Street Fighter V will be free-to-play from December 11 - 18 on PC and PS4, also introducing sponsored content

BronsonLee

Don't worry I'm on the case
Oct 24, 2017
I'm ok with everything except them just sticking on CPT logos on the model

Can you turn it off bit by bit or is it all in one

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Don't mind the pre-fight and stage ads. You are currently only staring at empty space in case of the former, so you might as well make some extra FM by enabling them.

The character ads are horrible, though. I am not going to let them defile the costumes I paid actual money for just to earn extra in-game currency. The bonus will likely be pitiful anyway.

Nov 30, 2018
I mean, they've reduced fm payouts before, there's nothing stopping them fron doing it again.
They have. And when they did it they announced they were doing it and gave everyone plenty of warning when it was happening. And while it's not as significant as what they took away, they added other ways to earn it and beefed up the earnings in areas where it wasn't much before. If they were doing it again, it would be reflected in this announcement and it's not something they would just do without making it known.

Since it is not in this announcement, we can assume that has zero to do with the topic at hand and what has been announced, SFV will be free-to-play from Dec. 11-18.

BronsonLee

Oct 24, 2017
Can PC peeps mod it so that the ads, instead of CPT, are my avatar

Get hit with a two piece and a biscuit with the Gritty Hitty

Oct 27, 2017
YongYea about to make an easy 500 dollars with this headline.

"Capcom puting ads into your game. Gamers are upset. Chaotic and predatory trend upcoming?"
Considering the hate boner he has for Ubisoft, he should know that that they've been doing exactly that in Rainbow 6 Siege.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with everything except them just sticking on CPT logos on the model

Can you turn it off bit by bit or is it all in one
Seems there are two options:

Ads in costumes: off or on

Ads in stages and Loading screens: off or on.

Not sure if you earn more FM for keeping everything on.

BronsonLee

Oct 24, 2017
Seems there are two options:

Ads in costumes: off or on

Ads in stages and Loading screens: off or on.

Not sure if you earn more FM for keeping everything on.
Oh that ain't too bad - things I say before Capcom makes it bad

Oct 25, 2017
I actually kinda like the "ad" costume since it feels like jersey's or sponsors.

Still won't play a fighting game because I am ass at them, but I do want to see "Gamerfuel Chunners"

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
With the shit reception SF V been getting, I'm surprised capcom hasn't released super/arcade version by now. But I guess how shit MVC was, maybe that's a good thing.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I actually kinda like the "ad" costume since it feels like jersey's or sponsors.

Still won't play a fighting game because I am ass at them, but I do want to see "Gamerfuel Chunners"
lol she already has something like that

Nome

Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Feels like they're dipping their toes into making the game free to play. Which it probably should be. Fighting games need big player pools.
This. These are telltale signs of looking for non-converter revenue.
There's really no F2P competition right now, SF is a household name, and user acquisition costs would presumably be low.

SFV is going F2P y'all.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
With the shit reception SF V been getting, I'm surprised capcom hasn't released super/arcade version by now. But I guess how shit MVC was, maybe that's a good thing.
is this like low-tier sarcasm or something

Oct 31, 2017
If they're looking to retain some players, they should be looking at de-janking the netcode before doing this..

Sep 1, 2018
They were already doing this with red bull now its just the cpt logo instead. Is it a bad thing if people hear about the pro tour and start watching tournament? I mean its not like its an add for fast food or something like that. Again they were already doing this with the red bull costume and red bull ads on the cpt stage.

BronsonLee

Oct 24, 2017
I expect them to do what UFC games did once in a while and rotate ads

Red Bull
CPT
Twitch
Me buying an ad so anytime you can uppercut it just goes 'whoopsie!'

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I don't really have a problem with them promoting their tournament. They could probably go further with the idea, like allowing people to watch live matches in-game using some sort of spectator system or having tournament replays available for download. Stuff like Red Bull ads in loading screens and stages is pretty sketch, good thing you can turn them off.

The promo costumes look super ugly, however.

Neoxon

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Feels like they're dipping their toes into making the game free to play. Which it probably should be. Fighting games need big player pools.
This. These are telltale signs of looking for non-converter revenue.
There's really no F2P competition right now, SF is a household name, and user acquisition costs would presumably be low.

SFV is going F2P y'all.
I mean, SFV only has 2 seasons left going by Ono’s quote about support up to 2020. If anything, this could be a litmus test for SFVI.

Jul 18, 2018
I paid $60 for this garbage at launch, it's still not fixed, and now they're just giving it away? I'm never giving Capcom another dollar.

Oct 29, 2017
as long as they dont make FM worse than before with this change it seems fine ? I wonder if that's gonna influence any future entries from now on.