bothered be the most was that

That their hideout was offshore in the middle of Lake Michigan, and in the 21st century according to that skyline in the background.
You're not alone, I loved that episode and 8. I thought it brought out a new dimension to 11 and the story.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
The Demogorgan was the monster in S1. It is not the ruler of the Upside Down. The Demodogs in S2 are essentially the same creature but younger. At this point in the story, the creature they call the Mind Slayer is more powerful.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Well I won't be able finish the show for at least 5 months.
Darts eating the cat brought up some serious past trauma regarding my own cat.

Enjoy the show everyone.

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally watched both seasons, back to back, and loved both of them, but was disappointed both times by both the ordinariness of the conclusion, and the "one month later" scenes. Am I normal or am I a grumpy Gus?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Demogorgan was the monster in S1. It is not the ruler of the Upside Down. The Demodogs in S2 are essentially the same creature but younger. At this point in the story, the creature they call the Mind Slayer is more powerful.
I think it's a different species or variety. The Demogorgon in S1 didn't have a tail.

Oct 27, 2017
jflnsjnfnjslf;sdfl GOODBYE WORLD

UEvIt1L.jpg

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Finished watching season 2. Enjoyed it but not as much as the first season.

I thought it felt like a TV series and not a "lost" 80s movie. Still good.

I did enjoy Ep 7.

Also Eleven looks exactly like a young Carrie Fisher.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I didn't like about the whole Mews thing is that they kinda treated Dustin's mother like some joke character

SevketErhat

Oct 27, 2017
North Cyprus
Just finished watching Season 2 and I quite liked it. Now on to watch Beyond Stranger Things...

Few thoughts about second season
-Does Wivona Ryder age at all ? Still such a pretty face
-Cannot wait to see David Harbour as Hellboy
-Nightwing step brother and Nancys mom. What will happen next?
-Nancy's dad deserves a good smackdown
-Mad Max is such a cool and pretty character
-Samwise Gamgee added so much to the series

Most importantly I travelled back in time to the Snow Ball, being refused by girls at dance and all

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that grated. Same with the other mom who was characterized like an idiot bimbo.
How is she an idiot Bimbo (if you are referring to Mike's mom)?

S1, she was trying to be helpful to her kids, was a decent friend to Joyce and pretty much does everything while Ted (the husband) is stuck in his own world(S1 + S2).

Some hot guy shows up at her door in the middle of the night resembling the main character on the cover of the book she escapes into, why wouldn't she be overly friendly, especially when it involves someone looking for their sister.
And its not like she had time to get fully dressed coming straight out of the tub.

Other than being able to tell they were attracted to each other, the majority of the conversation was about finding the kids (sprinkled with some flattery; most of the compliments coming from Billy, not her).

If the gender roles were reversed I guess we would be calling the girl the bimbo and not the father.

Last edited:

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I didn't like about the Mrs. Wheeler/Billy scene is the actor who plays Billy looks way too old to play a 17-yo character.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Only thing I didn't like about the Mrs. Wheeler/Billy scene is the actor who plays Billy looks way too old to play a 17-yo character.
I know you're talking about looks, but funnily enough the other two actors are older than him (he's 22, Jonathan's is 23 and Steve's is 25).

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Finished watching season 2. Enjoyed it but not as much as the first season.

I thought it felt like a TV series and not a "lost" 80s movie. Still good.

Agree with this. Particularly Ep.7. That whole thing was integrated poorly, first scene of the season and then wrapped up in its own episode 2/3rds later in the season.

Also I feel the Jonathan/Nancy/Steve love triangle shouldn't have been resolved so early,
I would have been perfectly happy to have that frustration continue until the last season, or not resolved at all.

Now the main cast is growing, I wonder who's going to be expendable going forward, or if they'll keep killing off the more typically expendable (i.e. don't last a season) cast.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, people didn't like this season? Damn, I loved it. Way more than S1.

Only gripes were E07 and Billy, wasted character. Kept hearing things like how good a villain he would be and he wasn't even near jackass S1 Steve.

Talking about Steve, damn what a character. From the asshole in S1 to this, goddamn. Favorite character in the show right now. Steve x Dustin OTP.

EDIT: Almost forgot,
that racism plotline was also wasted, they could've gone a lot further than that.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, people didn't like this season? Damn, I loved it. Way more than S1.

Only gripes were E07 and Billy, wasted character. Kept hearing things like how good a villain he would be and he wasn't even near jackass S1 Steve.

Talking about Steve, damn what a character. From the asshole in S1 to this, goddamn. Favorite character in the show right now. Steve x Dustin OTP.

EDIT: Almost forgot,
that racism plotline was also wasted, they could've gone a lot further than that.
I don't remember Steve being that big of an asshole in S1, more like guy in the wrong friend group.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You're not alone, I loved that episode and 8. I thought it brought out a new dimension to 11 and the story.
I have less of a problem with the episode itself and more so that it came at the worst possible time in the season. You don't end an episode like they did with 6 and then make you wait an entire episode to see what happens to literally all of the characters you care about so they can introduce a bunch of new ones who were relatively uninteresting. It took long enough to get things going in S2 and then episode 7 came around and killed the momentum it had just started to gain.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Had fun watching this. I want Steve to hang out with the kids more.

And I want El and Max to be friends.

jvm

Oct 27, 2017
I have less of a problem with the episode itself and more so that it came at the worst possible time in the season. You don't end an episode like they did with 6 and then make you wait an entire episode to see what happens to literally all of the characters you care about so they can introduce a bunch of new ones who were relatively uninteresting. It took long enough to get things going in S2 and then episode 7 came around and killed the momentum it had just started to gain.
Yes, yes you do. Pretty standard storytelling move, and I enjoyed the switch-up. El definitely grew up a lot in the past year, faster than the boys, and this was her chance to try out some more adult behaviors.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, yes you do. Pretty standard storytelling move, and I enjoyed the switch-up. El definitely grew up a lot in the past year, faster than the boys, and this was her chance to try out some more adult behaviors.
Na, you don't. Its why almost everyone took issue with episode 7 and so much discussion around it has been around killing the pacing of the show. It was an awful decision to put that episode there.

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed this season. I'd say it was stronger than the the first.

Steve and Dustin hanging together were the best parts of the season. Need more of that next year.

Deleted member 10611

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to finishing this tonight. That it took me so long says a lot about the quality of the season, I guess. Steve Harrington continues to be an absolute treasure and the guy has amazing chemistry with every character he interacts with, but damn if the rest of this season was okay at best and largely unimpressive. Curious to see what they do with a third season but I'm not really waiting in excitement like I did after the first season.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
huh, is that the new way to write spoilers? never saw that before
Aimed at nobody in particular, but I'm not quoting posts just to see spoilers. Use the actual spoiler tags people!

yeah i'm still getting used to it too. but almost 50 pages in is it still not okay to post spoilers?
Somebody posted last week to say it was open season for spoilers after two weeks, but I don't know if it was an official approval. Personally I assume all OT's are going to be full of spoilers and just don't read them until I'm clear.

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished it too, pacing wasn't as good/intense as season 1, and I understand the gripes with ep7 as it felt like filler (likely just setting up for season 3).

Awesome show tho, actors really help make it.

I was expecting
Bob to betray them at some point.