What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
if you dislike her super 1, i got some bad news about Dee Jay :(
Oh I know it has no invincibility. I'm fine with that, because it certainly shouldn't.

My issue with Kim is that it's slow as hell on top of the fact that she doesn't have an invincible reversal. I feel like characters that don't have invincible OD specials should have good level 1's. Same issue I have with Aki and several other characters. While clowns like Ken and Luke have great level 1's on top of OD dp's....like wtf

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
Been spending a lot of time playing with Ed recently. Got him to plat 5. Dude is so hard to control, but each win feels rewarding. Definitely a humbling experience learning this character after getting both Juri and Jamie to master rank.

I'm gonna get him to master rank one day but idk if that'll be anytime soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Been spending a lot of time playing with Ed recently. Got him to plat 5. Dude is so hard to control, but each win feels rewarding. Definitely a humbling experience learning this character after getting both Juri and Jamie to master rank.

I'm gonna get him to master rank one day but idk if that'll be anytime soon.
He's super fun, but be prepared once people really start testing your AA ability and how well you deal with crossups.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I know it has no invincibility. I'm fine with that, because it certainly shouldn't.

My issue with Kim is that it's slow as hell on top of the fact that she doesn't have an invincible reversal. I feel like characters that don't have invincible OD specials should have good level 1's. Same issue I have with Aki and several other characters. While clowns like Ken and Luke have great level 1's on top of OD dp's....like wtf
Maybe the intention was for Kimberly and and Aki to have particularly bad defensive options. Which could be plausible seeing how steam roll-y their offense seems

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the intention was for Kimberly and and Aki to have particularly bad defensive options. Which could be plausible seeing how steam roll-y their offense seems
I totally get that and understand and agree with it, but I feel like they leaned a little too hard into it. Paying a whole bar is already a pretty steep price to pay. I'm hoping they adjust it.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

They went too far. Everybody has access to steamroll offense in SF6, but not everybody has bad defensive options.

They can't make Kim and AKI's offense busted, so they gotta let go of the conceptual purity and give them a bit more defense.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if you ever come across a Ryu names AKD Killa...pass. Played this game since launch and never met a player that could beat out my DI every single time in every instance over 10 games. Every time. Eerie spacing. Just hardly made a mistake. I knew I was dealing with something fishy when I could bait out certain openings every match...but overall, I swear it was reading my inputs. I've played a ton of Master Ryus. This one played nothing like any of them.

I quit out and end up against a Master Kim next and end up 23 and 9 against her. I felt like I was playing someone who occasionally messes up or gives me openings. Weird night overall because I don't usually fare well against Kims. So that kind of record was...odd for me and my Diamond ass.

Oct 25, 2017
A.K.I doesn't need a reversal. I don't want to imagine an aki that can dp out of pressure. Having characters with big strengths and big weaknesses is what makes fighting games fun. I don't want to play a flattened out version of street fighter where everyone is basically a shoto variant because they "need" a dp or projectile.

Last edited:

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
I totally get that and understand and agree with it, but I feel like they leaned a little too hard into it. Paying a whole bar is already a pretty steep price to pay. I'm hoping they adjust it.
They went too far. Everybody has access to steamroll offense in SF6, but not everybody has bad defensive options.

They can't make Kim and AKI's offense busted, so they gotta let go of the conceptual purity and give them a bit more defense.
I feel y'all. As someone has played characters with bad defensive options in the past, it does suck lol. Personally though I hope they're more creative on how they make the characters better, just pull something out none of us have conceived of. I want to have faith in them over how good season 1 turned out to be.

Oct 25, 2017
A.K.I doesn't need a reversal. I don't want to imagine an aki that can dp out of pressure. Having characters with big strengths and big weaknesses is what makes fighting games fun. I don't want to play a flattened out version of street fighter where everyone is basically a shoto variant because they "need" a dp or projectile.
Well thankfully I wasn't talking about a dp for Aki. In fact, in the past I have been vehemently against Kimberly getting her invincible reversal back, and I still stand by it.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Well thankfully I wasn't talking about a dp for Aki. In fact, in the past I have been vehemently against Kimberly getting her invincible reversal back, and I still stand by it.
A.K.I. has EX slide to get out of pressure she's fine.

Kim absolutely should have her reversal back tho.
I'm completely fine with all (well most) characters having some kinda of none super defensive option.

Kim doesn't suddenly become not unique getting back a tool she was literally designed to have. (No clue why they changed there minds after beta)

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
The only thing I really hate about A.K.I is not having a poke that's Drive impact safe.

I don't care about comboing with standing MK or Crouching MK she doesn't need a better combo game, I just wish they didn't auto lose to DI

Oct 25, 2017
A.K.I. has EX slide to get out of pressure she's fine.

Kim absolutely should have her reversal back tho.
I'm completely fine with all (well most) characters having some kinda of none super defensive option.

Kim doesn't suddenly become not unique getting back a tool she was literally designed to have. (No clue why they changed there minds after beta)
Yeah if you want to take a punish counter throw, then go ahead and ex slide I guess.

The only thing I really hate about A.K.I is not having a poke that's Drive impact safe.

I don't care about comboing with standing MK or Crouching MK she doesn't need a better combo game, I just wish they didn't auto lose to DI
I guess it depends on what you consider a real poke or not. I have no issues using st.mp, cr.mp, and even st.hk during neutral.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
The Aki/Kimberly reversal thing wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the fact that most of the good characters in the game get to have an OD reversal AND a good, fast level 1.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
managed to climb to 1600mr+. Considering im pretty mediocre at the game I say that's an ok spot to end before the reset.

Really wish there was some sort of ranked incentive like in fps or something, doesn't have to be anything big, but like a banner thingy would be dope

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Back on the grind since a couple of weeks. Haven't played in phase 2 at all.
Learning Ed is cool. I need to practice cross cut DP's.
Currently sitting at Diamond IV.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
They can leave Kimberley alone for the most part if they just give me 2 things . Give her cr. fierce a little more horizontal reach , wiffing that in someone's face is the worst feeling in ths game . Let her fully cancel her cr. forward .

Honestly, id be sooo happy with just latter

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
On the Kim front, my 2 requests remain…
  1. Let her have her invincible OD reversal back.
  2. Make it to where her Level 1 doesn't use up her spray cans. If she has 1 or 2, the enhanced version happens but doesn't use up your spray can supply. But if you initiate the Level 1 with no spray cans, you're still stuck with the nerfed version.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if you want to take a punish counter throw, then go ahead and ex slide I guess.

I guess it depends on what you consider a real poke or not. I have no issues using st.mp, cr.mp, and even st.hk during neutral.
Yeah, that's the thing. If you look at top AKI players, they're usually not using OD slide unless it's to pressure from a cancelled fireball. The risks and rewards on defense are too skewed in a meta with throws as powerful as they are.

Even with her pokes, they're all so situational and mediocre compared to other characters. It's true that her main neutral pokes of cr.MK, st.MK and st.HP ALL lack DI cancellability, which is crazy considering any other character. Her cr.MP's hitbox and high recovery make it more of a counter poke button, and st.MP is more of a pressure button due to its short range (the buff helped for that, too).

Not sure how they'll help her out. Maybe how she was before from that 100 Cameras video would be a place to look to for that, but they're all offense oriented.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I don't need OD Slide buffs, give me a faster SA1 so people can't just beat all of her options at the same time for free. She's already OS prone enough as is.

Oct 25, 2017
They can leave Kimberley alone for the most part if they just give me 2 things . Give her cr. fierce a little more horizontal reach , wiffing that in someone's face is the worst feeling in ths game . Let her fully cancel her cr. forward .

Honestly, id be sooo happy with just latter
I personally like the uniqueness of her cr.mk being the only one in the game that's plus on block. I highly doubt they'd make it cancelable and keep it plus. I'm not a full time Kim player though, but in my time with her, I really enjoyed her cr.mk.
On the Kim front, my 2 requests remain…
For the super that's cool and all, but really why don't they just give her damn cans back at the beginning of the round. It's super stupid that they don't. And why can you never have 2 cans again unless you spend meter....like wtf. At the very least can I please charge a can while a can is out. It's just all......dumb.
Even with her pokes, they're all so situational and mediocre compared to other characters. It's true that her main neutral pokes of cr.MK, st.MK and st.HP ALL lack DI cancellability, which is crazy considering any other character. Her cr.MP's hitbox and high recovery make it more of a counter poke button, and st.MP is more of a pressure button due to its short range (the buff helped for that, too).

Not sure how they'll help her out. Maybe how she was before from that 100 Cameras video would be a place to look to for that, but they're all offense oriented.
Yeah that's why I had the caveat of "real poke or not". You pretty much explained all the ones I mentioned. I'm addicted to st.hp and f+hp, so I would love for something to happen with those. I personally would rather have a cancelable st.mk over cr.mk, mostly because of the design philosophy that the team seems to have regarding those buttons for almost every character, but that could just be me and I could absolutely see the cr.mk being a lot more useful. I'd really like mp serpent lash to be a real defensive option, but maybe it would be too oppressive....I dunno.

But really.....just make SA1 7frames and 2k damage, and I'd start playing the character again in a heartbeat.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
I actually had a dream about the Akuma trailer. I gotta stop expecting to see an announcement.

At least in this little window while I'm waiting I've gone back to Granblue for a bit. Great secondary fighter for me.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
0Oa4iu4.jpeg

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
If the prize isnt to high I honestly might grabbed one. It looks really good.
Whats the place to buy it online?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Yeah, that's the thing. If you look at top AKI players, they're usually not using OD slide unless it's to pressure from a cancelled fireball.
It absolutely Is not a good option but it's better than nothing and glad she has such a unique move

And it works as escape more than you would think if you use it smart (at least at diamond were I play)

personally would rather have a cancelable st.mk over cr.mk, mostly because of the design philosophy that the team seems to have regarding those buttons for almost every character, but that could just be me and I could absolutely see the cr.mk being a lot more useful.
I also want standing medium Kick to be cancelable over Crouching.

Standing is slower but with more range while Crouching is a Faster low poke.

Making the slower high standing special cancable keeps both as Good options depending on the situation.

But really.....just make SA1 7frames and 2k damage, and I'd start playing the character again in a heartbeat.
Faster level 1 ? Yes please 🥺

More damage? Nah . Less burst damaging but poison stacking is A.K.I 's core identity. (Weren't you just talking about keeping characters unique?)

Level 1 damage is fine as is because of the poison applied imo

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Is Aki level 1 bad? What can you bait it with? Because I'm pretty sure I've tried the ol go for meaty crouching light kick for meaty and block if super, and gotten hit for it

Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely Is not a good option but it's better than nothing and glad she has such a unique move

And it works as escape more than you would think if you use it smart (at least at diamond were I play)

Faster level 1 ? Yes please 🥺

More damage? Nah . Less burst damaging but poison stacking is A.K.I 's core identity. (Weren't you just talking about keeping characters unique?)

Level 1 damage is fine as is because of the poison applied imo
Hey if the slide is working for you, more power to you, keep it up. Hope it stays working for you. I pretty much grab that shit 4/5 times and put the Aki in a much worse situation.

The SA1 should just apply the poison damage as well. Make it be 2200 or whatever it would add up to. Uniqueness has nothing to do with the damage in this situation. The standard damage for a level1 is 2k damage, with Zangief and Lily being the exceptions, and maybe someone else that isn't coming to mind. Nothing is gained by having it do less damage in situations that it would have killed if it were any other character. Having it do 2k and still getting the poison wouldn't be that crazy.

Is Aki level 1 bad? What can you bait it with? Because I'm pretty sure I've tried the ol go for meaty crouching light kick for meaty and block if super, and gotten hit for it

I don't know about every character, but someone like Chun or Dee Jay you can do it with their st.lp.
If I had to guess, it has to be a 4f with 13 frames or less total. Could be wrong though. Simple math that I can't be bothered with lol

Last edited:

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Hey if the slide is working for you, more power to you, keep it up. Hope it stays working for you. I pretty much grab that shit 4/5 times and put the Aki in a much worse situation.

The SA1 should just apply the poison damage as well. Make it be 2200 or whatever it would add up to. Uniqueness has nothing to do with the damage in this situation. The standard damage for a level1 is 2k damage, with Zangief and Lily being the exceptions, and maybe someone else that isn't coming to mind. Nothing is gained by having it do less damage in situations that it would have killed if it were any other character. Having it do 2k and still getting the poison wouldn't be that crazy.

I don't know about every character, but someone like Chun or Dee Jay you can do it with their st.lp.
If I had to guess, it has to be a 4f with 13 frames or less total. Could be wrong though. Simple math that I can't be bothered with lol
Chun is 14f like cammys. But interesting so I can just meaty jab? And block.

Damn I been just respecting it or eating it from time to time. Didn't even know I could go that yolo.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Chun is 14f like cammys. But interesting so I can just meaty jab? And block.

Damn I been just respecting it or eating it from time to time. Didn't even know I could go that yolo.
yeah, if the reversal is 10 frames (like Ed's OD DP) and if you find a meaty timing with your 4 frame light that is 14 frames or less total, then you'll recover just as the reversal gets an active hitbox.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Akuma trailer possibly dropping tomorrow fellas,

...but if not, then Thursday,

...but if not, EVO Japan
This thread since Akuma's first trailer:

69RjOeP.png

At minimum we'll see footage of him being played from that IRL Battle Hub thing (I remember when we just called that an arcade) that Capcom is doing in the first week of May.

KENMASTERS1

Apr 9, 2021
This thread since Akuma's first trailer:

69RjOeP.png

At minimum we'll see footage of him being played from that IRL Battle Hub thing (I remember when we just called that an arcade) that Capcom is doing in the first week of May.

i can't wait for my first look at Akuma to be low res footage taken from someone's iphone on twitter. hope it'll be at least 720p

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Absolutely.

Oh, by the way, Abload is going offline by June 30th. So if you used that to host images, then I'd advise saving and/or reuploading those images before they're lost to the ether.

Last edited:

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Damn abload has been my go to for over a decade. I still haven't found a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.