• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 278 41.1%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 83 12.3%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 290 42.8%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry y'all. I faced 4 Ken's in a row this morning, so it's not Luke Fighter 6 just yet.
In my experience, he's not really that prevalent until around 1750-1800 MR. Like when I was at 1880 ish, I saw him a ton, but when I tilted all the way down to around 1650, he almost completely disappeared.
The real question is "why aint Luke top 5 for every rank?".

You'd think it'd be Ken/Ryu/Luke/Juri/Cammy all over but he slips down towards 10th alot.
I think when people pick him up, they feel like they should auto win and that's really not the case unless you already know how to play the game.
Perfect specials probably?
Yeah I think that plays into it as well, even though it shouldn't. There are ways around having to do perfect knuckles

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Idom's Manon buff video wasn't that in depth. He just wants standing heavy kick to be 0 on block, he wants a damage buff on her specials that aren't command grab and a 6 frame crouching medium punch. As a Manon main I can agree with all this. But I liked MCMura's video better. Her target combos really should be special cancellable. Crouching medium kick cancel would be nice but I think it would make her too strong so I'm not sure about it anymore.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idom's Manon buff video wasn't that in depth. He just wants standing heavy kick to be 0 on block, he wants a damage buff on her specials that aren't command grab and a 6 frame crouching medium punch. As a Manon main I can agree with all this. But I liked MCMura's video better. Her target combos really should be special cancellable. Crouching medium kick cancel would be nice but I think it would make her too strong so I'm not sure about it anymore.
Her target combos being special cancellable would be the dumbest change possible for Manon. I like how her target combos are a commitment, and it's part of what is making the risk & reward interesting for her. She needs buffs of course, but i'd want Capcom to make smarter ones.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The rim lighting is honestly the only thing saving it. The lighting in general makes everything look more washed out than it should, but the rim lighting adds a little pop.
I think the rim lighting is a bit extreme. Makes characters look a little strange against backgrounds, and extra weird when you try to take "photomode" pictures of the game, not that matters much to most people lol.
Poor Manon. Remember the first two weeks where everyone thought she was cracked and now nobody plays her anymore lol.
People that were screaming for nerfs based on the three days of beta play were such dummies.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Poor Manon. Remember the first two weeks where everyone thought she was cracked and now nobody plays her anymore lol.

I've been a Manon player since launch month. I think she needs buffs but she's really deadly if you don't know her gimmicks and that's the problem. Her setups are very fake and damage is low on anything but command grab. She needs a punish counter overhead combo to do any real damage. My setups only work cause people don't lab it. Something simple like medium punch into ex command grab on block or medium punch into command grab on block etc. Back medium kick into command grab on block. If they jump, go for jumping medium punch into ex kicks mix up into double kicks for the corner.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

awfully quiet about how much that dress costs.

Honestly the more interesting thing here is that they're finally starting to add more hair. I still want this included in the game in it's entirety.

afrohairlibrary.org

Open Source Afro Hair Library

The Open Source Afro Hair Library provides access to free, high quality 3D models of Black hair textures and styles.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
i mean it basically is a Juri costume in the trailer

That you can't use on Juri.

Fantastic move Capcom definitely not the shittiest post launch of any modern fighter we got there with full premium battle passes that give you jack shit for real fights, 100+ dollars costumes, 15 dollars collabs for avatars only etc...

Holy shit season 2 has got to be handled by different people.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all see this? Pretty cool to see how SF6 has popped off with Japanese viewers

https://streamscharts.com/news/top-fighting-games-and-streamers-twitch-2023

6Scrnco.png

In 2023, Street Fighter 6 emerged as the most popular fighting game on Twitch. The game was released in June and within six months, it amassed over 112.1 million Hours Watched. Street Fighter 6 also boasted the highest peak online viewership among all platform fighting games in 2023, hitting 320.7K Peak Viewers. This milestone was achieved on June 25th during a tournament hosted by the Crazy Raccoon Club, featuring top streamers from Japan.

Street Fighter 6 garnered three times more viewing hours than the second-ranked game in the fighting game rankings. Such phenomenal success was driven by immense interest in the title, particularly from top Japanese streamers, including female YouTubers. In 2023, streams for Street Fighter 6 were hosted by fps_shaka, stylishnoob4, Akami Karubi, DaigoTheBeasTV, and many others. Among American streamers, notable activity for the title came from Maximilian_DOOD, NuckleDu, and Snake_Eyez_.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I just don't get why it couldn't be used for both.

I can't imagine a technical issue with using avatar items for the main cast like Tekken's customization items. It should be a relatively easy thing to implement with the way avatars are completely integrated into the game and can fight against/alongside the main roster.

I can imagine some aesthetic, competitive, and monetization issues, but it seems like something they could practically flip the switch on if they were inclined to.

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic move Capcom definitely not the shittiest post launch of any modern fighter we got there with full premium battle passes that give you jack shit for real fights, 100+ dollars costumes, 15 dollars collabs for avatars only etc...

Holy shit season 2 has got to be handled by different people.
Yeah nah.

Everything about the game that actually matters (gameplay, online infrastructure) is literally godlike.

Never get the whining about not being able to throw away money on more stupid crap. You'd really play this game before if you play the credit card meta and collect more stupid costumes for characters you don't play? it reminds me of fortnite when people complain about the shop. lol

I can't imagine a technical issue with using Avatar items for the main cast like Tekken's customization items. It should be a relatively easy thing to integrate with the way avatars are completely integrated into the game and can fight against/alongside the main roster.

I can imagine some aesthetic, competitive, and monetization issues, but it seems like something they could practically flip the switch on if they were inclined to.
Main cast models are notably higher quality then the avatar models. They also appear to have unique body sculpts for different costumes (juri's at least is... different in certain areas) I don't think they're doing the tekken thing where it's a unique head on a generic body.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be interesting to see how much this avatar stuff is selling. It's understandable that they've been emphasizing the whole time that there are 3 facets to this game: WT, BH, and FG. But somehow it does feel like Fighting Ground support has been lacking somewhat in favor of the 2 others.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah nah.

Everything about the game that actually matters (gameplay, online infrastructure) is literally godlike.

Never get the whining about not being able to throw away money on more stupid crap.

Alright you convinced me, this is the best post launch of all FGs.

Looking forward to nothing and nothing. And if we luck out we're also gonna be able to buy songs we can't use in battles again, which sounds really hype. Can't wait.

Ah I'm unfair, I'm sure you were seduced by the exceptional post launch balance tha- never mind.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be interesting to see how much this avatar stuff is selling. It's understandable that they've been emphasizing the whole time that there are 3 facets to this game: WT, BH, and FG. But somehow it does feel like Fighting Ground support has been lacking somewhat in favor of the 2 others.

Technically speaking but it still get supports from all new characters (Arcade mode, Training mode, Combo/Tutorials, etc) but it don't really shine that much comparing to other two modes tho.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
These collabs def showed that capcom isnt that interested in guest characters. Honestly, as long as crossover stick to battle hub stuff I dont really mind it.
Plus battle hub outfits not being super high quality compare to the main gameplay means they can focus most of the ressources on the characters themselves.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Battlehub is just a cash cow that I don't think takes a ton of resources for them to keep updated. While the really tough high quality stuff like Characters and costumes cook and release ever so slowly they have a steady stream of income from collabs, item shop rotations and the monthly BP.

Since it seems we are locked for 4 characters a season they just need to release costumes more regularly since it was pointless releasing 18 at once with no bundle and they would have helped build some hype in between character releases.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Battlehub is just a cash cow that I don't think takes a ton of resources for them to keep updated. While the really tough high quality stuff like Characters and costumes cook and release ever so slowly they have a steady stream of income from collabs, item shop rotations and the monthly BP.
The current rollout of content makes two things clear…
  • A lot of work goes into the costumes of the playable roster, let alone full-on characters.
  • Capcom seems to want to give everyone equal treatment on the costume front.
I do see the benefits of this, but there are definitely drawbacks in terms of how much content for things people care about come out.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah after SFV, it really looks like they want every character to have access to the same amount of options.
No more 10 chuns costumes while Sim only has 3.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
The current rollout of content makes two things clear…
  • A lot of work goes into the costumes of the playable roster, let alone full-on characters.
  • Capcom seems to want to give everyone equal treatment on the costume front.
I do see the benefits of this, but there are definitely drawbacks in terms of how much content for things people care about come out.

Like I said previously when we were talking about character models, SF6 is a more demanding title and shit takes longer. However, the neatness of the art style and the quality of the character design can only carry this so far, and I think we're seeing the fatigue set in.

The game is basically not on the best selling charts anywhere anymore, and I think the momentum right now is dead because the game is getting stale and nothing exciting is happening. They fucked up their own 2 million dollar tournament and all we see are avatar battle guest characters and overpriced, awful looking avatar costumes (That samurai stuff looked bad).

Oct 25, 2017
The game is basically not on the best selling charts anywhere anymore, and I think the momentum right now is dead because the game is getting stale and nothing exciting is happening. They fucked up their own 2 million dollar tournament and all we see are avatar battle guest characters and overpriced, awful looking avatar costumes (That samurai stuff looked bad).
I mean, the game is still smoking every other fighting game in daily player count on Steam. Doesn't look dead to me:

atLw4Jv.png

You can add the 24h peak of every other FG together and it doesn't scrape sf6. Look at how that exciting MK1 battle pass filled with gaas garbage and pure kontent is pumping that player number to 3.2k

sure people buy the shit but it doesn't make anyone want to play the game more

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I mean, the game is still smoking every other fighting game in daily player count on Steam. Doesn't look dead to me:

atLw4Jv.png

You can add the 24h peak of every other FG together and it doesn't scrape sf6. Look at how that exciting MK1 battle pass filled with gaas garbage and pure kontent is pumping that player number to 3.2k

Really hope the rollback gives a boost to dbfz.
Im wondering if namco and arcsys are planning a gbvs rising style of sequel for the game.

2016 has entered the chat.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot

The new blood is slowing to a trickle, and the average daily count is continuing to drop. The bump from the character costumes was pretty short lived.

And don't get me wrong, MK1 is worse. But MK1 doesn't have shit to do with what Capcom is doing. Also, I didn't buy MK1 so nothing they do matters lol

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

I still see turtles putting around in BH. But I've literally never seen any of the samurai stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
The new blood is slowing to a trickle, and the average daily count has dropped 2 months in a row.

And don't get me wrong, MK1 is worse. But MK1 doesn't have shit to do with what Capcom is doing. Also, I didn't buy MK1 so nothing they do matters lol
Sorry it's really hard for me to take something like "new blood slowing to a trickle" seriously when the game is doing daily numbers a year after release in a "dead" season that look like the all time peak of pretty much every other game in the genre. If SF6 is dead what game is alive lol

I sorta get the urge to buy stuff. I'd like it if they added a new cute juri costume every month and Kolin to the game next week. They could up the pace a little with new characters.

But I'm still happy playing it over virtually every other game, even without new shit to buy, every night because its fun.